Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/16/2018 9:24 pm  #2

Re: Brandon Wade

Brandon’s father, Keith, is an assistant coach for the team. Keith is a two year survivor of a liver transplant, and appears to be enjoying every minute.
https://twitter.com/wadesworld32/status/953297263341731840

1/18/2018 10:34 am  #3

Would be nice to have a floor general to go with all the size coming in next year.

1/19/2018 5:30 pm  #4

He looks very skilled but has a long way to go in the body department. I like that he is in the floor general mode rather than a "lead guard" that scores like crazy.

1/19/2018 6:30 pm  #5

Don't be deluded into thinking that Mr. Dunn-Martin will not put up a fight for substantial minutes at the point guard slot.  According to the coaches he is a true point guard, as is Mr. Wade.

1/21/2018 12:29 pm  #6

1/22/2018 6:24 pm  #7

CLK, it should be noted that this 32-point performance was against 4-star recruit (and likely Michigan State signee) Rocket Watts. Can't wait to see this kid and TDM run the point next year.

2/16/2018 9:30 am  #8

Brandon Wade led his team last night with 30 points, 10 assists, 5 rebounds & 3 steals.

2/16/2018 3:04 pm  #9

CLK wrote:

Brandon Wade led his team last night with 30 points, 10 assists, 5 rebounds & 3 steals.

There's a good 6 minute plus game video out there of a game where he and an opponent had monster games. He showed some emotion in that game.

3/12/2018 7:53 pm  #10

Down 8 at the half in the Regional semi-finals Brandon Wade poured it on to lead his team to a 73-59 victory with a 32 point performance.  This kid is going to be a very special player for the Dukes. 

https://twitter.com/TheDZoneBBall/status/973342228302135296

Last edited by CLK (3/12/2018 7:54 pm)

3/13/2018 2:43 am  #11

Nice back stories here, with Brandon's family... Father. Mother, Brother.. and older Sisters
Were getting a Good One with this kid.
What I like the most is his "Attitude" and "Drive" to be the Best... 
Can't wait to see him in a Duquesne Uni !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8j83C10GE8&t=20s

Last edited by CalDuke (3/13/2018 3:20 am)

3/13/2018 9:32 am  #12

Very nice family,the son of a coach,wow,whats not to like.Brandon has a great attitude and it looks like
Michigan and Sparty might have been sleeping.Duquesne is getting a very good basketball player and a
really high character guy.

3/13/2018 10:22 am  #13

grammudder wrote:

Don't be deluded into thinking that Mr. Dunn-Martin will not put up a fight for substantial minutes at the point guard slot.  According to the coaches he is a true point guard, as is Mr. Wade.

Will be nice to have options/choices.  Ride the hot hand to 20+ wins next year.  YEAH!!!!!

3/13/2018 1:18 pm  #14

This was this season's biggest missing ingredient for my money, bigs not withstanding. JRob could get the ball in the hoop if he received it in good position, which didn't happen nearly often enough. 

4/09/2018 8:46 am  #15

Brandon is named a finalist for Player of The Year by the Detroit Free Press.  He is in some big time elite company for this award.  Man the Dukes are going to be loaded next season. 

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/high-school/2018/04/08/free-press-sports-awards-boys-basketball-finalists/476106002/

4/09/2018 9:16 am  #16

Trevion Williams looks like a 8 year NBA veteran, not a high school senior.   

4/09/2018 4:25 pm  #17

That is quite a talented group.  It is an honor just to be nominated for this award, congrats to Brandon Wade!

4/16/2018 8:42 am  #18

Congratulations to Brandon who was named 1st team All State and "Captain" by the Detroit Free Press.

https://twitter.com/skyline_mbb/status/985544601816707072

For those keeping score, that is 4 of the 6 recruits that have made 1st team all state in their divisions.  Rotroff, Swingle and Carry are the others. Bizeau was honored with being selected to the 15 man all star roster to play in the Indiana vs Illinois game in April, and the Indiana vs Kentucky game in June (which is a big deal).  While he really needs to bulk up for A10 play this kid has some serious skills for a 6'11" kid.    Kelly was a key player on his HS State Champion team.  He is a rebounding beast.  

I know there are some "Nay Sayers" (there always are), but count me impressed with this recruiting results by KD and staff.  It has been a long time since we have seen so much talent in a single recruiting class.  Go Dukes!

4/16/2018 9:19 am  #19

KD got the guys to come here, 11 new bodies.  Now the hard part, getting the guys who sat out to mesh with the few returning players, and at the same time incorporate in 6 freshman.  I have a feeling the "starting lineup" wont mean much next few years, I can see 10+ guys playing good minutes any given night.
KD is going to have to manage that roster like he never has before.  1 thru 13 appear to be able to play, plus a few no scholarship guys.  

But thats a heck of a lot better than having to look down at your bench and see 1-2 guys who know how to dribble.   :-)

4/16/2018 11:15 am  #20

CLK wrote:

Congratulations to Brandon who was named 1st team All State and "Captain" by the Detroit Free Press.

https://twitter.com/skyline_mbb/status/985544601816707072

For those keeping score, that is 4 of the 6 recruits that have made 1st team all state in their divisions.  Rotroff, Swingle and Carry are the others. Bizeau was honored with being selected to the 15 man all star roster to play in the Indiana vs Illinois game in April, and the Indiana vs Kentucky game in June (which is a big deal).  While he really needs to bulk up for A10 play this kid has some serious skills for a 6'11" kid.    Kelly was a key player on his HS State Champion team.  He is a rebounding beast.  

I know there are some "Nay Sayers" (there always are), but count me impressed with this recruiting results by KD and staff.  It has been a long time since we have seen so much talent in a single recruiting class.  Go Dukes!

Did not mean to disrespect the transfers from last year who were all All State players in high school along with other basketball awards.  Really going to be fun next season.

4/24/2018 6:02 pm  #21

Full length video Skyline vs Romulus.  Brandon Wade is #2.  At this point I don't think there is much question that Brandon will be a major contributor.  Starter?

4/25/2018 3:37 pm  #22

CLK wrote:

Full length video Skyline vs Romulus.  Brandon Wade is #2.  At this point I don't think there is much question that Brandon will be a major contributor.  Starter?

He could start, but KD won't hand it to him. Sincere Carry will be formidable competition if he's healthy.

4/25/2018 4:27 pm  #23

As well Tavian Dunn-Martin and possibly Craig Randall!

4/25/2018 4:49 pm  #24

Randall's my dark horse candidate.

Board footera