Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/28/2015 8:02 am  #1

Mississippi Valley State..

Plays RMU today

11/28/2015 8:17 am  #2

Re: Mississippi Valley State..

No time get be overconfident and stumble.

11/28/2015 9:13 am  #3

They nearly beat byu and Air Force. Won't be a pushover

11/28/2015 1:17 pm  #4

They either hang close or get crushed. I'd like to see them hang close with Bobbie Mo and leave the crushing to us.

11/29/2015 1:22 pm  #5

lilpav30 wrote:

Plays RMU today

RMU won by 3.  Based on Rick's theory we win by 20.

11/29/2015 4:49 pm  #6

Lets do it

11/29/2015 6:28 pm  #7

CLK wrote:

lilpav30 wrote:

Plays RMU today

RMU won by 3.  Based on Rick's theory we win by 20.

Tennessee Tech beat us to it. They beat them 101-64 today.

11/29/2015 10:08 pm  #8

Brutal scheduling for MVSU. Played Saturday and Sunday and now Tuesday against a rested Duquesne team

11/30/2015 12:43 am  #9

Dukes2012 wrote:

Brutal scheduling for MVSU. Played Saturday and Sunday and now Tuesday against a rested Duquesne team

The life of a cupcake.

11/30/2015 9:17 am  #10

This is how they support the program, Robert Morris has been doing this forever, but they make the NCAA sometimes......

A diehard fan since 1961

11/30/2015 7:15 pm  #11

12/01/2015 7:46 pm  #12

Chaotic first half. Eric James is really turning into a nice player. Powell appears to have knocked the rust off

12/01/2015 7:59 pm  #13

How are there NO students at the game?  I realize this team blows, but we are 5-1!  Maybe we should switch the student seats to sideline seats as more incentive?  

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

12/01/2015 8:02 pm  #14

Can we see some of the bench players?  We are up 30.  I'd like to see Castro and Jackson and Steel play a lot more this half.  

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

12/01/2015 8:39 pm  #15

Simms wrote:

Can we see some of the bench players?  We are up 30.  I'd like to see Castro and Jackson and Steel play a lot more this half.  

Well you got plenty of bench players and walk ons, and it was not pretty. They got out scored by 20. Good thing the top 8 players gave them a 34 point lead

12/01/2015 8:50 pm  #16

Glad to see the subs get it, however Castro seems incredibly slow on his dribble, slow motion driving and even on the ball handling . He even seems to keep his head down while dribbling up court.

Is this really next years point guard?

A diehard fan since 1961

12/01/2015 8:52 pm  #17

Supposedly there was a scout from the Cleveland Cavaliers to see Micah, and did not disappoint.  James also played a nice game.  Some are not going to like this comment, but I have to be honest, so far Castro has been very unimpressive to me.  He looks like he is moving in slow motion.  If it is rust it goes to the bone.   

12/01/2015 8:56 pm  #18

CLK wrote:

Supposedly there was a scout from the Cleveland Cavaliers to see Micah, and did not disappoint.  James also played a nice game.  Some are not going to like this comment, but I have to be honest, so far Castro has been very unimpressive to me.  He looks like he is moving in slow motion.  If it is rust it goes to the bone.   

I agree on Castro. How was this guy setting records at the pro/am summer league dropping 50+ points when he seems like he's always moving in slow motion? Thank god we have tarin smith waiting in the wings. Also, looking forward to watching our point guard recruit on tv Thursday. Not real bullish on Castro at this point.

12/01/2015 9:01 pm  #19

Craig MeyerVerified account ‏@CraigMeyerPG   3m3 minutes ago Duquesne coach Jim Ferry said Nakye Sanders will be back for Friday's game against Pitt. Was out tonight for a violation of team rules.

12/01/2015 9:01 pm  #20

Phildog wrote:

Glad to see the subs get it, however Castro seems incredibly slow on his dribble, slow motion driving and even on the ball handling . He even seems to keep his head down while dribbling up court.

How did you miss Tarin Smith? He's the point guard for next year. Castro was supposed to be the 2.

12/01/2015 9:04 pm  #21

Phildog wrote:

Castro has impressed me about as much as Johnny Manziel has as an NFL quarterback so far

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

12/01/2015 9:05 pm  #22

Dukes2012 wrote:

Simms wrote:

Well you got plenty of bench players and walk ons, and it was not pretty. They got out scored by 20. Good thing the top 8 players gave them a 34 point lead

Won't be many more chances for most of those guys to see the court from here on out.

12/01/2015 9:17 pm  #23

Went to the game. Tough to say good or bad notes from the game, that team was just terrible. There starters came out and maybe one guy was bigger than 6'6" and three were much shorter. Surprised an nba scout would attend this game instead of Friday's. This was essentially an exhibition. We actually looked pretty sloppy for about ten minutes of the first half and we were still killing them.

12/01/2015 9:29 pm  #24

Tejas_Duke wrote:

Phildog wrote:

Castro has impressed me about as much as Johnny Manziel has as an NFL quarterback so far

I'm seeing Castro in the same light as you but I've got a gut feeling that he will improve as season goes on and becomes a pretty good player next season.

12/01/2015 9:31 pm  #25

While Pitt is using every ounce of energy v. PURDUE we rested all of our good players and we won.

I am taking nothing else away from this game. The team was horrible. It's hard to get up for it.

Board footera