Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/12/2018 11:46 am  #1

WNIT

Wouldn’t it be wonderful if the Dukes played Robert Morris (if they make it) in the first round? RMU will not play us due to the J. Sole transfer. They also know we will beat them! Hoping for a home game or two!

Last edited by HookShot (3/12/2018 11:47 am)

3/12/2018 11:06 pm  #2

Re: WNIT

Dukes get 21-10 Miami of Ohio in Oxford on Thursday at 7:00 PM. GO DUKES!
#Free Coach Burt

3/13/2018 5:20 am  #3

Wishing the Ladies the Best of Luck!!!!  

3/13/2018 5:45 am  #4

10 straight years of postseason play.

#FreeCoachBurt

3/13/2018 10:51 am  #5

So we are a 10 seed in the WNIT at 23-7, playing a 7 seeded MAC team at 21-10 and potentially vs 2nd seeded G'town team at 15-15?  Do they seed the WNIT?  That makes no sense.
Gotta win to continue, regardless.

3/13/2018 11:51 am  #6

Dukes have already beaten three MAC teams including their Champion C. Michigan, who just slipped by Miami in an earlier round of their tournament.  I was impressed with CMU when they played the Dukes, in fact, I was surprised with the win, as the Dukes didn't play well at all in the first half.  So, if Miami can play within 2-pts of CMU they must be a good team.  With the Dukes, attitude seems to be everything.  If they go in with a determined attitude they can win, but if they just show up and expect to win, it will be an ugly loss, similar to last year's debacle in the NIT at Drexel. 
I really have no idea what to expect from this team. 

3/13/2018 12:35 pm  #7

Hey, local (Pittsburgh) fans: Did ANY media outlets run a story about DU making the WNIT?

Not seeing anything on the Internet.

Too busy worry about who's going to replace Toby at Pitt, I guess. Because that program will bounce back real quick at this point.

3/13/2018 2:12 pm  #8

Agree with levon1975; Based on the post game conference after the St. Louis loss, the team should continue to carry that bad taste in their mouth and take it out on every one of their WNIT opponents, beginning with Miami (Ohio)- a good team.

Yes, which Dukes team will show up for the game?  Duquesne has been called 'soft' all season long; a lot of that softness is about the lack of being mentally tough.  Of all the players, Chas has to take the leadership role and demand that any softness (this includes settling for 3 point shots instead of taking the ball to into the key) must stop. 

I am hoping this will be the case.

3/13/2018 2:50 pm  #9

ElDuque wrote:

Hey, local (Pittsburgh) fans: Did ANY media outlets run a story about DU making the WNIT?

Not seeing anything on the Internet.

Too busy worry about who's going to replace Toby at Pitt, I guess. Because that program will bounce back real quick at this point.

Nothing in the local print media , nothing in the local electronic media ( other than a brief retweet or 2 taken from the university website ).

There was a brief mention on the CBS local news at 11 p.m. last evening that stated DU , Bobby Mo, Penn St. and WVU will be playing in the WNIT.

Maybe on game day there will be a brief write up .  We'll see.

Last edited by ghost (3/13/2018 2:51 pm)

3/13/2018 6:51 pm  #10

Not really concerned with local coverage in the fishwrap.  Maybe the team will unify around the “Free Coach Burt” theme.  They certainly need to find a way to build a fire under themselves and come out with passion!  They have to earn some respect here!

3/13/2018 7:13 pm  #11

levon1975 wrote:

Not really concerned with local coverage in the fishwrap. Maybe the team will unify around the “Free Coach Burt” theme. They certainly need to find a way to build a fire under themselves and come out with passion! They have to earn some respect here!

Post of the day! I may be the only person old enough to understand "fish wrap."

Board footera