Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/22/2017 8:36 pm  #1

Marcus Weathers

Commits to Duquesne.

https://mobile.twitter.com/scoopIPS/status/855957049917788160

In related news, I. Mike has committed to SMU. Best of luck to him.

That should wrap up our recruiting for the time being. I have a feeling we were going to get Patton, but he and the other guys who visited just waited too long to make a decision.

Last edited by Dukes2012 (4/22/2017 8:47 pm)

4/22/2017 9:03 pm  #2

Re: Marcus Weathers

Pgh Sports Now in this article says that the Dukes have one more scholarship left.  How can that be?

http://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2017/04/22/exclusive-weathers-transfer-duquesne/

4/22/2017 9:12 pm  #3

CLK wrote:

Pgh Sports Now in this article says that the Dukes have one more scholarship left.  How can that be?

Not sure. Unless someone is walking on or someone else left, the numbers add up to 13 scholarships.

4/22/2017 9:13 pm  #4

4 transfers sitting out. We are really gonna be thin on the bench next year. Any injuries will kill us. Jason Duty, where are you????

4/22/2017 9:15 pm  #5

duq81 wrote:

4 transfers sitting out. We are really gonna be thin on the bench next year. Any injuries will kill us. Jason Duty, where are you????

Agree, but weathers is someone you have to take if the opportunity presents itself. 10 and 6 as a freshman is really solid. We are lucky we have a scholarship level non-scholarship player in Taylor.

Last edited by Dukes2012 (4/22/2017 9:16 pm)

4/22/2017 9:16 pm  #6

Pure speculation on my part, but maybe one of these: 1) Jordan Robinson does graduate and transfers; 2) the little point from Akron is going to be a preferred walk on rather than a scholarship player: 3) either James or Littleson is leaving. JRob might be it but he would be a starter and that would make little sense to me.

Wonderous what Coach has done!

4/22/2017 10:29 pm  #7

Hook, isn't the transfer 5'8" from Akron a 3 Star?  If so I doubt he would be a walk-on.  I for one would hate to JRob, EJ or SL leave.  JRob, as others have said, gets less playing time anywhere else if he is in fact graduated - which I guess he could as he had to sit out an year.  EJ, I just don't see if unless it is a lower level as he would most likely play a ton if he buys into KD's system.  SLittle, I still see potential (size, shooting and smarts) that can be cultivated under KD, why leave?  I think SL is the kind of player that would flourish under KD.  Anyway, I am thoroughly impressed with what KD is doing with this short recruiting window.  He is building beyond year 1 right now!!!

4/22/2017 10:38 pm  #8

I stand corrected on the Recruiting section of Board is states that Akron transfer PG was a 2 Star.  Sorry for the gaps in the wording/grammar. in my last post, typing too fast - maybe I am just excited again about DU Hoops!

4/22/2017 10:40 pm  #9

Geez, did it again............ "is states" should be "it states", plus a ".", yikes,   I know I am being anal.

4/23/2017 12:21 am  #10

Pete, I speculated on the Akron PG transfer for this reason. We had barely heard that Coach was coming and he tweeted he was transferring in. Is he just following his coach or did he have a schollie offer? I don't know. Would love one more big!

4/23/2017 5:38 am  #11

No need to schedule 2017 OOC games as Scrimmages, alone, could fill AJP.  

4/23/2017 6:01 am  #12

PistolPete wrote:

Hook, isn't the transfer 5'8" from Akron a 3 Star?  If so I doubt he would be a walk-on.  I for one would hate to JRob, EJ or SL leave.  JRob, as others have said, gets less playing time anywhere else if he is in fact graduated - which I guess he could as he had to sit out an year.  EJ, I just don't see if unless it is a lower level as he would most likely play a ton if he buys into KD's system.  SLittle, I still see potential (size, shooting and smarts) that can be cultivated under KD, why leave?  I think SL is the kind of player that would flourish under KD.  Anyway, I am thoroughly impressed with what KD is doing with this short recruiting window.  He is building beyond year 1 right now!!!

Tavanian is extremely loyal to Dambrot and Akron was his only D1 offer.  I was a bit surprised KD would give him a 'ship at DU.  He announced he was transferring minutes after the KD to DU was announced.  I assumed it would be as a preferred walk-on.  Don't have any knowledge for sure....just my opinion.

Last edited by Dsnyder15 (4/23/2017 11:39 am)

4/23/2017 7:12 am  #13

Here it is: they never reported on Kratholm.

4/23/2017 7:20 am  #14

ElDuque wrote:

That could be it. There wasn't a ton of info about him or his commitment.

4/23/2017 7:52 am  #15

Dukes2012 wrote:

ElDuque wrote:

That could be it. There wasn't a ton of info about him or his commitment.

Pittsburgh Sports Now (which has done a great job covering Dukes Basketball over the last few months) did report the signing of Kratholm in the body of the Tydus Verhoeven article. I wonder if they have additional information...

4/24/2017 9:06 am  #16

Dukes2012 wrote:

CLK wrote:

Not sure. Unless someone is walking on or someone else left, the numbers add up to 13 scholarships.

This still has me curious if the article is accurate,  The article stated that Coach Dambrot is looking to get another big man.  At this point we have 13 scholarships accounted for, and four "bigs" on the roster. Not sure he would go for another big at this point in the recruiting process unless for some reason one was not solid. Guess we will have to wait and see, but I am hoping that the Pgh Sports article is wrong.

4/24/2017 10:38 am  #17

Did anyone think that he is splitting a scholarship among two players. That can happen if other scholarship streams (academic?) are available.

4/24/2017 10:54 am  #18

You get 13 scholarship players. That's the limit. So I don't believe you can take the 13 scholarships (or any number of them) and divide them among 14 players.

Unless the rules changed.

4/24/2017 11:52 am  #19

rittersdiner wrote:

Did anyone think that he is splitting a scholarship among two players. That can happen if other scholarship streams (academic?) are available.

Split scholarships are not allowed at the FBS, or D1 basketball level.

Board footera