Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/06/2017 1:08 pm  #1

New name on roster

10/06/2017 1:11 pm  #2

Re: New name on roster

Wait. What?

10/06/2017 1:17 pm  #3

National Championship surely coming now.

All kidding aside, a body at a position of need. He can't hurt, and as such, he raises the ceiling just a little bit, as the odds become better that at least one of these guys works out.

10/06/2017 1:17 pm  #4

This is more intriguing than an Agatha Christie mystery!

10/06/2017 1:22 pm  #5

Led the team in pts and rebounds with 12 and 7 in a weak conference. Hey sign him up.

I'm at the point now where I'm just going to accept that Keith Dambrot is some kind of wizard and we will simply never understand his roster magic.

Last edited by Duques102 (10/06/2017 1:22 pm)

10/06/2017 1:22 pm  #6

I'm looking forward to asking Keith about the roster situation at the Meet & Greet on Thursday.

10/06/2017 1:23 pm  #7

He is for next year.
Start four centers and Lewis?
As usual,  the puzzle over scholarship numbers.

10/06/2017 1:23 pm  #8

Here's what we're getting:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WJMLvzOQCWE

Looks like he's quick, pretty athletic, and has decent hands. Don't see much from a technical skill set from the video.

Last edited by Duques102 (10/06/2017 1:26 pm)

10/06/2017 1:24 pm  #9

president wrote:

This is more intriguing than an Agatha Christie mystery!

Roster she wrote!

10/06/2017 1:25 pm  #10

As I said previously " It"s raining men." Some of which are pretty big.

10/06/2017 1:34 pm  #11

I guess there's no guarantee this guy is on scholarship. With several hundred transfers still floating around, these kids can't be too choosy.

10/06/2017 1:43 pm  #12

Econ69 wrote:

He is for next year.

Econ69 he is playing this year as a grad transfer. He provides much needed back up to Robinson.  Go Dukes!

10/06/2017 1:50 pm  #13

Back up?  I watched 10 seconds of that clip and see him as a starter day 1.  He can actually move, with force and determination.

10/06/2017 1:51 pm  #14

CLK wrote:

Econ69 wrote:

He is for next year.

Econ69 he is playing this year as a grad transfer. He provides much needed back up to Robinson.  Go Dukes!

Exactly, one of the biggest question marks and concerns with this year's roster was interior depth and experience. This guy provides both in spades. Yet another sign that Dambrot just "gets" it before we ever even play a game.

10/06/2017 2:27 pm  #15

With the recent exceptions of a Damian Saunders or Ovie Soko, mid major programs like us get big men that generally fit into 1 of 2 categories.

1. They have true center height of 6'11" or 7'0" like Darius Lewis, but that comes with them having the skill set also similar to a Darius Lewis, basically such a project that 4 years likely isn't enough to iron out all the kinks.

2. They have the athleticism, skills, post moves, and technical playing ability that you want from a big man, a pretty polished game. Those guys are usually lacking in what you can't coach, height.

This guy seems to be leaning towards category two. I've seen him listed at 6'8" and 6'9". I just remember guys being here in the past listed the same way that end up looking closer to 6'7". He looks long in the videos though, which can help offset some size deficiencies.

10/06/2017 6:04 pm  #16

Coppin State players are always tough as nails, it takes courage just to go to that campus. I remember Scott Edgar getting stuck with the John Carroll return home and home game, they got beat by 50 and we're glad to get out of Baltimore as soon as possible.

Good luck to this fellow, thanks CLK, you are the best finding these additions.

A diehard fan since 1961

10/06/2017 10:40 pm  #17

Duques102 wrote:

CLK wrote:

Econ69 wrote:

He is for next year.

Exactly, one of the biggest question marks and concerns with this year's roster was interior depth and experience. This guy provides both in spades. Yet another sign that Dambrot just "gets" it before we ever even play a game.

My thoughts exactly.

10/06/2017 10:52 pm  #18

Reminds me of Ovie a bit.  Though he is undersized for the A10, he is long, athletic, & will have the "man among boys" thing working in his favor.
This roster thing is bananas but fun to follow.
Welcome aboard!

Duques102 wrote:

With the recent exceptions of a Damian Saunders or Ovie Soko, mid major programs like us get big men that generally fit into 1 of 2 categories.

1. They have true center height of 6'11" or 7'0" like Darius Lewis, but that comes with them having the skill set also similar to a Darius Lewis, basically such a project that 4 years likely isn't enough to iron out all the kinks.

2. They have the athleticism, skills, post moves, and technical playing ability that you want from a big man, a pretty polished game. Those guys are usually lacking in what you can't coach, height.

This guy seems to be leaning towards category two. I've seen him listed at 6'8" and 6'9". I just remember guys being here in the past listed the same way that end up looking closer to 6'7". He looks long in the videos though, which can help offset some size deficiencies.

10/07/2017 6:08 am  #19

Where did Nick Washington go ?

10/07/2017 6:09 am  #20

Nick Washington no longer appearing on roster at goduquesne.com.  Any idea what is going on with that?

10/07/2017 6:18 am  #21

Maybe not qualified for first semester? Don't know.

10/07/2017 8:21 am  #22

legally changed his name to chas brown maybe?

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

10/08/2017 7:32 am  #23

When did Chas Brown enroll in school ? What graduate program starts the first week of October ? Now the scholarship numbers this year and next year are worrisome . Now his relationship with Lebron and Nike are a concern to me. I would love it if the Dukes turn it around but not by doing it the wrong way. But then again, maybe it's the only way now a days .

10/08/2017 9:39 am  #24

Wildwood13 wrote:

When did Chas Brown enroll in school ? What graduate program starts the first week of October ? Now the scholarship numbers this year and next year are worrisome . Now his relationship with Lebron and Nike are a concern to me. I would love it if the Dukes turn it around but not by doing it the wrong way. But then again, maybe it's the only way now a days .

With all due respect, I hope Dambrot would be doing better than a kid who played 18 games for one of the worst teams in the country last year with dirty money.

10/08/2017 11:03 am  #25

steve19981 wrote:

Wildwood13 wrote:

With all due respect, I hope Dambrot would be doing better than a kid who played 18 games for one of the worst teams in the country last year with dirty money.

I agree. All things considered, I would assume he is not on scholarship. There are several hundred transfers still on the market with no scholarship opportunities still available. I assume this was a kid just looking for a last opportunity.

Board footera