Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/21/2017 6:50 pm  #1

Tydus is a Duke!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=Z1y7TmoLQhA

Last edited by CLK (4/21/2017 7:04 pm)

4/21/2017 7:00 pm  #2

Re: Tydus is a Duke!

Great get for the Dukes.

PrepScouting (NCAA)‏ @highmajorscoop  6-9/F/Tydus Verhoeven from Manteca, CA (HS) committed to Duquesne, per a source.

Last edited by CLK (4/21/2017 7:00 pm)

4/21/2017 7:06 pm  #3

Wow and long way from home - kid has Bill Walton qualities.  Don't know how Dambrot does it.

4/21/2017 7:26 pm  #4

Badly needed size.

4/21/2017 7:35 pm  #5

YIKES!!!

What a great get! Welcome to Duquesne Tydus.

4/21/2017 7:42 pm  #6

Wow. This is a huge signing.

4/21/2017 7:42 pm  #7

WOW! Thought for sure he'd stay out west. One more slot to fill as far as we know.

4/21/2017 7:45 pm  #8

Awesome!!! Was hoping we grabbed him. If we got haruna I'd be over the moon

4/21/2017 7:47 pm  #9

Duques102 wrote:

Haven't heard anything about him in awhile. Is he even visiting? I believe we only have one remaining scholarship so he better hurry.

4/21/2017 7:48 pm  #10

Yeah Baby, been on vaca boys, but followed from afar!  So excited for our Dukes. Welcome Tydus!  Great get!!!!!!!!!

4/21/2017 7:56 pm  #11

Per verbal commits, not one school east of the St. Louis, offered Verhoeven.
An excellent recruit by KD.

4/21/2017 8:00 pm  #12

Econ69 wrote:

Per verbal commits, not one school east of the St. Louis, offered Verhoeven.
An excellent recruit by KD.

Absolutely. Depending on which recruiting site you look at, it looks like he had offers from Fresno state, Nevada, Loyola Marymount, and weber state. Talented, lengthy player who can do a lot of things.

Last edited by Dukes2012 (4/21/2017 8:01 pm)

4/21/2017 8:04 pm  #13

Duques102 wrote:

Just a guess on my part but I think our last scholarship goes to Patton if he commits to us next Tuesday. I would be happy with that and call this hurried recruiting effort a success. 

Last edited by CLK (4/21/2017 8:06 pm)

4/21/2017 8:31 pm  #14

4/21/2017 10:58 pm  #15

Duques102 wrote:

Not sure if we would go for Haruna or Patton/Jackson Jr.  I think we are looking for Pg depth honestly.  I think CLK is on to something.  I suspect it will be Patton, but I could be wrong.  

I've watched videos on youtube comparing Patton and Jackson and I truly believe Jackson is the better player, but it depends on what you like.  jackson's handle looks light years better than Patton's, but Patton looks like he finishes better and is stronger.  I prefer Jackson personally, but I don't think we will get him with the Detroit connections he has.

Last edited by Simms (4/21/2017 11:03 pm)

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

4/22/2017 5:30 am  #16

We have Smith and Lewis can play the one. A freshman wouldn't have to play but 5-10 minutes a night. And next year two PGs are coming in. So Coach Dambrot has a little flexibility, and may be targeting someone who can play either backcourt position.

Plus he'll coach whoever he signs.

All good. 

4/22/2017 8:20 am  #17

The last player the Dukes had out of California worked out pretty well.

4/22/2017 10:33 am  #18

excellent get.

I go away for 10 days and coach D. and the staff do a phenomenal job of putting together a roster that exceeds all my expectations !!

I love the addition of big , skilled, multi dimensional  forward / center type players  as opposed to the mostly one dimensional types ( there were rare exceptions like I. Mike ) we have seen in the past.

I love the flexibility , the interchangeable parts , and just the roster composition in general.  You can tell a lot of thought went into this .

Coach D. really seems to get it. Major props to him and his staff along with the AD and administration who had the foresight to embrace this much needed change in the direction of the men's hoops program !!

4/22/2017 10:44 am  #19

Jodi Verhoeven‏ @dropithealthy 
Excited for @TydusJ next step in life. Time to invest in Red & Navy Blue. @DuqMBB @GoDuquesne #GoDukes

4/22/2017 4:47 pm  #20

ElDuque wrote:

We have Smith and Lewis can play the one. A freshman wouldn't have to play but 5-10 minutes a night. And next year two PGs are coming in. So Coach Dambrot has a little flexibility, and may be targeting someone who can play either backcourt position.

Plus he'll coach whoever he signs.

All good.

I vote for best player available regardless of need or 2017 - 18 eligibility. 

4/28/2017 7:27 am  #21

Just saw this (I might have missed it)
Mom was a hoopster, and there's a good basketball bloodline in the family.

http://www.recordnet.com/sports/20170427/keeping-family-tradition-alive-verhoeven-to-sign-with-duquesne-today

Basketball pervades his DNA, starting with his mother Jodi Verhoeven, who starred at Fresno State and was drafted by the WNBA’s Los Angeles Sparks.

4/28/2017 8:17 am  #22

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

Just saw this (I might have missed it)
Mom was a hoopster, and there's a good basketball bloodline in the family.

http://www.recordnet.com/sports/20170427/keeping-family-tradition-alive-verhoeven-to-sign-with-duquesne-today

Basketball pervades his DNA, starting with his mother Jodi Verhoeven, who starred at Fresno State and was drafted by the WNBA’s Los Angeles Sparks.

Hope he doesn't change his mind when he finds out Xavier isn't in the A10.

4/28/2017 9:29 am  #23

I noticed that too, that article was written by an un named staffer who doesn't know how to get to the A-10 site to determine the schools that make up the conference.....

A diehard fan since 1961

4/28/2017 12:51 pm  #24

Really a shame when folks can't do a good job at what they supposedly do for a living!

4/28/2017 2:44 pm  #25

Except for Z-Dub (and Mike Vucvocvan lately), compared to the coverage we've been getting?

At least it's not Zeise urinating on a lifeless body.

Board footera