Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/18/2016 9:19 am  #1

Eric James

Saw this video of James working on his three point shooting. He is working out with Micah and his dad on his shot.  If he can become a consistent three point shooter with his athletic ability to take it to the hoop, I think he can become a very dangerous player and really help this team.  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i618d0hkx8vty9p/20160421_204234.mp4?dl=0

5/18/2016 12:33 pm  #2

Re: Eric James

CLK wrote:

Saw this video of James working on his three point shooting. He is working out with Micah and his dad on his shot.  If he can become a consistent three point shooter with his athletic ability to take it to the hoop, I think he can become a very dangerous player and really help this team.  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i618d0hkx8vty9p/20160421_204234.mp4?dl=0

Absolutely agree. Consistent jump shot is the only thing his offensive game is really missing. Being a threat to pull up and shoot in addition to what he can do going to the rack will make him such a more effective offensive player. His handle and passing aren't bad either, at times though last year he didn't look confident enough to handle at the top of the key but that's the type of thing that will change the more he gains experience. Looking forward to the summer league to see if there's any improvement!

5/18/2016 2:45 pm  #3

Some perspective:

FG%       "3"%         FT%          Rebounds        Assts/T.O.       Stops*

Blackman              43           29            81              112                  44     84            35
Smith                    47           30            61               49                   22    24            27
James                  47            25            65              176                  48    68            47

* Blocks + Steals
Avg. minutes:  Smith - 18;   James - 25;   Blackman - 33

5/18/2016 4:09 pm  #4

The most troubling thing to me are Assits/TO.  Who is going to set the table?  Also, all three are slashers who struggled with their three point shooting.  Lot to work on this summer. 

5/25/2016 9:07 am  #5

In thinking about Eric's negative assist/to ratio I think many of his turnovers were due to him not taking wide open three point shots but trying to drive inside.  Teams gambled as his shooting confidence dropped and laid off of him, and by him driving the ball he was playing into the hands of the defense (just my simple minded analysis).   Eric in my opinion, however, made great strides from his freshman year to this past season, and with his work ethics I think he will make another leap this year.  As I said above, with his athletic ability, if he can become a consistent three point shooter it will open up his whole game and really help his game. 

5/25/2016 2:09 pm  #6

Hilltopper wrote:

Some perspective:

Blackman              43           29            81              112                  44     84            35
Smith                    47           30            61               49                   22    24            27
James                  47            25            65              176                  48    68            47

* Blocks + Steals

Keep in mind the difference in the levels of competition. James played better competition than Blackman, and Smith was out there with the big boys.

5/26/2016 9:19 am  #7

duq81 wrote:

Hilltopper wrote:

Some perspective:

* Blocks + Steals

Keep in mind the difference in the levels of competition. James played better competition than Blackman, and Smith was out there with the big boys.

Agreed. Blackman is a big question mark but I still think he'll be a reliable scorer. Hopefully he can contribute in other ways as well. Really excited about Smith as most are, look for those Ast/TO numbers to improve. He was a freshman playing in the gauntlet of the B10. Hopefully James can take a big step next year. I think it's easy to forgot how much of a non factor he was as a freshman, and then how impactful he was in certain games last year.

Even when he wasn't offensively, he's a good long, lanky defensive presence to have on the perimeter, maybe our best one on one defender going into next year. If there is one position on the court I don't worry about for next year it's the 3. James with Mike, Jackson, and Littleson soming off the bench. That's some serious depth and talent. James is what he is, Jackson was a top 150 guy and a four star by some services, Mike is a prospect I'm probably the most excited about of anyone who we've recruited since I've been following DU for the past 7 years, with some high level talent services in Canada labeling him as "a legit NBA prospect" and a top 3 prospect in the country. Canada is the new recruiting ht spot, so thats saying a lot. Littleson should be a productive scorer throughout his career, excited to see what he becomes.

5/27/2016 4:54 am  #8

Duques102 wrote:

duq81 wrote:

Hilltopper wrote:

Some perspective:

* Blocks + Steals

Agreed. Blackman is a big question mark but I still think he'll be a reliable scorer. Hopefully he can contribute in other ways as well. Really excited about Smith as most are, look for those Ast/TO numbers to improve. He was a freshman playing in the gauntlet of the B10. Hopefully James can take a big step next year. I think it's easy to forgot how much of a non factor he was as a freshman, and then how impactful he was in certain games last year.

Even when he wasn't offensively, he's a good long, lanky defensive presence to have on the perimeter, maybe our best one on one defender going into next year. If there is one position on the court I don't worry about for next year it's the 3. James with Mike, Jackson, and Littleson soming off the bench. That's some serious depth and talent. James is what he is, Jackson was a top 150 guy and a four star by some services, Mike is a prospect I'm probably the most excited about of anyone who we've recruited since I've been following DU for the past 7 years, with some high level talent services in Canada labeling him as "a legit NBA prospect" and a top 3 prospect in the country. Canada is the new recruiting ht spot, so thats saying a lot. Littleson should be a productive scorer throughout his career, excited to see what he becomes.

Not to be negative but based on past experience only 8 players will receive significant PT early in the season. Then that will be compressed to 7 when the A10 season starts unless, of course, someone has a season ending injury. So depth never really is an issue....

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

Board footera