Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/24/2017 8:08 am  #1

Spencer Littleson

After really thinking about it I really think we may have over looked him. Could he make a big impact this year?

He had big hype coming from Michigan. If you go on youtube you can see him throwing up lobs to Josh Jackson.  

He plays smart basketball, do you think he can make the jump this year?

Roll Dukes Roll

4/24/2017 8:28 am  #2

Re: Spencer Littleson

Yes, I do; he is a smart player with good size for the 2 guard and he was a good shooter in HS.  Quickness may be an issue, but anticipation, timing etc. (i.e. TJ) can help a lot, especially on D.  KD will get the most out of him and he now has his freshman year of adjustment under his belt.

4/24/2017 8:35 am  #3

As thin as we are in the backcourt, he'll get his shot. He'll need to solidify his spot in the rotation though. Lots of talent coming the following year. Same goes for Smith.

4/24/2017 9:16 am  #4

I am expecting a big jump from spencer this year. He will be a year more experienced and will have great coaching. I agree with 81, this is a due or die year for spencer. He will need to establish himself this year with all of the talent coming in next year.

4/24/2017 10:03 am  #5

One thing that seems different for Coach D is that he looks for versatile players who can defend. Our previous coach slotted kids into a position and they never played anything but that position. Spencer was miscast as a "forward" in the 3 guard set and he did play good Defense. With this coach, he will be able to show his guard skills and be a "swing" when needed. If he takes advantage of the good teaching he will get, Spencer could take a big leap and become a real contributor. The real point here is that players won't be slotted into a role that isn't their strength!

4/24/2017 10:21 am  #6

Spencer saw limited action this past season, and we saw he was sometimes indecisive. But I don't think he is lacking quickness, as some of his defensive play showed quick reactions.  He goes hard and dives after loose balls too.  He could have a nice sophomore season, and as noted, he will need to in order to keep getting playing time the following season.

4/24/2017 12:49 pm  #7

fjhryn wrote:

The way JF used Spencer this past season could do nothing but kill this kids confidence. To me, he showed none of the promise that he had coming out of high school. Hopefully, Coach Dambrot will be able to build that confidence back up & maybe we'll see the Spencer Littleson that so much of us hoped for (that is, if he stays a Duke).

There has been a lot of speculation about somebody potentially leaving because of the PSN article. I don't think anyone is leaving. I've heard Robinson and littleson. If you go on the athletic website and look at the photo gallery of the Nike announcement, there is a picture of the crowd in attendance and very prominently pictured in the center of the photo are Eric James, Spencer littleson, and Jordan Robinson sitting next to each other in the middle of the crowd and smiling and clapping.

Last edited by Duques102 (4/24/2017 12:49 pm)

Board footera