Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/08/2018 11:28 am  #1

Stallings is outta here

Pitt looking for its third coach in 2 years.

Shame.

3/08/2018 11:43 am  #2

Re: Stallings is outta here

He seemed like a Danny Née hire from the beginning, all Jamie Dixon did was win over at Pitt.

A diehard fan since 1961

3/08/2018 12:42 pm  #3

They will most likely settle for an up and coming assistant at a P5 program. Definitely some challenges ahead there.

3/08/2018 1:01 pm  #4

Well, we will be saturated with who they should hire talk, then a week of "I cant believe they hired HIM" talk.

It is a shame tho!  

I am curious when they are firing SMS?  That program is as bad, and she's been there a while.  I know its not under as much pressure to win, but what has she done there?   Where did her recruiting magic go?  Or today's kids not remember she was a bad chic on the hoop court?

3/08/2018 1:04 pm  #5

The scuttlebutt among reporters is that Dan Hurley and Thad Matta are/would be under consideration.

Mark Schmidt's name also out there.

I wouldn't speculate, because, frankly, I don't give a rat's asterisk about Pitt. I wonder out loud, though, if the local media will offer speculation and report on rumored hirings they way they did with us last year, and whether, after the rumors start buzzing, they'll take gratuitous pot shots at Pitt for rumors it's can't control.

You know, the way they did for us last season.

3/08/2018 1:12 pm  #6

townsonkid wrote:

Well, we will be saturated with who they should hire talk, then a week of "I cant believe they hired HIM" talk.

It is a shame tho!  

I am curious when they are firing SMS?  That program is as bad, and she's been there a while.  I know its not under as much pressure to win, but what has she done there?   Where did her recruiting magic go?  Or today's kids not remember she was a bad chic on the hoop court?

The Suze is 67-87 overall and 22-58 in conference play. Stallings was 24-41 and 4-32 in the ACC. By comparison, she has been stellar. I think.

3/08/2018 1:32 pm  #7

Pitt gig not that attractive to many I don't believe. Wonder if Hurley or Matta would even be interested. Certainly not the P5 program that most would jump at!

3/08/2018 2:30 pm  #8

president wrote:

Pitt gig not that attractive to many I don't believe. Wonder if Hurley or Matta would even be interested. Certainly not the P5 program that most would jump at!

But still a P5  ("serve in Heaven") gig nonetheless

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/08/2018 2:34 pm  #9

ElDuque wrote:

The scuttlebutt among reporters is that Dan Hurley and Thad Matta are/would be under consideration.

I wouldn't speculate, because, frankly, I don't give a rat's asterisk about Pitt. I wonder out loud, though, if the local media will offer speculation and report on rumored hirings they way they did with us last year, and whether, after the rumors start buzzing, they'll take gratuitous pot shots at Pitt for rumors it's can't control.

With 93.7 thinking they are cool, they read twitter more than a Kardashian, so they will probably fall for the same gimmicks again. 

Izzo to pitt.  Or Sean Miller!!!!

If they get Hurley or Schmidt, I wouldnt mind it so much if it means their current teams drop off some, while we rise to power!  I think Hurley, with east coast ties and some knowledge of the ACC(thru Bobby) could be a good hire.  Danny is a cocky prick like a lot of pitt fans, he'd be a hit at fund raisers.  Question is, how much will he need to leave URI, for Pitt, when, I would assume, much better jobs will offer him a contract.

3/08/2018 4:32 pm  #10

Tejas_Duke wrote:

president wrote:

But still a P5  ("serve in Heaven") gig nonetheless

Stallings made $5mm in his first two years, and walked away with a $9.4mm buyout on top of that.

$14.4 million for 2 years work, indeed, not a bad gig at all.

3/08/2018 5:20 pm  #11

I'll offer them TWO names - King Rice (CAN'T blame him for turning down DU last year) BUT Monmouth had a pretty crappy year -  He's PROBABLY not the Hot Commodity he was last year.

The other is a Former LIU coach who took his team to the NCAA twice -  his boss at PSU is probably off the hot seat for now and the Pitt Program might be receptive to his "10 year plan"

3/08/2018 5:30 pm  #12

ElDuque wrote:

Trust me, the clowns in the local media will be up to the same tricks. It will be entertaining since we won't be the victim this time. As for Suzie, she's never been a great recruiter. The kind of players that get you to the WNIT from the A10 don't do so well in the ACC. The local talent has fallen off, and she's never shown the ability to get 4 and 5 star players. She also has a reputation of having a prickly personality. Pitt would like to get rid of her, but they don't want to have to eat her contract on top of Stallings', so she'll get at least one more year.

3/08/2018 6:06 pm  #13

Keep an eye on Schmidt. When we were replacing Ferry someone in the know told me his wife was from here and he was possibly thinking of coming back to the area.

3/08/2018 6:15 pm  #14

93.7 is already on the Thad Matta bandwagon cause someone, probably his friend, said that would be the best case for pitt.

3/13/2018 11:47 am  #15

Yikes, Matta linked to Georgia now.
If Hurley goes to UConn, what will pitt fans do?  Ask Narduzzi to coach bball?

3/13/2018 12:29 pm  #16

They should look at all the coaches we were alleged to have been making offers to last year: King Rice, James Whitford, and Dane Fife. They should look at Mark Titus.

Then they can go eat .

Board footera