Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/13/2018 9:11 am  #1

Pre-game coverage by local newspapers

Post-Gazette: Um, nothing.

Tribune-Review: Nada.

​DKPittsburgh Sports: Said there'd be more coverage, hasn't delivered.

​St. Louis Post-Dispatch: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/area-college-athletes-mike-lewis-leads-duquesne-revival/article_14b8c634-5f8c-5b38-b412-7e673271c34d.html

1/13/2018 10:17 am  #2

Re: Pre-game coverage by local newspapers

Thankfully we have alternative media. Since I live so far away I am used to searching for sports coverage of Duquesne.

The local media will jump on board after Duquesne wins regularly and pretend they always were supportive to the D-I Dukes. 

Some of we older folks remember the 1950’s and 1960’s Steelers and the treatment by the hateful writers like Les Beaderman and Roy McHugh referring to them as Rooney U. And Arts Lovable losers , then eventually giving respect after the 2nd Super Bowl.

That’s why I like this board to keep me informed.

Last edited by Phildog (1/13/2018 10:18 am)

A diehard fan since 1961

1/13/2018 2:57 pm  #3

post-gazette print edition has just about thrown in the towel on DU hoops at this point .

there is very rarely a game day story. 

only 2 or 3 times ( not sure for certain ) since October has there been a story on a non-game day.

the game recaps are marginal at best.

there is literally nothing to be gleaned from their coverage. they have not told me 1 thing all year about DU hoops that I did not already know.

if the wife would let me i'd drop the subscription to that rag .

just keepin it real.

1/13/2018 4:48 pm  #4

ghost wrote:

post-gazette print edition has just about thrown in the towel on DU hoops at this point .

there is very rarely a game day story. 

only 2 or 3 times ( not sure for certain ) since October has there been a story on a non-game day.

the game recaps are marginal at best.

there is literally nothing to be gleaned from their coverage. they have not told me 1 thing all year about DU hoops that I did not already know.

if the wife would let me i'd drop the subscription to that rag .

just keepin it real.

​You still receive a print edition of the paper? Do you still record things on your VCR?  Do you still have a flip phone, huh Grandpa?  

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

Board footera