Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/25/2017 11:18 am  #1

DU announces first 4 recruits

http://www.goduquesne.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/042517aaj.html

Good summary of Kricevic, Kratholm, Williams & Verhoeven.  I don't think they can officially announce the transfers until they offically enroll.  I like the way coach is building.  He is a guy who has a blueprint and knows how he wants the pieces to fit.  Go Dukes!

Last edited by CLK (4/25/2017 11:20 am)

4/25/2017 11:26 am  #2

Re: DU announces first 4 recruits

"Marko is a guy we were made aware of through [Duquesne women's basketball coach] Dan Burt, who has had success in the recruitment of Hungarian players," said Dambrot.

Answers that question!

4/25/2017 11:53 am  #3

Also, good to see that the pipeline from IMG to Duquesne is still intact; nice having former Dukes assistant coaches John Mahoney (Nee) and Brian Nash (Ferry) helping out.

4/25/2017 12:17 pm  #4

ElDuque wrote:

"Marko is a guy we were made aware of through [Duquesne women's basketball coach] Dan Burt, who has had success in the recruitment of Hungarian players," said Dambrot.

Answers that question!

That's really cool. The more pipelines, the better for all of us.

4/25/2017 12:36 pm  #5

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

Also, good to see that the pipeline from IMG to Duquesne is still intact; nice having former Dukes assistant coaches John Mahoney (Nee) and Brian Nash (Ferry) helping out.

Yeah but who have we got from them thats all that great? Not a big fan of that high school. I think our best players in the past are the ones how have enough talent to make themselves standout without a prep school.

Roll Dukes Roll

4/25/2017 1:11 pm  #6

I think it is somewhat telling, in a good way, that KD became aware of Marko through Dan Burt who has those connections in Hungary, and probably other parts of Europe through his wife.  The woman have recruited there for several years I believe.  Anyway, to me this is akin to another endorsement of KD, this time by DB.  Would Dan have gone out of this way to do this before, hmmmmmm

4/25/2017 2:53 pm  #7

PistolPete wrote:

I think it is somewhat telling, in a good way, that KD became aware of Marko through Dan Burt who has those connections in Hungary, and probably other parts of Europe through his wife.  The woman have recruited there for several years I believe.  Anyway, to me this is akin to another endorsement of KD, this time by DB.  Would Dan have gone out of this way to do this before, hmmmmmm

I don't think there's any question that Dan Burt would offer help. Guy is just a super class act.

4/25/2017 3:50 pm  #8

currentstudent wrote:

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

Yeah but who have we got from them thats all that great? Not a big fan of that high school. I think our best players in the past are the ones how have enough talent to make themselves standout without a prep school.

When you look at all of the D-1 players coming out of IMG, you want to have this connection. The new coaching staff recruits to their system, and develops these kids once they get here.  Whole different scenario now; you can't compare.

4/25/2017 6:56 pm  #9

currentstudent wrote:

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

Aaron Jackson 
Bill Clark
Damian Saunders

Arguably 3 of the 5 best players in the last ten years all came from prep school

Jeremiah developed into an average A-10 starter before his injury. I think Ty'Sean Powell would've as well. 

I like prep players, because they're a year older, and year physically more mature than normal high school players and still get four years, Jeremiah being the weird exception because he graduated high school early. 

Last edited by steve19981 (4/25/2017 7:01 pm)

4/25/2017 8:05 pm  #10

PistolPete wrote:

Dan did go out of his way before but hmmmmmmmm didn't accept the help.

4/26/2017 1:03 pm  #11

Things are shaping up with the signee's and transfers, plus returning players... Now I don't know what to expect but am hopeful that with a strong direction from coaching staff and admin, plus a OCC that can get the team started in the right direction, things will be in an upswing.

I plan to be patient since everything, ( almost ) will be new, just hope those who can attend will show up and that this board will continue to be a place to come to gain insight into the Duquesne program.

Special thanks to CLK and the long time posters, the info has been so timely and let's continue to welcome back those who were away and especially the newcomers for their fresh perspective .

Looking forward to mid October....Lets Go Duquesne!

A diehard fan since 1961

Board footera