Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/22/2017 8:26 am  #1

How Long is Nina Out?

Saw Angelina participate in the lay up drills but not in the scrimmage was aware of her leg/knee problems - saw Nina was on crutches had not heard anything about her injury.

APPRECIATE IT!!

10/22/2017 9:17 am  #2

Re: How Long is Nina Out?

Coach didn’t say. Heavy duty brace on her leg.

10/22/2017 12:02 pm  #3

During his opening remarks, Burt's exact words were "You see Nina Aho is on crutches and that's all I'm going to say about that."

​BTW, the only other "news" from his remarks was that Bovell will be redshirted this year.

10/23/2017 8:32 pm  #4

Per Zac Weiss, Nina will redshirt. Ouch.

https://twitter.com/zacharymweiss/status/922581716618874880

10/24/2017 9:01 pm  #5

Gotta figure that Burt will change his mind about redshirting Bovell now.

10/24/2017 10:02 pm  #6

he announced halle was redshirted when aho was already in a knee brace. unless someone else goes down, bovell is still redshirting

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

10/25/2017 8:39 am  #7

He knew Halle was redshirting regardless. It was Halle's idea actually. I will be writing more about why soon. Let's just say it is for the right reasons.

10/25/2017 4:11 pm  #8

Somewhere in the thread of messages about Nina and Halle, there was a comment that next year's team was going to be very good.  I'm curious to know more.  Is it about recruiting?  Thanks.

10/25/2017 5:04 pm  #9

It's about only one senior on the roster. Full team coming back basically.

They'll be good this year as well. Lots of talent & great coach.

10/25/2017 5:26 pm  #10

sperlman wrote:

Somewhere in the thread of messages about Nina and Halle, there was a comment that next year's team was going to be very good.  I'm curious to know more.  Is it about recruiting?  Thanks.

Laia Sole may be the best post player on the roster. This team returns with Nina at full strength. Coach Burt said to some reporters Nina would have been a starter. Also I am convinced you will see the best Halle Bovell to date next season, not even close. Not to discount what she already has done, but it's more about what she will do. Plus the freshmen will all have a year under their belt which can only be a good thing.

This team has so much going for it next year and that does not even include recruiting.

10/25/2017 8:19 pm  #11

This is a BUMMER - Nina would have DEFINITELY contributed - however with the brace her mobility is obviously limited - If you have an arm or shoulder injury - you may be able to stay in or close to game playing condition with running etc. Nina is probably falling quite far behind.  Here's wishing Nina a QUICK COMPLETE FULL RECOVERY.

One point about Halle Red-shirting -  Coaches try to give out of town players players one home game in their area during the stay in the program - Tough to schedule games in Canada - Thought maybe playing UConn in Toronto was a way to "offer that" to Halle and Anie-Pier.  That was one of the reasons Maryland PAID to play at Palumbo last year - They wanted to give the lady from Hopewell a chance to play in her home town.

Board footera