Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/05/2017 12:55 pm  #1

An Evolving Atlantic 10 and Duquesne’s Place In It

http://www.thepointofpittsburgh.com/an-evolving-atlantic-10-and-duquesnes-place-in-it/

Here's a very good, in-depth article written by Steve19981 on the state of the Atlantic 10.  And there is a second part coming focused more on the Dukes.  Thanks, Steve!

7/05/2017 4:49 pm  #2

Re: An Evolving Atlantic 10 and Duquesne’s Place In It

Thanks for posting Phoenix. I got a little more long winded than I had hoped. 

7/06/2017 4:08 pm  #3

7/06/2017 4:32 pm  #4

Good job Steve!. I haven't seen the full ooc schedule next year, but I'm thinking around 15 wins. I expect the schedule to be quite soft, and the one thing that I expect Dambrot to do, and I'll be very disappointed if he doesn't, is to stop the life and death struggles against low major teams. These should always be wins. If RMU was what they were when they had guys like Lucky Jones, I might give the Dukes a pass if they lost this year, but since the Colonials have declined, we need to beat them as well. Do that, and then beat the bottom half of the league at home, and 15 wins is within reach. This is barring injuries of course.

7/06/2017 8:04 pm  #5

Appreciate the effort and the content, Steve. I certainly agree that the future is looking bright for the Dukes. And l also agree that many A-10 teams are about to stagnate or take a bit of a downturn. Things may be working out for a change for the Dukes.

7/07/2017 12:43 am  #6

Great articles, Steve.  Speaking of this season's OOC schedule, I noticed that one of the Cincinnati fans over at the "Bearcat Banter" has the Dukes playing Cincy on Nov. 13th as part of an A-10/AAC Challenge. According to the source, the Bearcats will be playing at Duquesne.  Needless to say, that would be a huge challenge for Dambrot's Dukes — if true.  I was just curious if anybody else had heard about this.  

Last edited by IronDukes12 (7/07/2017 12:47 am)

7/07/2017 12:58 am  #7

Here's the link if anybody is interested:
http://www.csnbbs.com/thread-815902-page-6.html

Of course, the Cincy fans are all juiced up about their Florida and UCLA OOC games, not realizing what our Dukes may have in store for them to inaugurate the Dambrot Era and Duquesne's long-anticipated return to glory. 

GO DUKES!  

7/13/2017 6:44 pm  #8

Just caught this Steve. Very nice write-up. Vacationing in the OBX. No Duquesne coverage down here!

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

Board footera