Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/24/2017 5:00 pm  #1

Duquesne head coach Keith Dambrot took time today to talk LeBron James

https://www.si.com/nba/video/2017/04/24/lebron-james-easiest-coach-keith-dambrot

Mentions Duquesne has an equipment deal with LeBron. Only one of two colleges that does.

Complete interview...starts about 1/3 of the way in on the clip.

https://www.si.com/sports-illustrated/video/2017/04/24/si-now-monday-april-24-2017

Last edited by CLK (4/24/2017 5:23 pm)

4/24/2017 9:20 pm  #2

Re: Duquesne head coach Keith Dambrot took time today to talk LeBron James

Just a slow day news-wise for us fans since Coach only did this interview and only offered a 2019 guard!!!
Seriously, I hope Athletics keeps pumping social media, videos, news blast e-mails, etc. to us to continue to build on the excitement that Coach D has engendered.  It is such a bummer that the season is still 6 months away. Go Dukes!

4/25/2017 1:39 am  #3

I am so excited and what a coup for Duquesne to have KD as our coach and his strong relationship with
Lebron James,its such a game changer for Duquesne. I live in Columbus and to have Duquesne and Ohio
State mentioned in the same sentence,very cool.Lebron has strong ties to Ohio State and I think thats where his son will play .
    Hopefully this is what I will be seeing this summer,another Nba championship and Lebron comes down
to the Bluff and works out with the Dukes and it is covered in a big way locally.The attitude of what is relevant in Pittsburgh changes for Duquesne.
 I am really loving this and cant wait to see KDs second recruiting class ,and who he brings on board.Duquesne has a lot of momentum and  I think the donors are going to make this Palumbo renovation
happen,so many good things within Duquesnes reach.
 The Duquesne community needs to fill Palumbo,we have to be there in the seats, if you are on this message board you gotta be here at these games. The fan support is very critcal to all this good stuff
to continue.

4/25/2017 4:55 am  #4

I plan to get to a game this year at Palumbo. Would love a weekend when both men & women are home.

4/25/2017 7:25 am  #5

LeBron played some games with friends and Zip players at the JAR on the UofA campus because it was a few minutes from his home in Akron.  I am not sure that will continue without KD at Akron and I doubt that he will make the trip to DU just for those pick-up games with friends. He will probably help in other ways though....DU will likely benefit from the relationship.

Last edited by Dsnyder15 (4/25/2017 7:26 am)

4/25/2017 10:47 am  #6

James never went to college and still has 4 years of eligibility.  Maybe he's being recruited for Duquesne.

4/25/2017 10:55 am  #7

Bilgy wrote:

James never went to college and still has 4 years of eligibility.  Maybe he's being recruited for Duquesne.

In all seriousness, I would imagine that lebron jr. will at least take a visit to Duquesne when his time comes. However, he already has offers from Duke and kentucky.

4/25/2017 11:45 am  #8

Dukes2012 wrote:

Bilgy wrote:

In all seriousness, I would imagine that lebron jr. will at least take a visit to Duquesne when his time comes. However, he already has offers from Duke and kentucky.

If Jr is even half the player his dad was in high school, he is a one and done too, and can go anywhere for one year, why not Duquesne?  Duke and Kentucky are the one and done "schools" to go to now a days.
But at the same time, if there ever was a kid who should take his time and enjoy life, its Jr.  There is no financial pressure on him unlike most of the one and dones.

Last edited by townsonkid (4/25/2017 11:46 am)

4/25/2017 11:54 am  #9

townsonkid wrote:

Dukes2012 wrote:

Bilgy wrote:

If Jr is even half the player his dad was in high school, he is a one and done too, and can go anywhere for one year, why not Duquesne?  Duke and Kentucky are the one and done "schools" to go to now a days.
But at the same time, if there ever was a kid who should take his time and enjoy life, its Jr.  There is no financial pressure on him unlike most of the one and dones.

How old is the son?

4/25/2017 12:01 pm  #10

Duques102 wrote:

townsonkid wrote:

Dukes2012 wrote:

How old is the son?

I believe he is in 8th grade but I could be wrong. His highlights are quite impressive for a kid that age.

4/25/2017 12:19 pm  #11

Dukes2012 wrote:

Duques102 wrote:

townsonkid wrote:

How old is the son?

I believe he is in 8th grade but I could be wrong. His highlights are quite impressive for a kid that age.

So he'll theoretically be a college freshman going into Dambrots 5th contract year. Hey, if we get to where we hope to be as a program by then, ya never know.

If we become a program that is consistently ranked and getting in the tournament we might at least have a punchers chance. That's is a long way off from where we are as a program and also from a time perspective. Still putting my money on him ending up at one of the blue bloods for a semester, if the one and done rule is even still in place (I bet we'll be back to guys going pro out of high school at that point)

4/25/2017 12:20 pm  #12

Lebron Jr is 12 (October 2004).

4/25/2017 1:03 pm  #13

We didn't get Jelly Bryant's kid, we didn't get Lindsey Timmons' kid (ah, he was a football player anyway), we didn't get Torrell Harris' kid. Don't see us getting Lebron's kid. But I'd certainly take him in a heartbeat. 

4/25/2017 1:07 pm  #14

=20pxZion Williamson.....you want to be the next Lebron? Learn from his coach. Be the lone star like he was at SVSM. 

Roll Dukes Roll

4/25/2017 8:01 pm  #15

ElDuque wrote:

We didn't get Jelly Bryant's kid, we didn't get Lindsey Timmons' kid (ah, he was a football player anyway), we didn't get Torrell Harris' kid. Don't see us getting Lebron's kid. But I'd certainly take him in a heartbeat. 

We got Scott Grote.

4/25/2017 8:21 pm  #16

Sid's kid too.

4/26/2017 8:46 am  #17

currentstudent wrote:

=20pxZion Williamson.....you want to be the next Lebron? Learn from his coach. Be the lone star like he was at SVSM. 

I know who Zion Williamson is, the next high school player who is projected to be an NBA star, maybe the best young prospect since Durant or Thon Maker, but what is this that you posted? Was that a tweet from him or a tweet from you to him. That would be insane if we got him, he is legitimately compared to Lebron James very often.

4/27/2017 12:49 pm  #18

All of the "new" assistant coaches are now listed on the men's site along with their bios.  Next, we need the update for all of the roster changes - additions - deletions.

4/27/2017 6:07 pm  #19

(in reference to roster changes on the website) probably won't be done until everything is official.

we've known for a while that most (all?) of dambrot's coaches were coming here. but they had to wait to get out of contracts/sign contracts, etc.

Last edited by yak-rbc (4/27/2017 6:08 pm)

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

4/27/2017 7:51 pm  #20

currentstudent wrote:

​What do you mean only star at SVSM?  You forgetting about Ali Salambaly already?

4/30/2017 8:28 pm  #21

Board footera