Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/15/2017 11:32 am  #1

The disgrace and humiliation of RMU domination must end.

This is a must win game. I'm sick of us being their b***h. When they poop, the toilet tissue has a Duquesne logo. This must end. Them beating us should be as rare as a Cleveland win over the Steelers. This season can't be a success if we don't win this game.

11/15/2017 11:37 am  #2

Re: The disgrace and humiliation of RMU domination must end.

duq81 wrote:

This is a must win game. I'm sick of us being their b***h. When they poop, the toilet tissue has a Duquesne logo. This must end. Them beating us should be as rare as a Cleveland win over the Steelers. This season can't be a success if we don't win this game.

ABSO-TIVELY !!!!

11/15/2017 11:51 am  #3

Own the City!

11/15/2017 2:47 pm  #4

Nice manifesto, duq81.  I do strongly believe that Dambrot understands the importance of getting this win, unlike the previous staff.  He has said that he wants the Dukes to become Pittsburgh's team. And the first step along the way is to beat your in-town rivals.

http://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2017/11/15/duquesne-hoops-day-thoughts/
"Mike Lewis II said the returners were not pleased with last year’s result against Robert Morris and the goal is to win the city “championship.” With both Robert Morris and Pitt still searching for their first win, it’s a very real possibility. A sweep of the two programs would be a huge victory for Dambrot in his first season. He gets his first crack Sunday."

11/15/2017 3:06 pm  #5

PSN is doing a really nice job of covering the Dukes.

11/15/2017 3:46 pm  #6

Grammatical/spelling errors, my excitement gets the best of me;  "or" and "isn't". Apologies.

81', El D and others truer words have never been spoken!  Losing to Bobby Mo has been a big part of deflating our seasons - at least in my book.  I heard on the post-game we have lost 6 out of the last 7 to them and this has to END!  I was furious when one of their players was quoted last year OR the year before saying they look at this as a game they own and they expect to win.  Well Bobby Mo, there is a new sheriff in town and the days of our team being out coached by O'Toole are over!  The days of the Colonials are over, the dawn of the Dukes is here!  This ISN'T just rose colored optimism either, I attended both games so far and I can tell you, over the past 25 + years we lose one of those games.  KD's preparation, in game adjustments and use of his personnel are like nothing I've seen in decades.  I cannot even imagine the joy of following our Dukes when KD has a full roster.  This is making me young again.  Let's Go Duquesne!!

P.S.  To me beating Bobby Mo is more important than beating Pitt, but of course I'd love to trounce them both!!

11/15/2017 4:32 pm  #7

When the men's program began to be irrelevant, the athletic department and men's basketball team at Robert Morris took the opposite path.  Playoff appearances, better coaching, better players, and higher attendance.  An athletic director who was progressive when we had our former athletic director, increased PR, and more.  We have been at a disadvantage over the last 20 years against Pitt, though it appears things are changing with their mess in both men's and women's basketball (records) along with their poor attendance and play of their football team.  I mention this because this "thing" felt like an anomaly with Robert Morris but it is no more.

Against Robert Morris, we "used" to hold our own.  For the first time in a number of years (you can figure out the exact number) we now have a coach who I believe is definitely stronger than their coach.  I don't know enough about their players and am still getting to know ours.  But if the last two games have been any indication of the drive of the coach and the team, I look forward to a highly competitive game on Sunday and one that hopefully, we will pull out!

Last edited by FAM (11/15/2017 4:32 pm)

11/15/2017 5:58 pm  #8

FAM wrote:

When the men's program began to be irrelevant, the athletic department and men's basketball team at Robert Morris took the opposite path.  Playoff appearances, better coaching, better players, and higher attendance.  An athletic director who was progressive when we had our former athletic director, increased PR, and more.  We have been at a disadvantage over the last 20 years against Pitt, though it appears things are changing with their mess in both men's and women's basketball (records) along with their poor attendance and play of their football team.  I mention this because this "thing" felt like an anomaly with Robert Morris but it is no more.

Against Robert Morris, we "used" to hold our own.  For the first time in a number of years (you can figure out the exact number) we now have a coach who I believe is definitely stronger than their coach.  I don't know enough about their players and am still getting to know ours.  But if the last two games have been any indication of the drive of the coach and the team, I look forward to a highly competitive game on Sunday and one that hopefully, we will pull out!

We shouldn't be holding our own vs RMU. We're an A10 school. We should dominate this series. They are a low major. Even if they have good teams, one win a decade would be acceptable, no more than that, especially at Palumbo. Pitt got their edge when they went to the BE. We can compete with them when they're down, but if they're near the top of the ACC, we'd have to be an elite A10 team to have a chance to win more than 1 or 2 games a decade. Of course, if we become an elite A10 team, we might end up in the BE, which would close the gap to a large degree, provided the BE maintains their current level of play.

