Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/04/2016 2:25 pm  #1

Too hard schedule for the development of our young team ?

I always been a big fan of playing against bigger and better competition as the best praparation to get better. Burt based on the last season, and his own expectations thought that way could be what the team needed to be well prepare for the A-10 season.

Now 4-5 , and out of the top 60 RPI, ... What do you think ? Good decision or not ?

For my part, I still support Coach Burt in that way. But obviously those games prevent a bit our second unit (Rookies) to have significants minutes to get better.

12/04/2016 5:43 pm  #2

Re: Too hard schedule for the development of our young team ?

I agree with what Dan said yesterday to me. Right now it does not look like a smart decision. That being said, this is not something to fully look at until the end of the season. In the short term, Duquesne is on a low that has not been reached in some time for this program. That has to change.

12/04/2016 8:17 pm  #3

Team will benefit in the long run.

In Dan Burt we trust. Go get 'em ladies!

12/05/2016 3:06 pm  #4

Right now, in Dan Burt we have to trust.

12/05/2016 4:56 pm  #5

I mentioned in another thread that I was concerned in the pre season that we over-scheduled this team considering its inexperience at guard positions and general leadership on the court.  I didn't expect they had anyone to replace Dev; who was multi talented and provided scoring, rebounding, defense, toughness , got to the hoop and just  played a different game from her teammates. 
Hopefully with some practice time they can begin to improve.

12/05/2016 7:24 pm  #6

Mainiac wrote:

Right now, in Dan Burt we have to trust.

Nothing to prove at this point. He's taken this program to the Big Dance, and he's won there.

12/06/2016 10:28 am  #7

As a coach there is always something to prove, getting to The Dance was great, but the plan is to make the tourney nearly every year.  It seems they are having trouble scoring, so finding someone to hit some shots will help.  I think the tourney trip last year, buys Dan some time to make some adjustments and find the right combinations. 
Another tough game today at 5pm against Charlotte.  They just won at Pitt and are off to a great start; so a win would rebuild some confidence.

Last edited by levon1975 (12/06/2016 10:34 am)

12/06/2016 9:50 pm  #8

wow, that charlotte team was quick. no one had an answer fir them down the stretch

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

12/06/2016 9:55 pm  #9

Part of that quickness was aided by an endless amount of turnovers leading to 28 fastbreak points. I came in late to cover the game due to work but I saw all I needed to see.

Duquesne is better than this and they know it. Tough luck having some pitfalls against tough competition.

12/07/2016 8:37 pm  #10

Get better as the season goes on, and be ready to make noise next year.

12/07/2016 10:10 pm  #11

Hopefully they can figure it out this season this is getting ugly

12/08/2016 2:00 pm  #12

One of the major symptoms of the team's decline is the average # of shots Duquesne's best post (Amadea) is averaging per game.  In the first 7 games, she averaged 11.4 shots/game - and the Dukes were performing fairly well.  In her last 3 games, she's averaging only 6 shots/game.  A big reason why is none of the guards are capable of passing the ball into her when she's posting up and calling for the ball.   In  the game against Charlotte, I watched how the guards reacted when she was calling for the ball.  The guards were not even looking for her, but rather determined to score themselves.  According to Coach Burt- the strength of this year's team would be the inside game, but you would never know it, watching the team.  There are other issues, but this one is significant.

12/10/2016 2:09 pm  #13

Well say Sperlman, totaly agreed. We also have to keep in our minds than that team is one of the youngest in the COUNTRY, playing only one senior on the starting five. ( A good reminder that we should use her more wisely). On my part, I would like to see a larger rotation of the players, that team is obviously deeper that is seems.  (Thomas, Samson, Paige, Vojionovic, ...)

Last edited by DukesShooRahRah (12/10/2016 2:10 pm)

12/10/2016 2:16 pm  #14

Judith Sole not playing has hurt them.

Board footera