Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/17/2013 7:48 am  #1

We are the last team in - according to ESPN's

Bracketology update of 3/17.  

The selection show is tomorrow night.

Fingers crossed that this streak will end.  

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/bracketology

Last edited by duqkurt (3/17/2013 7:50 am)

3/17/2013 7:59 am  #2

Re: We are the last team in - according to ESPN's

CBS sports prediction has us out.   Should be interesting tomorrow night.  Duquesne could be one of those teams with the camera on them for a reaction shot. 

3/17/2013 3:00 pm  #3

Well, survived the games Rogabee said we had to survive today.   I was watching Delaware almost blow a 17 point lead to Drexel.   Actually, they did blow the lead but Delaware came back in the last minute to win.

Go Quinnipiac.   And then watch the selection show tomorrow.   We will actually be watching a selection show with relevance to DU.  In or not, it was a good season.  I just hope we can make it. 

3/17/2013 3:05 pm  #4

Survived today is right.  I strongly doubt Quinnipiac gets an at-large.  It may not even matter - or may even help us - if SFPA does pull a massive upset tonight as it would give us another top 100 win as SFPA would get into the top 100 easily.  A loss probably only drops them from 114 to 116 or 117.  Quinnipiac should be around a 15-20 point favorite at home though.

3/17/2013 3:45 pm  #5

duqkurt wrote:

Bracketology update of 3/17.  

The selection show is tomorrow night.

Fingers crossed that this streak will end.  

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/bracketology

College Basketball News Women's RPI as of games played through March 16th, gives the Dukes a RPI of 36: http://rpiratings.com/womensrpi.php

The RPI among top A-10 teams:

# 12 Dayton
# 32 St. Joe's

# 36 Duquesne
# 53 Charlotte
# 69  Fordham 

Note that Charlie Creme of ESPN's Bracketology wrote of his placing the Dukes back in the mix:

"Atlantic 10 Conference 23-7 (11-3 A-10)

The Dukes move back into the field because of a change of heart more than anything.  History says teams with an RPI in the mid-30s almost always get a bid."

Last edited by godukes1970 (3/17/2013 3:56 pm)

3/17/2013 4:24 pm  #6

Well it will be interesting tomorrow night.  I really hope things go their way for all their hard work. 

First time that I will ever be watching an NCAA tournament selection show with an actual shot at seeing the name Duquesne listed. 

3/17/2013 5:46 pm  #7

For what it is worth, ESPN correctly picked the last four in on the men's side.  A different person does the women's predictions.

Last edited by duqkurt (3/17/2013 6:18 pm)

Board footera