Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/25/2018 10:12 am  #1

Something to play for

Not much discussion happening on this Board is a sure sign of of the disease of Duquesne March Sadness. No question the last six games have depressing.  But I am going to state the obvious, the season is not over and the last two games (I don't think I am overstating this here) will determine the success of this season.  It has been a while since the last two games of the season mean something.  When you look at the A10 standings there is a big logjam in the middle of the League.

If we can win the next two (both very winnable game) we can secure a first round bye in the Tournament, secure a winning season, while at the same time make a huge statement about the program.  It is gut check time for the Dukes.  The Dukes need to come together as a team, shake this funk, and play with a sense of urgency and emotion.  Unless you are playing for the mob there is absolutely no reason to not show up for these games.  The Dukes need to have the mindset that they can out hustle and out tuff these teams. I am absolutely convinced that we can win these games.  Go Dukes!

2/25/2018 10:34 am  #2

Re: Something to play for

I haven’t been depressed over the results of the last six games.  This whole season I have seen improved play and a reason to be optimistic.   

if they avoid the play in game I believe will judge the season as a real success.

2/25/2018 12:00 pm  #3

St Louis is missing their playmaker for rest of season and UMass can be beaten, interesting that Richmond went into the same tailspin as Dukes after that overtime win.

This down year talk of A-10 is more of balance than mediocre teams.

I agree a sense of urgency is needed and more passes from out point guards, I saw Lewis wide open on left side at times when the dribble twins were doubled while trying to mount a drive to the hole.

A diehard fan since 1961

2/25/2018 12:16 pm  #4

We've played a lot better since the Fordham fiasco but we were not able to put together a 40 minute game. Might be able to beat St. Louis with that kinda effort but I doubt it. We're going to have to play just a little bit better to win last two and I think we just might do it.

2/25/2018 12:23 pm  #5

Phildog wrote:

St Louis is missing their playmaker for rest of season and UMass can be beaten, interesting that Richmond went into the same tailspin as Dukes after that overtime win.

I agree a sense of urgency is needed and more passes from out point guards, I saw Lewis wide open on left side at times when the dribble twins were doubled while trying to mount a drive to the hole.

Nah, the league is down, We got crushed out of conference this year, which is why the records are bad. Dayton and VCU are way below what they've been, St. Joe's is mediocre, Richmond had a disastrous ooc, and we no longer have Xavier and Temple to prop the league up. We need for us and St. Louis to step up and become bellwethers of this league.

2/25/2018 12:25 pm  #6

Phildog wrote:

I don’t understand him sometimes. He’s a catch and shoot guy trying to do stuff he can’t do.

Williams never gets in the rhythm because he taking all shots forced because our guards dribble the air out of it. This is the type of stuff that makes players turn selfish on eachother

2/25/2018 1:19 pm  #7

St. Louis can be beaten especially at home.
They average 66 per game allow about 65.
The pace that KD wants to have a chance to win.
Against Davidson, we held our own until about the ten
minute mark. From there on, Dukes fell behind, lost their focus,
fell behind more panicked with bad shots.
Should be interesting game.

2/25/2018 5:17 pm  #8

Something to play for would be putting up efforts the coach will remember next year, ML, EW, TS, TV and dare I mention Krivacevic, should all want to plant the seed in KD's head that THEY are the players next year, not a transfer, not a freshman, but me the guy here now.  Go out bust your butts, play lock down defense, hussle, make open shots.  

2 more wins, winning season, byes in tournaments are nice, and would be great positives to take away from this year, but I would want KD to know I'm the man next year.

2/25/2018 6:30 pm  #9

Not sure how they did it, but the Dukes were picked to be last and as of today, they are last.  The difference, is the last two years I began every game wondering how they would lose.  This year, no matter the record, I go into every game thinking they may win.

2/25/2018 6:35 pm  #10

FAM wrote:

Not sure how they did it, but the Dukes were picked to be last and as of today, they are last.  The difference, is the last two years I began every game wondering how they would lose.  This year, no matter the record, I go into every game thinking they may win.

The Dukes are not in last place. Fordham and UMass are 4-12 in conference. The Dukes are 6-10; tied for 10th with GW and La Salle - and the Dukes have that tie-breaker right now.

2/25/2018 6:37 pm  #11

I went by the chart that CLK posted at the top.  Thanks!!!!

2/25/2018 6:47 pm  #12

FAM wrote:

I went by the chart that CLK posted at the top.  Thanks!!!!

Yeah, CLK listed where the Dukes are and the teams above them. 

Now is the time for a late rally, a couple wins and a win to open the tourney.  Certainly doable, but a couple of slumps need to be broken. It looked for awhile like ML was over it yesterday, but then a 3 bounced out of the rim and it looked like that took away the positives from hitting a couple of nice (and long) 3's in a short span. 

Board footera