Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/06/2017 1:44 pm  #1

Suzie loses to IUP. Seat getting hot

Pitt fans are eyeing Dan Burt. HANDS OFF!!!

11/06/2017 4:10 pm  #2

Re: Suzie loses to IUP. Seat getting hot

That's their sense of entitlement.

Surprised they don't expect Geno to give them a call.

11/07/2017 1:34 pm  #3

If those pigs do come calling after Burt, hopefully he sees what is happening to SMS and the money wont be too much to pass up on, even though you become miserable after the honeymoon is over and so might be your career.

11/07/2017 6:50 pm  #4

fjhryn wrote:

An argument can be made that Dan had a significant influence on SMS' success at Duquesne due to his effective recruiting practices while she was here. I'm sure she was not too happy to see Amodio offering him the Dukes coaching position after she whisked Dan off to Pitt hoping that he would continue to serve up talent to continue to pad her reputation as he worked in the background. Dan is a real class act and I can't see him  jumping at an offer from Pitt if she gets the boot unless it is so rich that he couldn't/shouldn't pass up an opportunity which may greatly benefit his family. Hopefully, if that scenario plays out, Dave Harper & Ken Gormley make it Dan's worthwhile to stay at Duquesne. 

Money always can make a difference. I agree it would be classless for then to steal our coach again. Of course, it was classless of us to steal Danny Nee from Bobby Mo after only one year, but boy did it work out well for them, as they've been kicking our butt ever since. Come to think of it, we've done pretty well since Pitt stole Suzie. Moral of the story, don't steal your neighbor's coach!

11/08/2017 2:03 am  #5

duq81 wrote:

Of course, it was classless of us to steal Danny Nee from Bobby Mo after only one year, but boy did it work out well for them, as they've been kicking our butt ever since. Come to think of it, we've done pretty well since Pitt stole Suzie.

Moral of the story, don't steal your neighbor's coach!

"Thou shall not covet a neighbor's coach," the long lost 11th commandment

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

11/08/2017 7:25 am  #6

I know some of you guys worship at the Hail to Pitt altar, but the truth is they'll need to replace Suzie, Duzzie, and Con-fuzi (Stallings) within the next 2-3 years. And I don't want to sacrifice any good coaches to them.

​We have the two best basketball coaches in Pittsburgh. Go Dukes!

Board footera