Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/28/2017 8:34 pm  #1

City game

Pitt up 1 on Highpoint with 7 to play. Winnable game if we have enough players to finish game.

11/28/2017 9:40 pm  #2

Re: City game

Pitt won by 8 and managed to survive. They absolutely could not handle the press at all--too bad we don't have the bodies to try to press them friday,.

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

11/28/2017 10:36 pm  #3

This is going to be an awful game. I'm glad it's not on tv.

11/29/2017 7:29 am  #4

On a side note.
2,399 in attendance as Pitt defeats HIgh Point in an arena that holds 12,000.
That's for an ACC team.
I agree if we had all our players we could beat Pitt.

11/29/2017 7:36 am  #5

Pitt played 15 kids against High Point. Look for the same against us.

11/29/2017 8:08 am  #6

This is the first time I ever knew nothing about Pitt players, except for the kid from Hampton Twp. Who turned down Ferry's offer for him and his brother to come to Duquesne. Didn't he say it was his dream to go to Pitt, sounds more like a nightmare.

Jamie Dixon seems to be doing all right at his alma mater, though.

A diehard fan since 1961

11/29/2017 8:51 am  #7

I'm sure there are some in the Pitt athletic department who saw hiring Stallings as both a safe move and a power move in the sense that they nabbed someone in a power 5 job who had had some success there after missing badly on Archie. Stallings hasn't hit the ground running, but he's a different coach than Dixon and needs a different skill set from him players. The mass of defections hasn't helped short run, though it will in the long run.

My hope however is that the athletic department bows to pressure and fires him after next. That means another coach has to step in and start the rebuild over in their mold. They will get stuck in a unrealistic 3 year hire/fire cycle that will result in a dramatic demise of their program.

Stallings will have some success at Pitt if they stay the course. Let's hope they don't.

11/29/2017 9:39 am  #8

Apparently, Pitt uses the same people to count the crowd Duquesne does. According to the Pitt board, there weren't more than 1,200 in the building. Fans in this city won't come to see crap. I imagine the clowns on 93.7 will have a field day making fun of the turnout. Thank goodness it's on a Friday.

11/29/2017 9:46 am  #9

I am not looking forward to this game Friday, actually regret buying the tickets.

11/29/2017 1:38 pm  #10

Why? We've got a team playing its heart out. It's undermanned, but game.

I wish I could be there.

11/29/2017 1:40 pm  #11

for the record, the game will be streamed on FB on the Stadium Network (it might be on Stadium TV locally too, i'm not sure)

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

11/29/2017 3:09 pm  #12

ElDuque wrote:

I wish I could be there.

Me too. You local fans really should be glad you get the chance to see the team, good or bad.  I'm 1500 miles away.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

11/29/2017 3:51 pm  #13

AM giving my ticket to a friend as I am unable to go due to a work commitment. At least someone will be in my seat!

11/29/2017 5:22 pm  #14

It's like a Jigsaw Puzzle -  Pitt is trying to figure out how to jam the pieces in - DU has most of the pieces in a box that says CANNOT BE OPENED UNTIL FALL 2018.

11/30/2017 9:54 am  #15

ElDuque wrote:

I wish I could be there.

It wont be an exciting atmosphere.  If we win, it's because they stink, if they win it's because we stunk more than them.   
Neither team can pound their chest when they win.
Next year and the years after, I expect a battle.  Tomorrow will be a display of futility.  

But I will be there with my Dukes shirt and hat on, cheering the red and blue.

11/30/2017 10:20 am  #16

This year and this team are a precursor to great things to come over the next several years. Just want to be part of that. Reason enough to get to as many games as I am able. Also it seems that the players are giving their all. Let's do the same! GO DUKES!!

11/30/2017 10:40 am  #17

Steve I hope your right, but how about this scenario?  Miller gets fired at Arizona or resigns with some of the still hidden pressure of the shoe investigation and he finally comes home. 😱😱😱

11/30/2017 11:42 am  #18

townsonkid wrote:

ElDuque wrote:

I wish I could be there.

It wont be an exciting atmosphere.  If we win, it's because they stink, if they win it's because we stunk more than them.   
Neither team can pound their chest when they win.

Nope, doesn't matter how bad either team is. This is a rivalry game. The players and the students will get up for it just like they do every year. Maybe not in such large quantities as usual, but the people who will be there understand what this game means.

Especially now that neither team is going to be playing in March, this is all we've got for both sides. This game matters to us, it matters to the players.

11/30/2017 5:59 pm  #20

Checked out the stats on both teams and this game could end up in the 50's. Both shoot poorly from the 3 but take quite a few of them and PPG isn't known as a shooters court. Look's like James and Smith both playing but probably sparingly. Won't surprise me if Brown sees some action especially if it's a close game and we're running out of bodies.

12/01/2017 7:07 am  #22

With all of the long-in-the-tooth reporters gone, there's no more sense of history beyond Jamie Dixon at the local newspapers. In my time as a student, Pitt and DU played at least twice a year and sometimes a third time in the Eastern 8 tournament. Usually home team held court. Teams were fairly evenly matched. It was like AFC North football.

12/01/2017 10:26 am  #23

Sure would like to whup some arse 2nite and end the string of coaches fired after beating Pitt.

Board footera