Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/22/2012 8:55 pm  #1

PSU 4pm next Sat

Anyone want to go?  I can drive and take 3.  Can drop car at the Monroeville park 'n ride.

12/22/2012 9:02 pm  #2

Re: PSU 4pm next Sat

I'm planning to go, but I will be traveling west.

12/23/2012 11:52 am  #3

We are going...4 of us.  Wife and kids.  Also spending the night there.  I have read that Donovan Jack is only playing about 4 minutes a game.  Hate to introduce the "if onlys",,,but it would have been interesting to see how he would have done with coach Ferry.

12/26/2012 12:00 pm  #4

Could be an interesting game. State not as athletic as Louisianna-Lafayette and could be a less difficult opponent and a closer venue which should help as well. This figures to be a close one which could be decided at the line. Ouch! We need to see Kadeem and Sean bring their A games.

12/27/2012 8:04 am  #5

president wrote:

Could be an interesting game. State not as athletic as Louisianna-Lafayette and could be a less difficult opponent and a closer venue which should help as well. This figures to be a close one which could be decided at the line. Ouch! We need to see Kadeem and Sean bring their A games.

It will be interesting to see how the Dukes respond after the loss.  The second half at au ULL was brutal.

12/27/2012 9:49 am  #6

I believe that looking at the schedule so far and what is coming up, that the AD (or whoever does the schedule) do a nice job as far as dates and times.  Many a year we had a game over Christmas and there was me, a few people, and the ushers.  As we all know, we have trouble drawing at all and during this time it is embarrassing.  Something else I have noticed which I appreciate is how the dance team and cheerleaders and pep band show up in full force even when classes weren't going on.  It no longer looks like a junior high after thought for these 3 groups.  From last year and earlier, there would be no dance team, half the cheerleaders, and a handful of pep band folks though they also made the best showing.

Pep Band - A+
Dance Team - A+
Cheerleaders - B
No cut on the cheerleaders it is just those other two groups, I would actually match them against almost anyone.

Have a Blessed Christmas - Safe New Year

Last edited by FAM (12/27/2012 9:51 am)

12/28/2012 9:32 am  #7

Article from Official Site.

http://www.goduquesne.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/122712aag.html

I still can not believe the Dukes gave up 90 points to ULL.  Ferry needs to crank up his defensive effort.  Duquesne is ranked 307 out of 345 schools in the NCAA three point defense.  Way too many open looks.  I know we are small and have to sag to be a better rebounding team but ferry needs to figure out a way to cool down a streaky shooter like the kid from ULL.  Duquesne is ranked 52 in rebounding margin.

12/28/2012 8:50 pm  #8

ARK LITTLE ROCK 87- LA LAFF 70 Game after they drilled our Dukes. Need I say more!

12/29/2012 12:54 am  #9

Datt again did  not travel with the team to PSU, anyone know why?

12/29/2012 8:11 am  #10

Got to wonder.  He is still shown on the roster.  Hopefully Ray Goss will let us know his status.

12/29/2012 3:51 pm  #11

Jarrett said Datt was sitting out working on academics.  No real clear if he is now qulified and being red shirted or just did not qualify.

12/29/2012 4:22 pm  #12

Slow start

12/29/2012 4:46 pm  #13

Ironduke81 wrote:

ARK LITTLE ROCK 87- LA LAFF 70 Game after they drilled our Dukes. Need I say more!

Like I said ... I bet they don't win another game this year.

12/29/2012 4:55 pm  #14

This is getting embarrassing already. What is going on with the technical fouls again?

12/29/2012 4:59 pm  #15

ElDuque wrote:

Ironduke81 wrote:

Well, this is new to all if us. We are spoiled like Steeler fans. Miss the playoffs one year and the world is coming to an end.

This is a rebuilding year!   We are used to the excellence that is DU basketball.   We will soon return to our glorious seasons and records  of the 80s, 90s and 00s.   And the post season success those decades brought.

Some would think 2 technical fouls in the space of 30 seconds as a negative, I see the fire and spirit that is DUQUESNE basketball!!

12/29/2012 5:34 pm  #16

Every game someone has a career three point shooting night against the Dukes.  Can you say WIDE OPEN SHOTS Jim Ferry.  The pisser is the inbound pass to Colella wide open.

12/29/2012 5:35 pm  #17

I will be so glad when Marhold graduates.

12/29/2012 5:45 pm  #18

The only time I want to see the ball heading toward Marhold is on a rebound.

12/29/2012 5:59 pm  #19

ElDuque wrote:

Ironduke81 wrote:

Nah, they are just like us, decent at home, and terrible on the road. They'll win some home games, and so will we. Road games, eh, not many.

12/29/2012 6:10 pm  #20

duqkurt wrote:

ElDuque wrote:

Ironduke81 wrote:

Well, this is new to all if us. We are spoiled like Steeler fans. Miss the playoffs one year and the world is coming to an end.

This is a rebuilding year!   We are used to the excellence that is DU basketball.   We will soon return to our glorious seasons and records  of the 80s, 90s and 00s.   And the post season success those decades brought.

Some would think 2 technical fouls in the space of 30 seconds as a negative, I see the fire and spirit that is DUQUESNE basketball!!

Kurt, I meant Laff at Louisiana. They are not a good team. Of course, neither are we.

I WISH we were spoiled. We're joust soiled.

12/29/2012 6:26 pm  #21

ElDuque wrote:

Ironduke81 wrote:

If you are so confident of your prediction, I'll take that bet for $100.00.  I'll let you know where you can send me my money when the Dukes get their 8th win this season!

12/29/2012 6:28 pm  #22

godukes1970 wrote:

ElDuque wrote:

Ironduke81 wrote:

If you are so confident of your prediction, I'll take that bet for $100.00.  I'll let you know where you can send me my money when the Dukes get their 8th win this season!

He was talking about LALF.

12/29/2012 6:41 pm  #23

We played better with Pantophlet at the center and pressing defense.  I do not know what happen to PJ.  With a team struggling with offense he doesn't play.  We have too much dead wood.  We need at least two more guys to move on so we get have three more scholarships for next year.

12/29/2012 6:47 pm  #24

We just don't get enough out of the 4 and 5 positions. For them, 10 points is a great game, when we need for them to be averaging that.

12/29/2012 7:11 pm  #25

No only do we have no offense inside, the defense is horrible.  We let a walk on go off on us for 5 treys today.  How do you let the kid camp out wide open in the corner.  You would think after his 2nd trey Ferry would figure it out.  Of course this is because we have nobody inside who can play defense one on one so we sag to help.  Marhold get pushed around and Abele is too slow. Pick your posion.  I honestly do not see us winning 10 games.

Board footera