Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/11/2017 4:13 pm  #1

Duquesne Open House

A whole host of potential recruits were unofficially at Duquesne today. Today was duqs Open House for upcoming high school seniors and juniors, and according to this tweet, two juniors and a sophomore took a tour on what was an absolutely beautiful day.

Duquesne had 2019 Maceo Austin, 2019 Brandon Stone, and 2020 Isaiah Warfield on campus for an unofficial visit today. @bridgecitybball

From @nextuprecruits

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

6/11/2017 5:37 pm  #2

Re: Duquesne Open House

yak-rbc wrote:

A whole host of potential recruits were unofficially at Duquesne today. Today was duqs Open House for upcoming high school seniors and juniors, and according to this tweet, two juniors and a sophomore took a tour on what was an absolutely beautiful day.

Duquesne had 2019 Maceo Austin, 2019 Brandon Stone, and 2020 Isaiah Warfield on campus for an unofficial visit today. @bridgecitybball

From @nextuprecruits

Those are all local guys. Austin appears to have the best offers so far out of the three. No much on warfield, other than that he played on sewickley's state championship team.

6/12/2017 11:20 am  #3

Brandon Stone has reclassified as a 2019 and is going to a prep school in N. Carolina to physically mature and to work on his game. He could be a high major if he progresses at 6'11". Would be a great get. Austin has good PG abilities and at that size would be a keeper. Like Dukes 2012, don't know much about Warfield other than he is a young PG. It is tremendous to see a coach and staff so far ahead in the recruiting game. By the way, the Dukes Fest was attended by quite a few perspective new students according to a student who repped her school.

6/13/2017 9:22 am  #4

6/13/2017 9:38 am  #5

Local talent.  I know there isnt a lot, but I always thought a good way for DU to become a bit more relevant again would have been to get a local kid every couple years, just to keep some local fan interest.  Some years there wasnt much/any mid major level talent.  But it sure is nice to see KD trying to get those players on board early, even if they all develop into power 5 players, at least he is trying and not ignoring local kids.

Last edited by townsonkid (6/13/2017 9:39 am)

Board footera