Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/16/2013 5:22 pm  #1

Xavier AD to Georgia Tech?

Saw this post on the AD Board from an Xavier poster:

"Word on the street is that Xavier's AD Mike Bobinski will be named Georgia Tech's AD today. Hopefully his first duty on the job is firing Gregory.
I hope Xavier takes a serious look at former Xavier employee and current Duquesne AD Greg Amodio.
And before anyone who thinks they are witty chimes in with "this could hurt there chances at the new conference", the decisions on that are at the President's of the Universities level at this point. This won't affect that at all."

1/16/2013 7:28 pm  #2

Re: Xavier AD to Georgia Tech?

Does he need help filling out the application?  Does he need help packing?   Seriously, I'll help them pack glasses, move sofas, take the Amodio family pets in for a weekend so
they have a smooth transition. 

He has to be the best candidate for the job. He KNOWS THE XAVIER WAY!!!!!!  

Please give him his wish. Return him to the home of the Bungles, Skyline Chili, and his beloved X!!!!!

Last edited by duqkurt (1/16/2013 7:29 pm)

1/16/2013 8:39 pm  #3

Can we be this lucky GA to the X. Please God give us a break! In reality they would never hire him thats why they are the X. 

1/17/2013 1:44 pm  #4

Hey, Skyline Chili is the best part of Cincy.

1/17/2013 3:28 pm  #5

Be careful what you wish for!  You have two coaches that are trying to build programs in basketball who seem to be able to work with the AD.  You want to have a stable environment for them to build with no distractions.  You have some good people that have been put in place in the Athletic Dept. who may finally be making some progress in terms of relating to the students and the larger community; so why are you so anxious to see the AD leave?

Last edited by levon1975 (1/17/2013 3:37 pm)

1/17/2013 10:24 pm  #6

I'm not anxious to see Amodio leave, despite some of the things I've said about the handling of the last coach's departure and, well, the "near beer" feeling I have about some of his claimed accomplishments. I want long term prosperity and continuity in the program. We've had continuity before, but its partner was incontinence in lieu of prosperity. I would understand his reason for leaving, though, because he and Xavier will land on their feet while we and our next AD nosedive into a manure pile.

1/18/2013 7:57 am  #7

Be careful what you wish for?  Isn't that what some said to those calling for Ron's head?  I hope Amodio get's the job.

1/18/2013 9:08 pm  #8

I hope he does because he wont have a job after this season. Trust me easy upgrade  get everyone on the same map support the program its the most logical  move. In Charlie I trust!

1/21/2013 7:34 pm  #9

levon1975 wrote:

Be careful what you wish for!  You have two coaches that are trying to build programs in basketball who seem to be able to work with the AD.  You want to have a stable environment for them to build with no distractions.  You have some good people that have been put in place in the Athletic Dept. who may finally be making some progress in terms of relating to the students and the larger community; so why are you so anxious to see the AD leave?

Levon, have you read my post's? The last thing this guy brings is a stable environment!!

Board footera