Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/28/2017 7:04 am  #1

Thank you Mr. Harper for ...

-Hiring a coach who has an excellent record who has bee pursued by many over the last five years
-Having the ability to go back and hire a coach and close the deal with someone who was wanted five years ago at Duquesne
-Dealing with a program that has been non-existence in terms of support...because of their poor record...and please know that our comments and complaints and emotional outbursts on this board are because of our support...look at how many folks have joined in reading and questioning and commenting...who have not appeared in the past
-Coping with the many leaks and comments and mis-representations that have happened over the past few weeks
-Keeping your email up on the Duquesne site (the previous AD deleted his) and actually taking the time now and then to respond to an email we send which are usually complaints

Well, we now have a coach and one with a successful record.  Hopefully this will prove as a springboard for the updates to Palumbo.

Thank you Mr. Harper...we will try to remember that Rome wasn't built in a day!

3/28/2017 7:16 am  #2

Re: Thank you Mr. Harper for ...

Or as the great American general would have it.   "Harper you magnificent bastard!"  

I am still in shock.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/28/2017 7:20 am  #3

Mr. Harper truly hit a "Home run".

Major props to him !!!!

3/28/2017 7:29 am  #4

Harper Homer !!!

3/28/2017 7:42 am  #5

Great job Mr. Harper.  I never doubted you for a minute 

3/28/2017 8:11 am  #6

FAM wrote:

-
-Keeping your email up on the Duquesne site (the previous AD deleted his) and actually taking the time now and then to respond to an email we send which are usually complaints

LMFAO did Amodio really do that?  My God...  Even Steve Pederson never pulled that and many of us consider him the Anti-Christ.

3/28/2017 8:20 am  #7

Panthers & Dukes wrote:

FAM wrote:

-

LMFAO did Amodio really do that?  My God...  Even Steve Pederson never pulled that and many of us consider him the Anti-Christ.

Pedey and Amodio are twins separated at birth. What a string of awful ADs in this city. Bozik, Colleary, Jaynes, Barnes, Ugh! Harper appears to actually be competent. We'll have to see what Lyke does at Pitt now. The bar is low, so all she has to do is be competent.

3/28/2017 8:35 am  #8

Dear Mr. Harper,
As Duquesne University Graduate and long suffering DU HOOPS fan.... Thank You !
 IMHO, this is more than just a Coach hire but a true, new commitment toward winning.!!

Mark it down, today will be the day "Duquesne University Basketball" finally it turned around!!!!!!

Last edited by CalDuke (3/28/2017 8:37 am)

3/28/2017 8:46 am  #9

agreed - Thanks Mr. Harper.  Keep it going!.

3/28/2017 9:00 am  #10

Semper Fidelis

3/28/2017 9:04 am  #11

duq81 wrote:

Panthers & Dukes wrote:

FAM wrote:

-

Pedey and Amodio are twins separated at birth. What a string of awful ADs in this city. Bozik, Colleary, Jaynes, Barnes, Ugh! Harper appears to actually be competent. We'll have to see what Lyke does at Pitt now. The bar is low, so all she has to do is be competent.

LOL very true...

3/28/2017 9:22 am  #12

Yes, Amodio did that!

3/28/2017 9:30 am  #13

Very impressive hire, even more so with all the other coaching positions open.  Now let's hope we finally see that next level. It's way more believable now. Go Dukes !!!

3/28/2017 10:22 am  #14

Panthers & Dukes wrote:

FAM wrote:

-

Totally did that.  It was put up like a week before they announced the cutting of the sports.  They even put up an "Ask the AD" page that was quickly taken down when they cut sports.

3/28/2017 11:45 am  #15

As a very long suffering season ticket holder - 1988 - thank you Mr. Harper from the bottom of my heart!

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

3/28/2017 12:03 pm  #16

Mr. Harper did an excellent job.  I was wrong though.  I thought Dambrot
was the head fake but instead it appears that the other coaches were the
head fakes.  I listened to the Harper interview on the Fan.  He said he had
a number of conversations with Dambrot which, because of the head fakes,
he could conduct in privacy.  Nice way to foil the leaks.
Both Harper and Dambrot have plans for the future. Harper wants Dambrot
to move DU to the middle of the conference then a second move to the top. 
At his age and with his resume, Dambrot is a good fit to accomplish the first move then retire.
I see a new era for the MBB.

3/28/2017 12:51 pm  #17

I just sent a message to Harper thanking him....others should try to do the same.

Roll Dukes Roll

3/28/2017 2:22 pm  #18

currentstudent wrote:

I just sent a message to Harper thanking him....others should try to do the same.

I just sent mine. Impressive work so far. I finally feel we are in the right direction.

3/28/2017 3:44 pm  #19

Ifky 07 wrote:

currentstudent wrote:

I just sent mine. Impressive work so far. I finally feel we are in the right direction.

He has already responded. This guy is a class act."David Harper4:41 PM (1 minute ago) to me 
Mike, 
Thank you for your note.  This is one step (a big one) in building a program.  Plenty to go, but we will work every day on moving to the top part of the A-10.

Dave"

3/28/2017 3:47 pm  #20

You're an insider now Mr. Ifky. We'll be depending on you for information! :o)

3/28/2017 4:07 pm  #21

I'm pretty excited about all of this. only thing left to do is see if I can talk the ol ball an chain in letting me get my season tickets again...

3/28/2017 4:38 pm  #22

Interesting comment that Starkey shared from his recent interview with Ron Everhart:

“I’ve been hearing great things about the new athletic directior (Dave Harper),” Everhart said. “I know the new president (Swissvale native Ken Gormley) a little bit. Great hire, local guy. Administratively, at the very least, it seems to be a whole lot better than when I was there.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/joe-starkey/2017/03/28/keith-dambrot-lebron-james-pnc-park-netting/stories/201703280144

3/28/2017 6:28 pm  #23

DennisC91 wrote:

Interesting comment that Starkey shared from his recent interview with Ron Everhart:

“I’ve been hearing great things about the new athletic directior (Dave Harper),” Everhart said. “I know the new president (Swissvale native Ken Gormley) a little bit. Great hire, local guy. Administratively, at the very least, it seems to be a whole lot better than when I was there.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/joe-starkey/2017/03/28/keith-dambrot-lebron-james-pnc-park-netting/stories/201703280144

Would love to see Ron get another shot as a head coach. He has even said that working with Thuggins has improved him as a coach.

Board footera