We haven't had a clear edge at coach vs Pitt since Red was going up against Timmons, at the point where Timmons was in decline (Timmons was a pretty good coach at his best). Davies is the best ever in Pittsburgh followed closely by Dudey. Then comes Dixon, Manning, Ridl, and Howland, who wasn't here long enough to be rated higher. Doc Carlson's best was during the center jump days, so I'm not going to try to rate him, although he was obviously good in his day. Honorable mention to Gus Krop, Jerry Conboy, and Bill Shay. Pitt now has Danny Nee at the helm, a washed up guy who was looking for a soft landing spot.

Last edited by duq81 (11/15/2017 6:05 pm)

11/15/2017 8:02 pm  #9

Duquesne, with only 8 or 9 players, will beat RMU and Pitt this year---and for years to come.  Pitt is bad.  They won't be able to handle Duquesne's guards.  

11/15/2017 8:28 pm  #10

duq81 wrote:

LOL. That toilet paper is SO soft and feels great. WE will continue to use it.  BTW, The Dukes last made the NCAA's when????? If you look in the mirror you'll see Tim Couch, Johnny Football, and Josh Gordon. 

Toole will continue to own you. OWN you. With UPMC on the way, RMU will easily continue their domination over the Dukes, 

11/15/2017 8:34 pm  #11

Duquesne is such a joke of a program. They are a one embarrassment of the A-10. RMU owns the city of Pittsburgh and is Duquesne BIG brother. Toole owned Ferry when he was at LIU, owned him at Duquesne now he is gonna own dambrot. LETS GO BOBBY MO

11/15/2017 8:37 pm  #12

Uh oh, the bobby mo trolls are here. I hope you enjoyed your success while it lasted. Duquesne has a big boy coach now. Have fun playing in the worst conference in the country and good luck getting a job with those community college degrees.

11/15/2017 8:45 pm  #13

That community college degree probably brings in a higher salary than you lolz. He same big boy coach who couldn’t cut it at Akron? Hahahaha

11/15/2017 8:50 pm  #14

Bobbymo15 wrote:

That community college degree probably brings in a higher salary than you lolz. He same big boy coach who couldn’t cut it at Akron? Hahahaha

Dambrot was quite successful at Akron. Won 20 games each of the last 12 years.

11/15/2017 8:51 pm  #15

Couldn't cut it at Akron? He averaged the fourth most wins per season in the country while he was there. And Duquesne and Bobby mo are not even in the same universe academically, so no need to discuss that issue any further.

11/15/2017 8:51 pm  #16

Trolls? We simply stated faxxxxx. Has RMU not dominated the series recently? Has Toole not gone 6-1 vs the Dukes? Or is it 7 and 1. I cant remember lol. And playing in the NEC sure sucks when you can make the NCAA's, beat St Johns, beat UK. You got it man! We've had a tough few years and STILL gone 1-1 against you scrubs. 

11/15/2017 8:54 pm  #17

Faxxxxx? There's that Bobby mo education for you. And like I said, hope you've enjoyed your recent success because there's a new sheriff in town. Just take a look at the transfers we have sitting out and the five player class he just signed.

Last edited by Dukes2012 (11/15/2017 8:54 pm)

11/15/2017 9:00 pm  #18

One: Faxxxxx is a funny way of saying facts. How old are you? lol.... Two: Koby Thomas is better than any freshmen you have. Also. The best Akron transfer went to RMU. Josh Williams. Lastly, if insulting my education is the way you feel you need to go about this, that's hilarious. Show's how bad that basketball program really is. Grow up. 

11/15/2017 9:01 pm  #19

Size of class doesn’t mean (profanity). They could all be trash. If you wanna talk about sheriffs in town look no further than our President Howard. Now that’s a man to get behind. That’s a guy who will take the entire school and every athletic program above the DOOKIES. Peep his resume B

11/15/2017 9:08 pm  #20

Bobby NO Mo beatin the Dukes.

11/15/2017 10:09 pm  #21

Gentlemen and  with all due respect, I personally  have great respect for Coach Toole  individually and RMU academically and athletically but I  cannot allow the Dukes dominance over RMU in THE COUNTY GAME to go unmentioned!

11/15/2017 10:50 pm  #22

RMU4LYFE wrote:

One: Faxxxxx is a funny way of saying facts. How old are you? lol.... Two: Koby Thomas is better than any freshmen you have. Also. The best Akron transfer went to RMU. Josh Williams. Lastly, if insulting my education is the way you feel you need to go about this, that's hilarious. Show's how bad that basketball program really is. Grow up. 

Most of us here are good "old school" fans who enjoy the rivalry and debate in a good sportsmanship atmosphere.  Coming onto another school's board and talking juvenile trash, complete with "Your momma" level put-downs with the apparent vocabulary, grammar and literary skills of short bus middle schoolers does not really make your arguments valid. 

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

11/15/2017 11:01 pm  #23

lol

11/15/2017 11:42 pm  #24

i've seen it all now

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

11/16/2017 6:45 am  #25

Let's see if BobbyMo is talking after[i][/i] the game.

I wonder where they were for the football game?

Board footera