Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/03/2018 8:46 am  #1

Seems like yesterday Steve & I were contemplating this ...

http://triblive.com/sports/college/duquesne/13256158-74/in-wake-of-success-ex-duquesne-forward-isiaha-mike-regrets-transferring

Clearly, speculating on what might have been doesn't accomplish anything.

That said ...If Mike had returned, MY OPINION for the 2 cents it may/may not be worth. It's based on playing the same schedule, and with the same injuries occurring:
1. Tydus wouldn't have been a starter to begin the season. The starting 5 (remember Brown was out) would have been Robinson, Mike, James, Smith, and Lewis II. Williams Jr., Verhoeven and Castro-Cannedy would have come off the bench.
2. Williams Jr. would still have nudged James to the bench. Kid is that good.
3. We would have weathered the injury storm vs. RMU and Pitt, and won one if not both games. We certainly would have beaten Cornell.
4. Once Kellon Taylor was with the team and everyone was healthy, I think the starting lineup would have been Brown, Mike, Williams, Lewis, RCC, with Robinson, Verhoeven, Taylor, Smith, and James giving us a really deep bench.
5. We would have taken one from the two losses at VCU and URI.
6. We might be looking at 20 wins and a top 4-5 team in the conference. Because of the weak SOS, we'd still be looking outside the bubble for the NIT.
7. We'd have a puncher's chance of winning the A10T.

Pure opinion. Worth nothing. Only thing really worth saying is to nod at Coach Dambrot's statement about the value of the "advice" that Mike received from those close to him. He would have been playing for a good coach in a good conference on a team that's only going to get better.

Imagine next year when all of that talent arrives?

And FWIW, Mike landed at a good school and the kid has talent and he'll do well. Hope to see our guys play against him in the NCAAT next year.

Board footera