Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/05/2017 4:07 pm  #1

New Commit

Gavin Bizeau. Another great pickup by the staff.

8/05/2017 5:03 pm  #2

Re: New Commit

8/05/2017 5:33 pm  #3

Nice get with some pretty big upside. A bit of a project by the sounds of it, but the Dukes should have the depth inside to able to bring him along slowly. 

It's interesting the roster composition Dambrot seems to be going for. Not a lot of schools in the A-10 run two bigger bigs lately. La Salle a few years ago being the exception.

Last edited by steve19981 (8/05/2017 5:37 pm)

8/05/2017 5:39 pm  #4

steve19981 wrote:

Nice get with some pretty big upside. A bit of a project by the sounds of it, but the Dukes should have the depth inside to able to bring him along slowly. 

I read another article where he said that he is now up to 200 pounds and eating about 4000 calories a day. If he can gain another 15-20 pounds in the next year, he might see some time as a freshman. He can really shoot the ball. Played on the EYBL circuit this summer with some big name recruits.

8/05/2017 5:48 pm  #5

Interesting story on Gavin.  According to the Indy Star, in addition to DU he had offers from Old Dominion, Akron, Boston U, Ball State, and Indiana State.  

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2017/04/27/4000-calories-day-aau-circuit-help-prepare-plainfield-big-man-next-level/100973222/

https://verbalcommits.com/players/gavin-bizeau

Not sure why but ESPN  has him as a 4 star prospect. Other rating groups have him a 2 star prospect.  He is on a 4,000 calorie diet (I envy him).

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/224491/gavin-bizeau

https://www.hudl.com/profile/6794599/gavin-bizeau

Last edited by CLK (8/05/2017 5:55 pm)

8/06/2017 10:23 am  #6

http://inbasketballsource.com/recruiting-news/4430-gavin-bizeau-commits

Here's another article on the commitment. We could see Gavin and Dylan could end up on the floor at the same time, as Gavin describes himself as a stretch four.

8/06/2017 1:14 pm  #7

Took him from Pitt and Dayton.

8/06/2017 1:40 pm  #8

8/07/2017 10:15 am  #9

The roster for 2018 is the the most solid, robust, and player for player highest talent level I have ever seen since following the Dukes.

If one of the euros and verhoeven pan out, we will have 5 solid to good interior guys between 6'9" and 6"11" (Hughes 6'9", verhoeven 6'9", I'll just say kratholm 6'9", Bizeau 6'11" and Swingle 6'11")

The wing position has two options for guys that are out and out wing players. We will see what we have in Williams this year and then we bring in Weathers who was one of the best players on his team at Miami of Ohio as a freshman, I expect him to be the starter at the 3 position. We will probably also see some of the taller guards get time at the 3 because there will be times we will want to have three guards on the floor because of the talent at that position. Look for Hughes and Randall to get some time at the 3.

The guard position is absolutely stacked with the transfers and Lewis, who most around the league would agree was the best freshman in the conference last year. Add a senior Tarin Smith, very highly touted Frankie Hughes, and former number one player in the state of Arizona in Randall, and this back court should be electric, and likely one of the most talented groups in the league.

I just don't see a single hole for 2018, I think we could see a big time winner in terms of record and postseason!

Last edited by Duques102 (8/07/2017 10:19 am)

8/07/2017 11:58 am  #10

Sounds like come of those players have grown just a bit but I am truly excited by everything that I see. As I said earlier, this may be the very first time ever that Duquesne has had all the moving parts in place at the same time to produce a great program. I am even including the 1950's when we were highly ranked every year. Really can't wait to see the season begin. Lot's of fun!

8/07/2017 12:47 pm  #11

Duques102 wrote:

The roster for 2018 is the the most solid, robust, and player for player highest talent level I have ever seen since following the Dukes.

If one of the euros and verhoeven pan out, we will have 5 solid to good interior guys between 6'9" and 6"11" (Hughes 6'9", verhoeven 6'9", I'll just say kratholm 6'9", Bizeau 6'11" and Swingle 6'11")

The wing position has two options for guys that are out and out wing players. We will see what we have in Williams this year and then we bring in Weathers who was one of the best players on his team at Miami of Ohio as a freshman, I expect him to be the starter at the 3 position. We will probably also see some of the taller guards get time at the 3 because there will be times we will want to have three guards on the floor because of the talent at that position. Look for Hughes and Randall to get some time at the 3.

The guard position is absolutely stacked with the transfers and Lewis, who most around the league would agree was the best freshman in the conference last year. Add a senior Tarin Smith, very highly touted Frankie Hughes, and former number one player in the state of Arizona in Randall, and this back court should be electric, and likely one of the most talented groups in the league.

I just don't see a single hole for 2018, I think we could see a big time winner in terms of record and postseason!

I don't know, we were pretty loaded Ron's second year, at least on paper.

8/07/2017 12:50 pm  #12

president wrote:

Sounds like come of those players have grown just a bit but I am truly excited by everything that I see. As I said earlier, this may be the very first time ever that Duquesne has had all the moving parts in place at the same time to produce a great program. I am even including the 1950's when we were highly ranked every year. Really can't wait to see the season begin. Lot's of fun!

The 1954 Dukes had 3 NBA players. Let's not get carried away.

8/07/2017 1:07 pm  #13

My point was that even back then there was not universal support at Duquesne of the program. This is factual as I understand it. We got those great players because of a pipeline to NY and being  way ahead of that curve in those days. It was not due to great administrative support of the program. Look at what the coaches were paid in those days compared to some other schools. Not at all saying that we are going to get NBA talent here like then. Not my point at all.

8/07/2017 2:14 pm  #14

duq81 wrote:

Duques102 wrote:

I don't know, we were pretty loaded Ron's second year, at least on paper.

Just talking about my personal experience. I was a freshman the same year McConnell was a freshman, so that was just slightly before my time!

8/07/2017 2:34 pm  #15

president wrote:

My point was that even back then there was not universal support at Duquesne of the program. This is factual as I understand it. We got those great players because of a pipeline to NY and being  way ahead of that curve in those days. It was not due to great administrative support of the program. Look at what the coaches were paid in those days compared to some other schools. Not at all saying that we are going to get NBA talent here like then. Not my point at all.

Just for the record, there was really no major pipeline to NYC. Sihugo Green was the only NYC star from that era, although Fletcher Johnson was a New Jersey kid. The Ricketts were from Pottstown, and Jim Tucker was from Kentucky.

8/07/2017 3:52 pm  #16

In the video I watched the kid resembles Abrahamson facially and in body type.

Board footera