Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/24/2017 5:57 pm  #1

Keith Dambrot

It is deja vu: Per John Rothstein3/24/17, 6:53 PM
Duquesne's search is now again focusing on Akron's Keith Dambrot, per sources. Decision will come down to program's commitment to winning.

3/24/2017 5:58 pm  #2

Re: Keith Dambrot

We've come full circle! Honestly, he's a solid coach and we could do a lot worse.

3/24/2017 6:03 pm  #3

I agree, he's a good coach. All Akron has done is consistently compete in the MAC. 

For everyone's sake and sanity, if this is our best candidate left, please accept to avoid yet another public rejection.

3/24/2017 6:06 pm  #4

Brian wrote:

I agree, he's a good coach. All Akron has done is consistently compete in the MAC. 

For everyone's sake and sanity, if this is our best candidate left, please accept to avoid yet another public rejection.

Another plus is his relationship with lebron. Would be nice for lebron to make an appearance on the bluff.

3/24/2017 6:12 pm  #5

3/24/2017 6:40 pm  #6

Dambrot is one of the only candidates who could honestly evaluate where the program is now with the changes and proposed changes in relation to where it was when we came after him last time. If the things we are hearing about renovations and increased salary are true, this could be an advantage.

Because of his previous knowledge and experience he shouldn't be swayed by anything written by hacks or tweeters.

Rothsteins tweet suggests there is genuine interest on dambrots side, contingent upon above stated commitments.

He would know what he's getting into better than most.

Accidentally posted in other thread*

3/24/2017 6:47 pm  #7

Somebody is definitely sabotaging Harper with these leaks and fake news. 

3/24/2017 6:49 pm  #8

CLK wrote:

I'd like to see Harper write an op-ed after this process is over taking the leaks and media to task. No one has any idea what has been true and not true the past 10 days.

3/24/2017 6:54 pm  #9

Dukes2012 wrote:

CLK wrote:

I'd like to see Harper write an op-ed after this process is over taking the leaks and media to task. No one has any idea what has been true and not true the past 10 days.

The fake news (King Rice) can come from anywhere, however if there is any truth to the other offers it has to come from a small group at DU (AD staff) or the search firm.

3/24/2017 7:00 pm  #10

It would be very hard to take any if this Dambrdt talk seriously.  Fool me once.........

3/24/2017 7:00 pm  #11

I doubt it is the firm...they'd have no motive for making their client inept, and having targets turn the job down makes them look more inept.  Gotta be someone tied to DU

3/24/2017 7:12 pm  #12

levon1975 wrote:

It would be very hard to take any if this Dambrdt talk seriously.  Fool me once.........

At this point, it feels like just a matter of time until someone posts a tweet saying dambrot is no longer pursuing the Duquesne job.

3/24/2017 7:27 pm  #13

Dambrot is not pursuing Duquesne, Duquesne is pursuing Dambrot.  The guy bleeds Akron, it's not going to happen.  His dad played for Duquesne, but such a long time ago, it probably isn't relevant.  He would be terrific here, but I don't think the challenge would be that appealing, to him at least. Duquesne is either going to get a very driven coach, or Just Another Guy for the paycheck.  There is only one guy I know of that could walk on water, and he is not available. 

3/24/2017 7:30 pm  #14

This is why I believe this is a fake story.  In 2012 (the last time DU chased him) he negotiated a 10-year contract extension @ $400,000 / year at Akron which means there is 5 years left on his contract.  If buy out were problems with the others so called targets with lesser salaries, it would be a non-starter here. 

http://www.ohio.com/sports/zips/ua-basketball-coach-dambrot-gets-10-year-contract-1.321569

3/24/2017 8:40 pm  #15

That's a great picture of LeBron. 

3/24/2017 8:41 pm  #16

Coaches don't want to move, because they know other jobs will soon open up. Indiana, and Georgetown will hire coaches, creating 2 more openings. UCLA will be open if Alford goes to Indiana. It's a domino effect, which is likely why Kelsey backed out at UMass.

3/24/2017 9:09 pm  #17

duq81 wrote:

Coaches don't want to move, because they know other jobs will soon open up. Indiana, and Georgetown will hire coaches, creating 2 more openings. UCLA will be open if Alford goes to Indiana. It's a domino effect, which is likely why Kelsey backed out at UMass.

I think Kelsey backed out because he had a mental breakdown personally.

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

3/24/2017 11:01 pm  #18

I hope this isn't so.  I don't think success at Akron is going to translate into success in the A10.  This doesn't match what Harper said he was looking for.  What happened with Hobbs?  That seemed a better fit.

Last edited by indygjm (3/24/2017 11:01 pm)

3/25/2017 12:07 am  #19

indygjm wrote:

I hope this isn't so.  I don't think success at Akron is going to translate into success in the A10.  This doesn't match what Harper said he was looking for.  What happened with Hobbs?  That seemed a better fit.

Dambrots the best coach we've been linked with so far.

3/25/2017 8:45 am  #20

John Harris tweeted that dambrot told recruits he isn't going anywhere. Seems like Harper has probably moved on.

3/26/2017 1:32 pm  #21

Pgh Sports Now‏ 

A very reliable source tells @PghSportsNow that Duquesne and Akron HC Keith Dambrot are expected to meet face-face in Pgh today.

Another leak.

Last edited by CLK (3/26/2017 1:34 pm)

3/26/2017 1:37 pm  #22

CLK wrote:

Pgh Sports Now‏ 

A very reliable source tells @PghSportsNow that Duquesne and Akron HC Keith Dambrot are expected to meet face-face in Pgh today.

Another leak.

Whomever this is that is doing all this leaking, I hope they get exposed.

3/26/2017 1:59 pm  #23

Right perhaps someone with an ax to grind with Duquesne, but they are doing their best to make them look bad.  I doubt that that's is any truth to it.  It could also be leaked by Dambrot in order to sweeten his deal.  I recall that is how it worked the last time.

3/26/2017 2:16 pm  #24

CLK wrote:

Pgh Sports Now‏ 

Another leak.

The only reliable sources I'm interested in hearing from is Harper.  The rest is noise.

3/26/2017 2:28 pm  #25

Dambrot might be on Dayton's list.

Board footera