Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/21/2016 2:32 pm  #1

Tshiefu Ngalakulondi sets up Official visit

8/22/2016 10:45 am  #2

Re: Tshiefu Ngalakulondi sets up Official visit

Anthony Mack on unofficial visit today

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/anthony-mack

8/22/2016 2:21 pm  #3

CLK wrote:

Anthony Mack on unofficial visit today

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/anthony-mack

Looks like there has been a steady stream of prospects with solid offer sheets visiting the bluff lately. Hopefully we can get one or two of them to bite.

9/01/2016 8:23 am  #4

Unless there has been a change Tshiefu starts his visit today.

9/02/2016 10:45 am  #5

I am just looking forward to Ray Goss saying that name repeatedly 

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

9/07/2016 4:59 pm  #6

From Pittsburgh Sports now:** Last week, we told you that Proctor Academy forward Tshiefu Ngalakulondi was making an official visit to Duquesne last weekend and it looks like he was very impressed with what he saw.I talked with Ngalakulondi last night about the visit and where the Dukes now stand with him.“They are now in my top two schools (St. Bonaventure) and Yes, I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. The city was really eye opening. I like the coaching staff and right away they welcomed me. The campus was nice because it has that isolation of a real campus but also the city is right there too,” said Ngalakulondi.Ngalakulondi tells me that he plans on deciding before the end of the month.  He’d be a tremendous get for Jim Ferry and his staff.http://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2016/09/07/wednesday-psn-notes/

He will visit the Bonnies on 9/23

9/07/2016 8:55 pm  #7

CLK wrote:

From Pittsburgh Sports now:** Last week, we told you that Proctor Academy forward Tshiefu Ngalakulondi was making an official visit to Duquesne last weekend and it looks like he was very impressed with what he saw.I talked with Ngalakulondi last night about the visit and where the Dukes now stand with him.“They are now in my top two schools (St. Bonaventure) and Yes, I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. The city was really eye opening. I like the coaching staff and right away they welcomed me. The campus was nice because it has that isolation of a real campus but also the city is right there too,” said Ngalakulondi.Ngalakulondi tells me that he plans on deciding before the end of the month.  He’d be a tremendous get for Jim Ferry and his staff.http://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2016/09/07/wednesday-psn-notes/

He will visit the Bonnies on 9/23

Any chance we can conjure up a freak early blizzard for Olean on the 23rd?

9/08/2016 4:41 pm  #8

I need some challenging names to pronounce....Please make this happen!

9/14/2016 8:46 am  #9

A St. Bonnie poster on the A10 board says he's visiting there today and then will choose between the Bonnies and Duquesne.

9/14/2016 9:24 am  #10

I have been to Olean many times in Jan and Feb, you need warm clothes and good tires on your car.

There is very little to do unless you take the hour trip to Buffalo, but they have a good coach and a winning tradition and you play in front of many students and lifelong "Bona" fans......

A diehard fan since 1961

9/14/2016 10:02 am  #11

I'd feel a little better about our chances if he was visiting here now and had been to Olean earlier. I like getting that verbal while they are still on campus. I'm sure our coaches are keeping in close contact with him.

9/14/2016 10:25 am  #12

Replay of the 6-10 kid who visited here under RE, then went to Bona under Schmidt, and then sealed the deal in Olean.  Haunted DU for 4 years before going NBA.

9/14/2016 11:12 am  #13

Thanks Rick Saw this. From Pittsburgh Sports Now:

"A recruiting note for the Duquesne basketball program. Last weekend, Tshiefu Ngalakulondi (Proctor Academy) made an official visit to the campus and it appears he’s close to making a decision. Ngalakulondi (6-6, 205) is going to make an official visit to Saint Bonaventure on Wednesday and then will make his college decision next week. Sources tell me that the Duquesne assistant Danny Lawson made a visit to Ngalakulondi last week and a member of Duquesne’s staff will do so again sometime this week. Ngalakulondi is a player that Jim Ferry and his staff would really like to land and are doing everything they can to make that happen."

http://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2016/09/12/monday-psn-notes/

Last edited by CLK (9/14/2016 11:13 am)

9/14/2016 7:01 pm  #14

Phildog wrote:

I have been to Olean many times in Jan and Feb, you need warm clothes and good tires on your car.

There is very little to do unless you take the hour trip to Buffalo, but they have a good coach and a winning tradition and you play in front of many students and lifelong "Bona" fans......

Unfortunately, it's not January today .

9/14/2016 8:56 pm  #15

While I admire St. Bonaventure and Dayton faithful, well, I don't know how else to put this but unless you want to watch paint dry or snow melt neither locality offers much more.

To their credit, they've kept the basketball at a good level.

9/20/2016 8:54 am  #16

Per Pittsburgh sports now, Duq coaches visited tshiefu yesterday and they say he is likely to make a decision this week between the dukes and bonnies

9/20/2016 10:57 am  #17

I can't speak knowledgeably about Dayton but I grew up in Olean, took a bunch of classes at Bonaventure & still make it home for a few games each season. There is an awesome social life in Allegany, (the little burgh west of campus) in a close-knit university community that supports its basketball team with passion. The players are treated like gods by students, faculty, & townies alike. There are also a disproportionate amount of deep-pocketed alumni that financially support the Bonnies. Finally, it doesn't hurt that the academics are much less challenging than most A-10 schools including DU.

Combined with a basketball tradition as long & proud as Duquesne's, a fantastic game day experience, & their recent successes this is a much more attractive destination than you might expect. (If you can handle the constant grey skies & snow; I couldn't.)

Last edited by phil95 (9/20/2016 10:58 am)

9/20/2016 12:17 pm  #18

I suspect that T Nga will base his decision on which school will lead to him to pro ball be it Europe or the NBA.  Weather could be a factor but T Nga may consider weather at Olean as part of his apprenticeship.

9/20/2016 12:36 pm  #19

Phil, I remember reading in one of the articles about him that he is from a very rural area like olean, and questioning whether he would be comfortable in a relatively large city. I don't think this is a usual case where it would be an upset to lose a recruiting battle to the Bonnies based on geography and location.

9/20/2016 1:01 pm  #20

Dukes 2012, take this from someone whose first experience with Pittsburgh was showing up for freshman orientation: No matter where you're from, you fall in love with the city pretty quickly.

9/21/2016 4:10 pm  #21

Committed to the Bonnies

DC Blue Devils Congrats to Tshiefu Ngalakulondi on his commitment to St. Bonaventure University today. Proud of how far he has come

Last edited by CLK (9/21/2016 4:11 pm)

9/21/2016 4:40 pm  #22

CLK wrote:

Committed to the Bonnies

DC Blue Devils Congrats to Tshiefu Ngalakulondi on his commitment to St. Bonaventure University today. Proud of how far he has come

The quotes about city living kind of prepared me for this. Oh well. On to the next one.

9/21/2016 6:17 pm  #23

The killer is that now he can torture us twice a year for 3 or 4 years.

9/22/2016 8:16 am  #24

You never know if he can play at this level.  He may take some time.  I don't think SF was a great need for us; at this point I would rather see a PF who can rebound and defend.

9/22/2016 11:40 am  #25

I think, based on CLK's posts, that a PF type is on the list, but getting a 2G/SF type who can score doesn't hurt, especially with two scholarships to give.

If nothing else, he is phonetically daunting. I wish him luck against everyone but us. I'd like to see that we're after top tier targets. 

Board footera