Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/02/2017 5:54 am  #1

Must read

http://dystnow.com/2017/11/01/motivated-samson-prepared-to-help-dukes/

This is an example of what this program is all about.

I have so much pride in this coach and these kids.

11/03/2017 5:00 am  #2

Re: Must read

EXCELLENT article about a STUDENT Athlete -  Bio-Medical Engineering!!!  ONE of the reasons it is enjoyable to watch Army-Navy as opposed to some of the "other rivalries" is they are all legitimate college students.  One commentator might comment something like XXX has a class in Molecular Genetics - and the other might say - and that is the BREATHER in his course load.

Good Luck to Anie-Pier and her team mates - Something of a bummer that they open with 4 games on the road (one is Pitt) come home for Iona then go back on the road - so only one chance to see them at AJP before November 30th.

11/03/2017 11:40 am  #3

Yes,  nice story.  I honestly don't think the Dukes (collectively) have enough this season to win the A-10 or garner an NCAA invite, but there is no doubt their character as student athletes is second to none.
I am much more optimistic about 2018-2019, assuming 1) everyone is back healthy and 2) a big/talented European post (able to match-up size wise with the Dayton's of the world) is recruited.

11/03/2017 1:24 pm  #4

sperlman I respect your insight and opinion. I sense that this year's team, though, is on a mission. But I agree 100% that no matter what else happens, next season will be amazing!

11/03/2017 3:40 pm  #5

While the NCAA is the goal - NOTHING wrong if they have a "typical Dan Burt season" - win 20 plus games and wind up in the NIT.  Due to automatic bids - (which I don't have a problem with) Best teams in the NIT might be better that 12 or so in the NCAA - Don't know how much "reputation from the Power Conferences matter" - remember the year we beat Pitt AT PITT - had a damn good record as well - they were in comfortably DU got left out.

Have enough people to score - am wondering where the rebounding might come from - Szmosa did the "dirty work" for 3 plus years.  Last few games Connor was coming through big time - Briana will be missed there as well.

11/04/2017 8:05 am  #6

We also beat WVU that year, and they got in as an at-large. Committee apparently looks at head-head last, which makes no sense. As does anything NCAA related.

Board footera