Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/19/2017 9:12 pm  #1

Member Rankings? ;-)

Have they changed the rankings and levels on this board? I swear I used to be a Marquis and now I am a citizen again. 

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

4/19/2017 10:06 pm  #2

Re: Member Rankings? ;-)

Same

4/19/2017 10:55 pm  #3

WHAT?? I'M A PEON?? THIS IS AN OUTRAGE 

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

4/19/2017 11:01 pm  #4

I adjusted the rankings. It was getting too easy to reach the top level. The top posters here now have a couple thousand posts. Of course there are some crazy people on the Pitt board with 50,000 posts

4/20/2017 7:15 am  #5

duq81 wrote:

I adjusted the rankings. It was getting too easy to reach the top level. The top posters here now have a couple thousand posts. Of course there are some crazy people on the Pitt board with 50,000 posts

To me this is a good thing, because it shows we have more interest and activity on the board.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

4/20/2017 7:40 am  #6

Yuk.  Now I aspire to be a peon.  Why couldn't I have been a pawn?

4/20/2017 8:06 am  #7

Peon, I assume I got a long way to go to get rid of that.  

Hey!  I'm a peasant now!!!  Woo hoo!!!

Last edited by townsonkid (4/24/2017 3:40 pm)

4/20/2017 8:19 am  #8

Rankings or not, I learn a lot from this venue.

A diehard fan since 1961

4/20/2017 8:40 am  #9

Likewise, Phildog. Only problem is that I spend entirely too much time on here. My one true addiction!

4/20/2017 10:05 am  #10

Well how about a suggestion: Add another level around "Citizen" 

usually it doubles.  100 or so to get to Peon and then 250 to get to Citizen and then it's 750 to get to Marquis.  I think we should have something at 500 to 1000, like Baron, Comte or Vicomte!  Or of course Duc

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

4/21/2017 8:10 am  #11

Love the new added rankings. Hope the new found interest in our program leads to a lot more grants of nobility  

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

4/21/2017 9:53 am  #12

Be careful what you wish for. We're considering "Village Idiot" for anyone who becomes too annoying.

Yeah, yeah. Like me. I know.

4/21/2017 10:10 am  #13

ElDuque wrote:

Be careful what you wish for. We're considering "Village Idiot" for anyone who becomes too annoying.

Yeah, yeah. Like me. I know.

Dude I was reaching for the keys as I finished your post 

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

4/21/2017 10:16 am  #14

I guess participation can only be quantified by posting, but consider this: I believe I have read every word on every Duquesne athletics message board since 1996. That includes short-lived boards, football, minor sports, and A10 boards. I have seldom posted because I don't usually have anything new or different to say that hasn't already been better said by someone else. In fact, I have shown remarkable restraint in NOT posting during these 20 years. Not complaining, but maybe we need a "Silent Major" ranking.

4/21/2017 11:07 am  #15

Rather see you post more Mike. Tough job to identify the silent majority vs. dropouts, don't-care-no-mos, etc.

4/21/2017 11:50 am  #16

MikeR wrote:

I guess participation can only be quantified by posting, but consider this: I believe I have read every word on every Duquesne athletics message board since 1996. That includes short-lived boards, football, minor sports, and A10 boards. I have seldom posted because I don't usually have anything new or different to say that hasn't already been better said by someone else. In fact, I have shown remarkable restraint in NOT posting during these 20 years. Not complaining, but maybe we need a "Silent Major" ranking.

I agree with El Duque Mike. I started reading all the basketball boards religiously since I was a freshman in 2010, but felt very similar to you in that I felt that I didn't have much to add that wasn't being said. I only started posting two seasons ago and I can tell you first hand, the board becomes ten times more fun to follow when you are interacting with other fans versus just reading as a bystander, which is already pretty great. No one is 100% right and no one is 100% wrong. We're a bunch of fans and amateur opinion providers. The more input, the healthier the discussion. Jump in brother!

4/24/2017 2:28 pm  #17

Could 'ne'er-do-well' be one of the rankings.  That's the one I'd like to have.

4/24/2017 7:31 pm  #18

Carpathian blaggard is up for bid.

4/24/2017 8:15 pm  #19

that sounds like a fancy word for jagoff. tell me i'm wrong or some uncultured swine or something.

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

4/25/2017 4:53 am  #20

yak-rbc wrote:

that sounds like a fancy word for jagoff. tell me i'm wrong or some uncultured swine or something.

That's why it's a contract position. That one and Teutonic Train Spotter.

4/27/2017 9:22 am  #21

Tejas_Duke wrote:

Have they changed the rankings and levels on this board? I swear I used to be a Marquis and now I am a citizen again. 

Baron. Sounds like a fighter pilot in WW!. 

4/27/2017 9:30 am  #22

NapaDuke wrote:

Tejas_Duke wrote:

BB for short.

4/27/2017 12:12 pm  #23

Thank you.

4/27/2017 4:13 pm  #24

NapaDuke wrote:

Tejas_Duke wrote:

Hey Napa, you've been quiet. What is your opinion of the changes that have been made?

4/28/2017 12:40 am  #25

duq81 wrote:

NapaDuke wrote:

Tejas_Duke wrote:

Hey Napa, you've been quiet. What is your opinion of the changes that have been made?

Dambrot  was the best possible hire.  I'm just taking in the recruiting news and hoping his first year here is impressive.  I think he's the kind of coach that can spot talent and develop players.That's a must at mid-major to be successful. His 12 year record at Akron shows a lot of consistency, I think,  in both, game time coaching of his player,  and most likely, out-coaching his opponents.  I really hope it carry's over to the A-10.   

Board footera