Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/28/2018 8:09 pm  #1

Ladies Continue to Roll

DU 73 -St Bonnie 58 - 20 for Chassidy - Double Double (11 & 11 I think) for Kadri Ann -  Libby did a real nice job coming off the bench.  Got a little closer than we might have liked towards the end as DU was up like 70-47.  St. Bonnie was a little short handed (only dressed 9 players) but ran a motion offense that got them a decent number of lay ups -  Still a solid overall effort - BEAT THE LADY LIARS ON WEDNESDAY!!!

Nice crowd as it was Women in Sports Day - so apparently from 3 to 4 the Lady Volleyball Team was there as were some other women's sports teams.

STUDENT SUPPORT - Non-Existent.

1/28/2018 8:44 pm  #2

Re: Ladies Continue to Roll

If (and I said if) it was the women’s Vb. team that sat at the top of the bleachers by themselves.....well they should have stayed home.   (See my comments in the thread about student attendance in the men’s section.)

Solid game.  Bona went cold from the three and it was game over.

Last edited by duqkurt (1/28/2018 9:16 pm)

1/28/2018 10:12 pm  #3

DUQKURT - SHARE the frustration regarding the attendance from the students - was pointing out due to Woman in Sports Day - Athletes from the OTHER sports were present before the game - Get the impression it probably WAS mandatory for them to be there - at least up until tip off or so - might have applied to sports like swimming, tennis etc just "threw volleyball out there as an example" 

A friend of mine joined me at the game -

When we were driving down - he asked if I attended the football games when I was at Duquesne (I'm one of those NEANDERTHALS who has ALWAYS preferred hoops to football) Told him yes mainly because I knew some of the players from my business classes.  (How many of the old timers remember walking the steps from the campus to South Stadium -  Going DOWN - not so bad - Going UP - not much fun.

Then got to wondering aren't there similar students that share majors with the players - develop some kind of friendship and say "I'll go watch my buddy play" (Especially on a Sunday Afternoon) 

1/28/2018 10:20 pm  #4

Thanks for the feedback.   Like I said in the other post if attendance at games by the other teams is mandatory they should stop this practice. 

They are embarrassing themselves by sitting there, texting and then leaving at halftime.   

I’d rather only have the pep band and those 3 students that cheered all game than the other teams who just don’t care or want to be there.   I wish I would have seen what women’s team it was because I would fire off an email to their coach.

1/28/2018 10:24 pm  #5

And all the students in the Pep Band are great as well.  They are having fun and into every game.  Thanks to them as well.

Board footera