Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/21/2017 11:15 am  #2

Re: Mo Allie Cox Going Pro

I see what you did there ...

Back in the day, Sam Clancy was a four year starter at Pitt in the old Eastern Eight. Sam played pro football with the Seahawks (DE).

4/21/2017 11:36 am  #3

Sam Clancy ran for over a hundred yards several times as a hoopster against the Dukes.

4/21/2017 12:39 pm  #4

MikeR wrote:

Sam Clancy ran for over a hundred yards several times as a hoopster against the Dukes.

John Cinicola's total failure to even get a toe in the door with a kid who went to school 3 blocks away from our campus was a major reason he got shown the door.

4/21/2017 4:14 pm  #5

I felt that Dr Bill Clark was better than Sam Clancy having played against them several times in high school and on the playgrounds. Bill just could not stay away from his temptations, plus Sam got a free set of teeth from the Pitt dental school and was more of a crowd pleaser with his long arms and jumping ability. Sam was only 6'4" and what he accomplished was amazing. Will Herdon that played at Allderdice and UMASS was another undersized athletic amazing forward from this area.

4/21/2017 4:18 pm  #6

Wildwood13 wrote:

I felt that Dr Bill Clark was better than Sam Clancy having played against them several times in high school and on the playgrounds. Bill just could not stay away from his temptations, plus Sam got a free set of teeth from the Pitt dental school and was more of a crowd pleaser with his long arms and jumping ability. Sam was only 6'4" and what he accomplished was amazing. Will Herdon that played at Allderdice and UMASS was another undersized athletic amazing forward from this area.

That's funny you mentioned the teeth! I noticed Derrick Colter got a nice set during his time here!

4/21/2017 5:52 pm  #7

Wildwood13 wrote:

The battles between Clancy and Bruce Atkins were not for the meek of heart. It was great when Grgrich sent Eddie Scheuremann in for laughs. 6-foot-24 beanpole who used to miss dunks and get called for hanging on the rim. EDDDD-EEEEE!

4/21/2017 7:29 pm  #8

ElDuque wrote:

Wildwood13 wrote:

The battles between Clancy and Bruce Atkins were not for the meek of heart. It was great when Grgrich sent Eddie Scheuremann in for laughs. 6-foot-24 beanpole who used to miss dunks and get called for hanging on the rim. EDDDD-EEEEE!

Imagine having the two of them on the same team!

4/21/2017 7:42 pm  #9

With Arnold.

4/21/2017 7:51 pm  #10

Scary good

Board footera