Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/08/2018 8:38 pm  #1

Amari Kelly

Quietly Amari has been having a terrific senior season.  He helped lead his team to the State finals this coming Saturday.  There is a sad, but inspiring story link below telling how this young man has  dealt with his mother's murder.

http://www.gwinnettprepsports.com/sports/amari-kelly-a-senior-on-meadowcreek-s-basketball-team-rebounds/article_e10374c4-0470-5265-86d8-3811fd4f1229.html

3/10/2018 10:15 pm  #2

Re: Amari Kelly

Amari's team won the Georgia state title tonight. It was streamed live on Facebook. Amari looks like he is physically ready to contribute next year. He looks like he is a good rebounder, defender, and scorer around the basketball. He's got a nice stroke from the free throw line too.

3/11/2018 10:12 am  #3

There are also two other recruits still pushing for a state title.  Wade & Rotroff both on undefeated teams.  Rotroff scored 28 last night.

https://twitter.com/DanielleDwyerTV/status/972684942927974400

3/11/2018 10:16 am  #4

Congrats to Amari and his teammates.  Wishing him all the best.

3/11/2018 11:52 am  #5

I can't wait to see these guys wearing a Dukes uni!!!!!!

3/12/2018 4:11 pm  #6

Kelly's team winning that title is a big deal in these parts. The school they beat is a perennial state champ winner at the highest level & has developed a national reputation over the last decade. It is good to know that he is at least facing strong competition.

4/23/2018 5:58 pm  #7

There is going to be some serious competition at the PF/C spot next year, & I think Amari Kelly could earn some serious minutes next season behind Mike Hughes.  You can't glean to much from the highlight videos but I found some full game videos on our recruits (for those serious fans with time on their hands) that give a good idea of their overall game. Watching Kelly (#23) the thing that strikes me is his "College Ready" body, his ability to rebound, block shots and pass out of the post.  The video below is from the playoffs in which he had a double double and 5 blocks and a number of really nice assists.  I can post some full game videos of other recruits if there is any interest. 

4/24/2018 10:02 am  #8

Thank you, CLK. I enjoyed the video and would love to see the others you have. This young man looks physically ready to contribute which is one of the big leaps needed. For most freshmen It is exciting to get a full game perspective. Again, thanks. I will happily watch whatever you post!!!

4/24/2018 4:27 pm  #9

Me too.

Board footera