Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/11/2017 3:44 pm  #1

Another possible transfer?

DU said to be on list for Frankie Hughes, rising sophomore ex of Missouri. Another Ohio kid once recruited by Coach Dambrot.

4/11/2017 3:48 pm  #2

Re: Another possible transfer?

ElDuque wrote:

DU said to be on list for Frankie Hughes, rising sophomore ex of Missouri. Another Ohio kid once recruited by Coach Dambrot.

This is conceivable since we have the luxury of having a scholarship-level non-scholarship player in Taylor on the roster. He provides the extra depth to be able to only carry 10 scholarship guys on the active roster.

Last edited by Dukes2012 (4/11/2017 3:48 pm)

4/11/2017 3:50 pm  #3

Plus any "preferred walk-ons" or walk-ons.

4/11/2017 4:50 pm  #4

Dukes2012 wrote:

ElDuque wrote:

This is conceivable since we have the luxury of having a scholarship-level non-scholarship player in Taylor on the roster. He provides the extra depth to be able to only carry 10 scholarship guys on the active roster.

I'd go ten deep next year to get him. Not like were expecting much next year anyway. This is a long term plan and you keep adding kids from programs like Memphis and Missouri, especially when they were highly rated players, year 2 could be the start of the good times already

4/11/2017 6:00 pm  #5

What's impressive is most of the transfer we're reaching out to aren't getting offers from duquesne and then small schools. dambrot's going after players heading for either the class of the A-10 like Dayton and VCU and URI or big power 5 state schools like USF and Minnesota.

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

4/11/2017 7:02 pm  #6

Wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at Toledo with his high school and Missouri teammate Willie Jackson.

Board footera