Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/16/2012 12:00 pm  #1

Where's Ferry?

Impeccable source: Ferry on flight today recruiting; same with 2 his assistants (team day off).

11/16/2012 12:29 pm  #2

Re: Where's Ferry?

Interesting.  Thanks for the information.  Maybe he is making push to get one more signed by the 14th.

11/16/2012 12:32 pm  #3

Hopefully a knockdown shooter, which we really need IMO.

11/16/2012 1:26 pm  #4

Ferry said that on his 970 ESPN radio show last night that he was going on a recuiting trip today.

Not alot of calls to his show last night.   One caller took him to task for saying that he was "starting from scratch."   The caller asked "What makes this 5 year plan different from the rest?"

11/16/2012 1:35 pm  #5

I forgot about his show.  Anything else of interest?

11/16/2012 2:55 pm  #6

Nothing of real importance.  He did start the show sawing that he was "starting the program from scratch" that got the ire of that caller and as soon as I heard it I thought that is bound to have someone commenting.  Some talk about the A10 and conference realignment.  Some personal talk about his neighborhood and the effects of hurricane Sandy.  (His house was one of the few spared flooding in the area). 

His recuiting philosophy.   I missed about 15 minutes in the middle as I was getting home.   He talked about the recuiting trip mentioned above and the Albany and Georgetown games.  Basically "get to know you" kind of stuff. 

The SMS show was on right after that.   She stated that next year's large class has to do with depth.  One of the recuits, the woman from Canada, Brianna was supposed to be in this year's class but she opted for a "13th year of high school."   That decision left and the Carly injury left her short-handed this year (inferred that more than she said that)  And that she had to adjust her philosophy of not having a large recuiting class because of the overall depth.

Talked mainly about the Delaware game.   And that she thought Orsi may have had a concussion based on the fact that her head wasn't in the game the majority of Tuesday night.  That made me laugh.   She said they have a long way to go, because there were times in the second half of the Delaware game where she was calling out plays and the team was looking at her like they didn't know her.  Credited the victory to Wumi stepping up and Jocelyn Floyd not allowing them to lose in remaining minutes of the game with her defensive play and senior leadership.

Last edited by duqkurt (11/16/2012 2:57 pm)

11/16/2012 5:05 pm  #7

I didn't know the shows were on last night either, 970 seems to do little to promote the shows at all. Bendel won't even mention the fact that the Duquesne shows are on his station later that evening; seems odd. 
I was at the game and it was very frustrating to watch the lack of flow on offense and some really silly turnovers.  It seemed like the team just had little focus on offense.  The defense and rebounding were pretty good, and certainly made the difference.  The 2-2-1 trap really gave Delaware a lot of trouble.  I agree that I left the game thinking that Jocelyn Floyd really played like a senior, and I give her much of the credit for the victory.  She didn't score much, but really made some big plays and grabbed some big rebounds down the stretch.  It seemed like the Dukes were running some sets; but with the exception of a few inside baskets by Wumi; the offense was taking a lot of tough shots.  Maybe that is a credit to the Delaware defense.

Board footera