Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/05/2017 12:20 pm  #1

Melik Martin is offered

Sho'nuff M  👨🏾‍💻‏ @Kilem_Martin  1Blessed to have received an offer from Duquesne University

I have seen him listed at between 6-5 to 6-7.  McNees is 6-2 so he is looking closer to 6-7 to me.

Last edited by CLK (5/05/2017 12:32 pm)

5/05/2017 12:25 pm  #2

Re: Melik Martin is offered

Not sure I understand this but here are some videos of the kid

He is #20 in black

Last edited by CLK (5/05/2017 3:56 pm)

5/05/2017 12:37 pm  #3

This is a headscratcher for me.

5/05/2017 12:46 pm  #4

At the end of the day, I trust KD and staff to make the best decisions for the program. Kid looks athletic to me. Let's see what the plans are and how Martin may best fit  the system. He would certainly have time to develop into more than he is currently.

5/05/2017 12:56 pm  #5

president wrote:

At the end of the day, I trust KD and staff to make the best decisions for the program. Kid looks athletic to me. Let's see what the plans are and how Martin may best fit  the system. He would certainly have time to develop into more than he is currently.

Yes, however, if Martin is a scholarship player and commits, that make 7 players in the class of 2021.  I understand that all 7 may not make it for 4 years, but with that many in one class it could be another rebuild in 4 years. Hey, the guy is a proven winner so as you say let's see how it plays out.

5/05/2017 1:37 pm  #6

Second Video is 2018 team so I guess it is from the last three weeks during the open evaluation period. Kid might be a late bloomer and we know "Coaching Up" is fundamental with Coach D. Did you notice the kid is left-handed? That makes five lefties, I think, if this kid comes.

Last edited by HookShot (5/05/2017 1:50 pm)

5/05/2017 3:29 pm  #7

So is this kid for this coming year or the following year??? 

5/05/2017 3:59 pm  #8

PistolPete wrote:

This year, a 2017 recruit unless he opts to go postgraduate prep.

5/05/2017 4:41 pm  #9

CLK wrote:

PistolPete wrote:

This year, a 2017 recruit unless he opts to go postgraduate prep.

I think this may be a conditional offer depending on what happens with Spencer. Spencer's friends, trainer, and a Michigan reporter all aggressively disputed Rothstein's report.

5/05/2017 7:22 pm  #10

If I'm honest with myself, I think if we lose littleson and get this kid it will not be an upgrade.

5/05/2017 10:40 pm  #11

I think we're overlooking a key point in this thread by not mentioning how perfect Steve McNees hair is. 

Danny Nee didn't know much but he knew a good head of hair. Have to assume that was a significant factor in his recruitment. 

5/05/2017 11:02 pm  #12

I'm surprised he didn't accept on the spot.

Last edited by WashPaRick (5/05/2017 11:04 pm)

5/06/2017 5:43 am  #13

steve19981 wrote:

I think we're overlooking a key point in this thread by not mentioning how perfect Steve McNees hair is. 

Danny Nee didn't know much but he knew a good head of hair. Have to assume that was a significant factor in his recruitment. 

Hair is a sore subject for some of us, sir.

5/06/2017 9:16 am  #14

steve19981 wrote:

He has a more conservative look now

5/10/2017 9:54 am  #15

Here is an interesting article on Martin.  Says he is still mulling over his offer from DU.  He is visiting Brown this weekend.

http://www.gametimepa.com/story/high-school/york-adams/boys-basketball/2017/05/09/york-catholic-senior-earns-division-interest/101460392/

Board footera