Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/22/2017 3:11 pm  #1

Carmody to Notre Dame

We were never in this sweepstakes.

6/23/2017 2:28 pm  #2

Re: Carmody to Notre Dame

ElDuque wrote:

He was too high level of a player to ever consider Duquesne. I'm not even sure Pitt really had a shot at him.

6/23/2017 2:36 pm  #3

duq81 wrote:

ElDuque wrote:

He was too high level of a player to ever consider Duquesne. I'm not even sure Pitt really had a shot at him.

I think he visited Duq out of respect. This is the kind of kid (national rank 75 to 150 range) that we will hopefully have a legit shot at In maybe two to three years, but it just wasn't going to happen at this point. He will fit nicely in brey's offense.

6/23/2017 10:51 pm  #4

Dukes2012 wrote:

duq81 wrote:

ElDuque wrote:

I think he visited Duq out of respect. This is the kind of kid (national rank 75 to 150 range) that we will hopefully have a legit shot at In maybe two to three years, but it just wasn't going to happen at this point. He will fit nicely in brey's offense.

We have to establish ourselves as one of the haves in the league for that level of player to start looking our way. Those guys expect to be playing in March, and I don't mean the CBI, or even the NIT.

6/24/2017 8:27 am  #5

That's a better plan than hope. With Dambrot I can see a top tier local kid coming here in the next 2-3 years.

6/25/2017 7:47 am  #6

duq81 wrote:

Dukes2012 wrote:

duq81 wrote:

We have to establish ourselves as one of the haves in the league for that level of player to start looking our way. Those guys expect to be playing in March, and I don't mean the CBI, or even the NIT.

​Sometimes recruiting above your station in life is like pursuing a beautiful woman.  If you can't attract them on the first go around you have to wait until the divorce is announced and catch them on the rebound.

Board footera