Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/04/2018 9:34 am  #1

A10 Tournament Pairings

3/04/2018 9:37 am  #2

Re: A10 Tournament Pairings

Time to go on a 4 game conference win streak 

3/04/2018 10:16 am  #3

Time to squash the Spiders and break this curse.  I wanted Richmond!

👞
🕷 🔨🔨🔨🔨

Last edited by coffee (3/04/2018 10:22 am)

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

3/04/2018 11:36 am  #4

Richmond is a terrible draw for DU.

Their style of play ( as it seemingly always has ) just gives DU fits.

Their strengths seem to always expose our weaknesses , and we have a tough time capitalizing on their weaknesses ( lack of a tough interior defense mainly).

Oh well , hope for the best - expect the worst.

3/04/2018 6:03 pm  #5

Going off our results in the last 22 games with Richmond I'm guessing we have about a 4 and half % chance of coming out on top in this one. 

3/04/2018 8:03 pm  #6

CLK wrote:

Anything's possible.  Keep in mind that the '77 Dukes, coming off a loss to a lowly Pitt team to end the regular season, hobbled into the Philadelphia Spectrum at 12-14 and captured the Eastern Eight title.

Despite a late-season collapse, something tells me Keith Dambrot's squad is capable of doing the same thing.

Hope springs eternal.

Rip Richmond!

LET'S GO DUQUESNE!!!

3/04/2018 8:47 pm  #7

IronDukes12 wrote:

CLK wrote:

Anything's possible.  Keep in mind that the '77 Dukes, coming off a loss to a lowly Pitt team to end the regular season, hobbled into the Philadelphia Spectrum at 12-14 and captured the Eastern Eight title.

Despite a late-season collapse, something tells me Keith Dambrot's squad is capable of doing the same thing.

Hope springs eternal.

Rip Richmond!

LET'S GO DUQUESNE!!!

I think we can beat Richmond, but winning the league will be much harder than in 77. First, we don't have Norm Nixon, or anything close. Second, URI, and Bona are better than Villanova was in 77. Third, we only won in 77 because Keith Herron, Villanova's best player, and the second best player in the league, injured his ankle in the semis, and couldn't go against the Dukes. When he was healthy, Nova blew the doors off the Dukes at the Arena.

3/04/2018 11:10 pm  #8

I think we will beat Richmond many times in the future, and we can beat them now. Yeah, we need to play very well to do that this time.

The past is gone, and all the losses that trace back 10-20 years ago mean nothing. 

3/05/2018 6:05 pm  #9

I like our chances against Richmond.  The UR players are expecting to beat us and despite all of the efforts by the Richmond coaching staff they will be looking past us at the Bonnies.  They'll be expecting to beat us when they're trailing in the second half and won't be convinced that they won't stage a late comeback right up until the moment the final horn sounds.

Then the SBU players will be feeling the same way the next day.  Two wins in this year's A-10 tournament is my prediction.

3/05/2018 6:16 pm  #10

/lurk mode off
Tejas ( and all you other folks)
Best of luck n the upcoming- let’s make it to where we get to see each other again and put up matching toasts!

Cheers,
VCU74

3/05/2018 8:28 pm  #11

Vcu74 wrote:

/lurk mode off
Tejas ( and all you other folks)
Best of luck n the upcoming- let’s make it to where we get to see each other again and put up matching toasts!

Cheers,
VCU74

​Hear Hear  Salut 

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/06/2018 9:39 am  #12

Regardless of the Richmond outcome, and really hoping for a win, the Dukes still have a shot at a CBI bid much like 2 years ago. Went one and done in the A-10 tourney and at 16-16 got the home game against Nebraska-Omaha, winning that one and then losing to Morehead State to finish at 17-17.I was one of a handful of fans present at the 1st round game. If we do play one here, let's get out and support this team. Not too optimistic about our chances of winning the A-10 but lets get every win that we can in this first year of our rebuild! GO DUKES!!

3/06/2018 12:08 pm  #13

president wrote:

Regardless of the Richmond outcome, and really hoping for a win, the Dukes still have a shot at a CBI bid much like 2 years ago. Went one and done in the A-10 tourney and at 16-16 got the home game against Nebraska-Omaha, winning that one and then losing to Morehead State to finish at 17-17.I was one of a handful of fans present at the 1st round game. If we do play one here, let's get out and support this team. Not too optimistic about our chances of winning the A-10 but lets get every win that we can in this first year of our rebuild! GO DUKES!!

There is much more positivity around the program today than there was two years ago, so I'd expect a decent turnout for a CBI game this time. This is especially true considering that Pitt did little to attract those locals who are neither hardcore Pitt or Dukes fans, but who root for all local teams. Some of these folks may come out for some postseason action. Two years ago, when the team was 15-7, it looked like Ferry actually had a chance to take the big step that we were looking for, maybe equaling, or bettering Ron's best season. When the wheels fell off, we all pretty much knew he was never getting it done, thus the CBI bid didn't engender much excitement.

3/06/2018 2:56 pm  #14

duq81 wrote:

president wrote:

There is much more positivity around the program today than there was two years ago, so I'd expect a decent turnout for a CBI game this time. This is especially true considering that Pitt did little to attract those locals who are neither hardcore Pitt or Dukes fans, but who root for all local teams. Some of these folks may come out for some postseason action. Two years ago, when the team was 15-7, it looked like Ferry actually had a chance to take the big step that we were looking for, maybe equaling, or bettering Ron's best season. When the wheels fell off, we all pretty much knew he was never getting it done, thus the CBI bid didn't engender much excitement.

Agree and hoping to see that evidenced by a huge crowd!  Great send off for this group of players.

3/07/2018 2:46 pm  #15

Biggest things I want to see is us try to get the freshman big in foul trouble and otherwise guard against the 3. Accomplish those two goals and I think we win tomorrow.

Board footera