Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/01/2016 8:41 am  #1

Ledarius Brewe

Garrett Tucker ‏=2017 Meridian (MS) wing Ledarius Brewer will take an official visit to Duquesne Sept. 22-24

Looks like an under the radar late bloomer.  I could not find him on Verbal Commits.

http://www.hoopseen.com/news/player/201607/six-players-alabama-mississippi-helped-themselves-during-july

Ladarius Brewer, 2017 SF, Meridian (MS): =15pxBrewer managed to slip through the cracks and underneath the radar for most of his high school career, but after a big July, it's safe to say people know the name now. At 6-foot-5, Brewer is a gifted shooter and scorer with the ability to score from all 3 levels. He had some big performances over the course of the month. Prior to July, Brewer held a lone offer from Troy. Now, the sharpshooter has received offers from Murray State, UTEP, Jacksonville State, Southeast Missouri, Duquesne, and Delta State, along with interest from Buffalo and Rhode Island.

Last edited by CLK (9/01/2016 8:42 am)

9/01/2016 8:48 am  #2

Re: Ledarius Brewe

Once again CLK digs out the recruiting news and scoops, kudo's for such dedicated support of the Duquesne Men's program.....

A diehard fan since 1961

9/03/2016 10:10 am  #3

Phildog wrote:

Once again CLK digs out the recruiting news and scoops, kudo's for such dedicated support of the Duquesne Men's program.....

CLK is the Man when it comes to the Dukes' recruiting news!  

On another note I must say that I found the sound tract for the video of Ladarius Brewe to be downright irritating.  Thank God that there is a volume button to go along with the video.

9/03/2016 4:01 pm  #4

Just to be different, somebody has to do one of these promotional compilations with a classical music soundtrack.

9/03/2016 8:09 pm  #5

Classical music? Like the Stones, CCR, the Doors?

9/04/2016 8:26 am  #6

Ah...like Brahms, Beethoven, Mozart, and even a bit of Debussy thrown in. Contrary to what some may believe, life does not begin and end with the "Stones". Hoping not to offend anyone here.

9/04/2016 5:13 pm  #7

Horace Debussy "Sach" Jones?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huntz_Hall

Now you're talking classics.

9/05/2016 5:54 pm  #8

godukes1970 wrote:

Phildog wrote:

CLK is the Man when it comes to the Dukes' recruiting news!  

On another note I must say that I found the sound tract for the video of Ladarius Brewe to be downright irritating.  Thank God that there is a volume button to go along with the video.

Thanks. I have been following recruiting at DU and other A10 teams on the internet for many years.  It use to be a lot harder when all we had was the recruiting sites on Rivals and Scout.  Now with Twitter and filters it is no big deal.  

9/22/2016 12:23 pm  #9

I don't know if the visit is still on, but Ledarius Brewer was scheduled to be on official visit starting today. He looks like an interesting prospect from his video.  If this kid does commit I would like to see us get a true big to replace Darius Lewis.  No combo, a true center rebounding beast, even if he is bit of a project.     

9/25/2016 4:46 pm  #10

9/25/2016 8:31 pm  #11

Wish this kid well at UTEP, but I'm kind of glad he didn't end up here. Nothing against him as a player, but I just don't feel that we need another 6'5" guard/forward combo. I think we have more pressing needs.

9/26/2016 10:27 am  #12

Agreed 2012; we need some size now.........and hopefully decent quality size.  Lewis has gotten better each year, but I am not sure we have the luxury of waiting for a 3 year development type of big guy.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see who they bring in.

Board footera