Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/13/2017 5:57 pm  #1

'This isn't Easy' - DK on Dambrot

https://www.dkpittsburghsports.com/2017/09/13/midweek-reader-rebuilding-career-keith-dambrot-sets-sights-duquesne-basketball/

really well written piece by Lance Lysowski on DKPS. it goes through a good bit of detail of Dambrot's rise and fall and comeback throughout his career.

No, this was never going to be an easy rebuild. But there's better fit of a coach who might be capable of doing it.

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

9/14/2017 5:04 am  #2

Re: 'This isn't Easy' - DK on Dambrot

And not because he says he can, but because he's taken so many steps on and off the court to make it happen.

Man's a leader. Mr. Harper is also a leader, and.  so is Dr. Gormley

9/14/2017 10:25 am  #3

For the first time in a long time I am looking forward to what the Dukes can do.  I'd have to go back to my days on campus in the 90s when Pipkins, and NIT bid and Price showed up within a couple years.  That was quickly shot down tho.  With a new leader and new upper management and some quick recruiting gets, hope has returned.  

9/14/2017 10:51 am  #4

I get the impression that the change in attitude with the new A D and coach who brought in his own people, along with the president shows a true commitment to getting on the tract to winning.

This year may have some ups and downs, but as the fans start to return and the recruiting brings A-10 caliber recruits, better days are ahead.

For all of us who have had our hearts broken following and supporting this program, I hope it all works out.

I do want to praise some of the kids who played their hearts out for Ferry, they were undersized and not talented enough to overcome the competition. Despite that we saw some flashes of greatness , they just followed the wrong coach no wonder so many left.

Can't wait until November.........

A diehard fan since 1961

9/14/2017 12:46 pm  #5

I too am so looking forward to DU men's basketball and a return to our winning ways of old. I do not expect it to be easy. But I remember what Don Shula said when Chuck Noll was hired as the Steelers coach. He said "If Chuck can't get it done, no one can!". I feel quite the same way here. And we not only have a winning coach but a winning AD and president as well. Let's go DUKES!!

9/14/2017 4:40 pm  #6

I'm speechless.  DK Sports has 2 articles on DU basketball in two consecutive days !   Wait until they find out how well Dambrot is recruiting.

9/14/2017 5:57 pm  #7

You figure last year this is more bs with Jim Ferry and Duquesne just cant compete,basketball at Duquesne
is dead.There is a faint hope with the hiring of a administrator from Dayton,Dave Harper and you think well
at least he has seen what it takes to be successful  at the A10 level but Duquesne is stuck with the dream
weaver offense of comrade Ferry for 2  more frickin years.No way Duquesne fires this guy.
 When the brick layer commissar Ferry finishes his final game by blowing another lead against St.Louis
I am in total disgust. Nobody really believes Duquesne is going to eat Ferrys contract .More crap.
  Then the miracle of miracles happen,Harper fires the super genius and then reality sets in that no one
wants to coachSORROWFUL Duquesne,we are rejected by everyone except one man.
Enter Keith Dambrot and the commitment to basketball changes at  Duquesne and I attended the press
conference and suddenly its the best Xmas ever and it happens in March.A good coach is hired with a
connection to the program when it was nationally ranked. A lot of money is suddenly becoming available
for the coaches salary,the talk of upgrading Palumbo, and Dambrot is getting the tools he needs to go out
and compete ,recruit and sell this trainwreck that really isnt a trainwreck.Its been ignored forever.
Its a miracle ,the little fan base left is energized ,the president and board and the attitude is yes we can,throw in LeBron,Nike is on board,the local media suddenly drops the misguided support of the
bricklayer and Dambrot is on ESPN,we pick up some nice talent  in a 6-11 monster from Ohio and
a 6-10 big man from Indiana who have basketball skills.
Duquesne has a training table,hires a sports psychogist, sets up a schedule in which the Dukes can
be successful with lots of home games out of conference. Duquesne has a coach who emphasizes defense, recognizees changing the mindset,we are going to win and yes basketball is important to
Duquesne.
Thank you Dr Gormley,Mr Harper and Keith Dambrot and the board of directors.Thank you to all
of the people on this board for never giving up.

9/15/2017 2:50 am  #8

stew wrote:

You figure last year this is more bs with Jim Ferry and Duquesne just cant compete,basketball at Duquesne
is dead.There is a faint hope with the hiring of a administrator from Dayton,Dave Harper and you think well
at least he has seen what it takes to be successful  at the A10 level but Duquesne is stuck with the dream
weaver offense of comrade Ferry for 2  more frickin years.No way Duquesne fires this guy.
 When the brick layer commissar Ferry finishes his final game by blowing another lead against St.Louis
I am in total disgust. Nobody really believes Duquesne is going to eat Ferrys contract .More crap.
  Then the miracle of miracles happen,Harper fires the super genius and then reality sets in that no one
wants to coachSORROWFUL Duquesne,we are rejected by everyone except one man.
Enter Keith Dambrot and the commitment to basketball changes at  Duquesne and I attended the press
conference and suddenly its the best Xmas ever and it happens in March.A good coach is hired with a
connection to the program when it was nationally ranked. A lot of money is suddenly becoming available
for the coaches salary,the talk of upgrading Palumbo, and Dambrot is getting the tools he needs to go out
and compete ,recruit and sell this trainwreck that really isnt a trainwreck.Its been ignored forever.
Its a miracle ,the little fan base left is energized ,the president and board and the attitude is yes we can,throw in LeBron,Nike is on board,the local media suddenly drops the misguided support of the
bricklayer and Dambrot is on ESPN,we pick up some nice talent  in a 6-11 monster from Ohio and
a 6-10 big man from Indiana who have basketball skills.
Duquesne has a training table,hires a sports psychogist, sets up a schedule in which the Dukes can
be successful with lots of home games out of conference. Duquesne has a coach who emphasizes defense, recognizees changing the mindset,we are going to win and yes basketball is important to
Duquesne.
Thank you Dr Gormley,Mr Harper and Keith Dambrot and the board of directors.Thank you to all
of the people on this board for never giving up.

Classic Stew!

Board footera