Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/25/2017 5:54 pm  #1

Nick K

Nick K appears to be on scholarship. Any thoughts about that?

Per Verbal commits he is on scholarship.

11/25/2017 6:22 pm  #2

Re: Nick K

Harper insinuated that he is not on athletic scholarship, and will never be on athletic scholarship due to his academic achievements (was valedictorian of his high school class).

Last edited by Dukes2012 (11/25/2017 6:22 pm)

11/25/2017 6:23 pm  #3

Dukes2012 wrote:

Harper insinuated that he is not on athletic scholarship, and will never be on athletic scholarship due to his academic achievements (was valedictorian of his high school class).

So he’s on academic scholarship?

11/25/2017 6:26 pm  #4

That's my understanding. I don't believe he had any D1 offers so I don't think anyone would complain about putting him on academic scholarship given his academic record.

11/25/2017 6:27 pm  #5

Dukes2012 wrote:

That's my understanding. I don't believe he had any D1 offers so I don't think anyone would complain about putting him on academic scholarship given his academic record.

Why bring him if he isn’t gonna play. We really on have 7 players because of that.

11/25/2017 7:00 pm  #6

Why not bring him in if he isn't costing us a scholarship? We need bodies this year.

11/25/2017 10:19 pm  #7

Need guys to practice.

11/25/2017 10:30 pm  #8

duq81 wrote:

Need guys to practice.

We have Five transfers/ redshirts for that. We needed bodies to play for this year not to practice

11/25/2017 10:59 pm  #9

Godukes2017 wrote:

duq81 wrote:

Need guys to practice.

We have Five transfers/ redshirts for that. We needed bodies to play for this year not to practice

as of right now this is what we got, considering we went through about "four coaches" this offseason, its amazing that we landed guys like Williams and Verhoeven to begin with

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

11/26/2017 11:04 am  #10

i have heard from multiple sources close to the program that there are a few high caliber players who "walked on" and either are on academic scholarship or "paying" their own way. This may change next year with Eric, Jrob and Rene graduation as well as any transfers. 

11/26/2017 12:00 pm  #11

Godukes2017 wrote:

duq81 wrote:

Need guys to practice.

Only one of the transfers is a big. Needed some big bodies, and we got one. It's not like he's taking a spot away from someone. He's basically a walk on

11/26/2017 4:32 pm  #12

duq81 wrote:

Godukes2017 wrote:

duq81 wrote:

Need guys to practice.

Only one of the transfers is a big. Needed some big bodies, and we got one. It's not like he's taking a spot away from someone. He's basically a walk on

Exactly, nothing else needs to be said. Between him and Taylor we probably have some of the better walkons in the country ha!

All that means is that we have some depth in a year we desperately need it.

Board footera