Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/20/2017 9:14 am  #1

The Dukes face Goliath, The Mighty UConn Huskies

It's never a bad thing to share the stage with a program like this. You are judged by the company you keep.

From the UConn board.
https://the-boneyard.com/threads/the-canadian-build-up-begins.121475/

12/20/2017 10:41 am  #2

Re: The Dukes face Goliath, The Mighty UConn Huskies

Go Dukes!   It shows you how far we have progressed.  They don’t play any weak schools in their OOC schedule. 

In Burt we trust.  Go Dukes!

12/20/2017 11:41 am  #3

What are your expectations for this game? Not sure that it is a winneable game, but I'd like to see them stay competitive throughout just like the tournament game two years ago. I would be ok with keeping it under 25.

12/20/2017 12:53 pm  #4

Dukes2012 wrote:

What are your expectations for this game? Not sure that it is a winnable game, but I'd like to see them stay competitive throughout just like the tournament game two years ago. I would be ok with keeping it under 25.

I don't expect UConn to lose a game, or really even come close to losing this year. With that in mind, I'd like for us to perform well enough to not be blown out from the door. In other words, we may lose by 35, but I'd like them to have to work hard to get the lead that high, as opposed to us being down by 15 after the first quarter, and 30 at halftime, and then having UConn maintain the lead with their reserves. I want their starters to still be playing entering the 4th quarter. The upperclassmen have already played UConn, so I hope they don't come out like the deer in the headlights.

12/20/2017 1:35 pm  #5

duq81 wrote:

Dukes2012 wrote:

What are your expectations for this game? Not sure that it is a winnable game, but I'd like to see them stay competitive throughout just like the tournament game two years ago. I would be ok with keeping it under 25.

The upperclassmen have already played UConn, so I hope they don't come out like the deer in the headlights.

This may be an overlooked aspect that I myself have forgotten about it but it probably rings extremely loud in a game like this. The older players know how to focus to prepare for a game like this. In fact, they're going to get a longer time even to prepare mentally, as two years ago they only had two days after the Seton Hall game.

The older players will know how to approach this game and how not to be intimidated or get blown out. Hopefully they make a run or two to keep this game exciting

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

12/20/2017 1:37 pm  #6

Anybody going to this game? I wanted to try to find friends who would make the trip with me but the tickets sold out this past week I believe.

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

12/20/2017 3:57 pm  #7

This is basically a no lose situation for us. If they blow us away, so what, most suffer that fate, even ranked teams, so it won't make us look bad. If we're relatively competitive, it makes us look good. I can't wait.

12/20/2017 7:25 pm  #8

Game will be carried on ESPN 3.

12/22/2017 12:32 pm  #9

For those of you who have a 4K television AND Direct TV it is also being carried on 105 Cinema 4k.

12/22/2017 7:14 pm  #10

Down 10 early.

12/22/2017 7:22 pm  #11

getting a decent amount of open looks. just nothing falling on our end

12/22/2017 7:26 pm  #12

Ugly first quarter.

12/22/2017 7:27 pm  #13

I wanted to look at UConn's roster, and they really aren't that much taller than us. Their starting 5 was comparable in height to our starting 5. They're just that much quicker, stronger, and better shooting

12/22/2017 7:38 pm  #14

couple rough turnovers trying to pass the ball on the perimeter

12/22/2017 7:48 pm  #15

This katie lou samuelson has 21 on only 10 shots for uconn.

12/22/2017 7:49 pm  #16

Doors blown off. Oh well, UConn plays at a level that few can come close to.

12/22/2017 7:51 pm  #17

Their quickness is at a level no other team comes close too.

12/22/2017 8:16 pm  #18

Only three times tonight have the Dukes gone on a 4-0 run or better (basically, make two shots in a row before UConn scores points). They've all been in the last 8 minutes of gameplay

12/22/2017 8:53 pm  #19

Oh well.  Hopefully the loss won’t affect them.

12/23/2017 7:23 am  #20

Ouch !!!

This one was never really in doubt.

I don't really follow women's hoops much but Connecticut is really good ( It seems they rarely lose ). I would guess they have a pretty good chance of winning the whole thing come March.

Oh well , let's regroup and come back strong.

12/23/2017 7:41 am  #21

Tough loss. But for all the media folks griping about MBB playing a soft schedule, where is the local coverage for this?

12/23/2017 7:58 am  #22

ElDuque wrote:

Tough loss. But for all the media folks griping about MBB playing a soft schedule, where is the local coverage for this?

wtae showed highlights of the womens game. only said score and win streak of mens game..

12/23/2017 8:41 am  #23

Looking for the Silver Lining -  Ladies are STILL 10-3 -  With 5 players sitting out for various reasons (I'm presuming Amanda might be red shirted - does any one know how many games one can play and still be eligible?)  Libby played extremely well last night.

Got home and opened my mail yesterday - One item was a Christmas Card/ photo of the team - Thanking me for my support - Was signed by Coach Burt and a few of the players (am presuming maybe different players had different signing duties on the different cards)  They took that EXTRA few seconds to enter my name on the Card. NICE Small CLASSY gesture by the team.

Good to see the GUYS winning some of those close ones as well-  Although it is/was not the goal of Dambrot THIS season -  A trip to the CBI (NIT is more of a long shot) - is NOT out of the question -  

St Bonnie beat Syracuse last night!!   

12/23/2017 9:24 am  #24

SkepticAl wrote:

Got home and opened my mail yesterday - One item was a Christmas Card/ photo of the team - Thanking me for my support - Was signed by Coach Burt and a few of the players (am presuming maybe different players had different signing duties on the different cards)  They took that EXTRA few seconds to enter my name on the Card. NICE Small CLASSY gesture by the team.

I received a personal greeting from the team as well, Al.  It was such a pleasant surprise.  You're right, a small gesture showing the great class of the program.  It's things like this that cement one's support for the team.

12/23/2017 10:26 am  #25

SkepticAl wrote:

Looking for the Silver Lining -  Ladies are STILL 10-3 -  With 5 players sitting out for various reasons (I'm presuming Amanda might be red shirted - does any one know how many games one can play and still be eligible?)  Libby played extremely well last night.

Good to see the GUYS winning some of those close ones as well-  Although it is/was not the goal of Dambrot THIS season -  A trip to the CBI (NIT is more of a long shot) - is NOT out of the question -  

St Bonnie beat Syracuse last night!!   

For a true non-medical redshirt you can't play even 1 minute.  Once you play the redshirt is burned.

For a medical redshirt , you must play in less than 30 % of the games (i.e 30 game schedule = 9 games ). These must be played in the 1st half of the year I believe. I am not certain if this is the current rule , but it was several years ago.

Hope this helps.

You are a true super fan !!!

Board footera