Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/28/2018 6:17 pm  #1

Men's NIT Box Scores

From the box scores it appears the teams in the Men's NIT are playing four quarter games, like women's basketball.
Is this an experiment or just a rules change for the NIT?  Is there any talk of implementing this rule next season?. 

3/28/2018 6:38 pm  #2

Re: Men's NIT Box Scores

FIBA three point line, NBA width lanes and five fouls per quarter equals double bonus like the NBA and now Women's game have adopted are the main rules for the NIT being experimented. The 30 second shot clock was used as an experiment few years ago and it came into play the year after. Forgot to add, the shot clock resets to 20 instead of 30 on offensive rebounds for this NIT as well. 

3/28/2018 7:15 pm  #3

The only thing I want to see in the NIT box score is a Penn St. loss.

3/30/2018 11:23 am  #4

Penn State won the NIT.  Good for them!

3/30/2018 9:09 pm  #5

Bilgy wrote:

Penn State won the NIT.  Good for them!

Screw them!

3/30/2018 9:52 pm  #6

Well duq81, this is where we disagree.  I have no problem with them winning the NIT.  Though I dislike the coaching of the assistant coach who came from Duquesne I have always liked both their football and basketball teams.  However, I think it came from the fact that Pitt hates them so much and is so jealous of them that every time they win anything, (including the NCAA wrestling title) the folks at Pitt throw up and freak out on their boards.  But, I probably dislike Pitt more than anyone on this board.  

3/30/2018 10:05 pm  #7

duq81 wrote:

Ha ha ha!!  Too Bad for you!  Penn State crushed both Ben Howlsnd’s MSU team in the semis, and dominated their Utah in the final! They also won at Notre Dame!  All this was done without their best big man Mike Watkins.  This team will be very strong next season!  M

3/30/2018 10:28 pm  #8

levon1975 wrote:

duq81 wrote:

Ha ha ha!! Too Bad for you! Penn State crushed both Ben Howlsnd’s MSU team in the semis, and dominated their Utah in the final! They also won at Notre Dame! All this was done without their best big man Mike Watkins. This team will be very strong next season! M

It's personal with me. You don't help run this board, so you didn't have to deal with the Penn St trolls that came on this board a few years back, trashing Duquesne, and talking all sorts of noise. Left a very bad taste in my mouth. Even the Pitt fans have never done what they did. Screw Penn St.

3/30/2018 10:34 pm  #9

FAM wrote:

Well duq81, this is where we disagree.  I have no problem with them winning the NIT.  Though I dislike the coaching of the assistant coach who came from Duquesne I have always liked both their football and basketball teams.  However, I think it came from the fact that Pitt hates them so much and is so jealous of them that every time they win anything, (including the NCAA wrestling title) the folks at Pitt throw up and freak out on their boards.  But, I probably dislike Pitt more than anyone on this board.  

I have no love for Pitt hoops, but I can discuss them in a rational manner when appropriate. As for football, I have no problem with Pitt, as they don't compete with Duquesne in that sport. I used to root for all three teams, but I have less interest in WVU now because they play in such a far away league, although I still pull for their success. As for Penn St., the Sandusky thing, and especially the reaction of their fans, has turned me off from Penn St. football for good. To them, football was more important than the boys who had their lives ruined. TO HELL WITH THEM!

3/31/2018 8:11 am  #10

FAM wrote:

I am happy you dislike Pitt. ​But I absolutely own disdain for that program. 

Eat  Pitt!

3/31/2018 7:53 pm  #11

duq81 wrote:

levon1975 wrote:

duq81 wrote:

Ha ha ha!! Too Bad for you! Penn State crushed both Ben Howlsnd’s MSU team in the semis, and dominated their Utah in the final! They also won at Notre Dame! All this was done without their best big man Mike Watkins. This team will be very strong next season! M

It's personal with me. You don't help run this board, so you didn't have to deal with the Penn St trolls that came on this board a few years back, trashing Duquesne, and talking all sorts of noise. Left a very bad taste in my mouth. Even the Pitt fans have never done what they did. Screw Penn St.

oo
they didnt have too much to say two years ago when we ran them out of the building

Last edited by Tejas_Duke (4/02/2018 10:27 am)

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/31/2018 8:31 pm  #12

Tejas_Duke wrote:

duq81 wrote:

levon1975 wrote:

oo
they didnt have too much to day two years ago when we ran them out of the building

They sure didn't. Boy did I enjoy that game.

4/02/2018 10:27 am  #13

duq81 wrote:

Tejas_Duke wrote:

duq81 wrote:

oo
they didnt have too much to say two years ago when we ran them out of the building

They sure didn't. Boy did I enjoy that game.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

Board footera