Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/17/2013 9:01 pm  #1

Hlede vs Friday

Different players. Different positions. But tell me why Hlede isn't being inducted into the A10 Women Legends honor?  Nothing against Friday but this is laughable.

3/17/2013 9:03 pm  #2

Re: Hlede vs Friday

Both should be in first ballot

3/17/2013 9:33 pm  #3

Apparently you had to appear at the A10 banquet to be inducted.  No one is saying but perhaps that is the reason. 

3/17/2013 10:36 pm  #4

Jeralta wrote:

Different players. Different positions. But tell me why Hlede isn't being inducted into the A10 Women Legends honor? Nothing against Friday but this is laughable.

Agree. Friday was a great player, but Hlede was on another level. It's like comparing Aaron Jackson to Norm Nixon, or Si Green.

3/17/2013 11:20 pm  #5

Jeralta wrote:

Both should be in first ballot

Was impossible, as each school only had one person honored.

3/18/2013 5:33 am  #6

Rogabee, that was a nice was not to diss Friday. The reality is Hlede should be on. Period.

3/18/2013 8:00 am  #7

This topic was talked about at the time.  GoDukes1970 posted that he asked someone at DU why and the Hall of Fame candidate had to appear at the A10 banquet in Philadephia to be awarded the honor.    That was a pre-requisite to induction. 

Perhaps, Hlede was busy.  Or didn't wish to fly to Philadelphia (probably at her own expense) to accept the honor.   Here is the thread. 

http://duquesnefans.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=136

I don't think anyone would argue that Hlede was DU's best women's bb player.

Last edited by duqkurt (3/18/2013 8:02 am)

3/18/2013 9:17 am  #8

Understood Jeralta.  Perhaps you misunderstood me...somebody was saying that both Hlede and Friday should have been on in the first ballot.  All I was saying is that each A10 school could only have one nominee, so it would have been impossible for both Friday and Hlede to be entered on the first ballot.  We are in agreement it should have been Hlede.

Board footera