Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/05/2018 12:46 pm  #1

Pitt fired Susie's arse

Buh-bye!

Boy, they roll through the basketball coaches, don't they?

4/05/2018 12:58 pm  #2

Re: Pitt fired Susie's arse

Dan needs to get Diop. She's a grad, so she can play next year.

4/05/2018 1:00 pm  #3

I don't see why that is good?  Duquesne was beating her nearly every year, and her recruiting was pretty dismal.  They will certainly get someone who can at least recruit better players.  It may take a while to rebuild the program at Pitt, depending upon how much they want to invest in a coach, staff and recruiting budget.  I don't see that this area turns out enough talent to support a program at the D-1 level. 

4/05/2018 1:04 pm  #4

Media already calling for Pitt to hire Coach Burt.   I will be severely disappointed if he leaves.

4/05/2018 1:09 pm  #5

Levon, I am merely delighting in Pitt's misery. If a local legend can't succeed there, who can?

Kurt, wait, the media will also tie Auriemma, McGraw, and other top coaches to the job. They specialize in wishful thinking.

4/05/2018 1:55 pm  #6

duqkurt wrote:

Media already calling for Pitt to hire Coach Burt. I will be severely disappointed if he leaves.

Yeah, it reminds me of when Agnus got fired. Folks here were laughing, until they took our coach.

My guess is they aim higher than Dan Burt. They actually followed our lead, and finally hired a competent AD.

Last edited by duq81 (4/05/2018 1:57 pm)

4/05/2018 2:58 pm  #7

pitt formula right now appears to be to hire an assistant from a highly successful program and then have the fans and media assume that that success will streamline right to the pitt program. I'll put my money on them going for Shea Ralph

4/05/2018 3:01 pm  #8

4/05/2018 4:04 pm  #9

Pitt is probably trying to weasel out of the buyout, saying she was fired due to these allegations; but they better have solid evidence of abuse, rather than just a coach being angry with her team and letting them know it!  Heather the Hatchet!

4/05/2018 5:08 pm  #10

levon1975 wrote:

Pitt is probably trying to weasel out of the buyout, saying she was fired due to these allegations; but they better have solid evidence of abuse, rather than just a coach being angry with her team and letting them know it!  Heather the Hatchet!

That's the new thing now. Uconn is trying it with Kevin Ollie. We should have done it with Nee and Ferry, but we couldn't give coaches another reason not to come here.

4/05/2018 5:45 pm  #11

Sorry to see it play out like this as Suzie gave Duquesne instant credibility when she arrived and turned
the womens program around.Without her name Duquesne would never have achieved the success it has
enjoyed and Dan Burt has jacked up this program and the table is set for the Dukes to get a NCAA bid
next season. Burt has a good job here and is set for as long as he wants to coach here.He seems like he
is very loyal to Duquesne but money talks and people walk.
Pitt sounds and looks like a good job,and Burt has this Europeon connection,Pitt is in a great league,and
top players want to play for in a top flight league.
 I pray Coach aint leaving leaving but if Pitt really wants him and throws a lot of money his way ,who
could blame him for leaving.To succeed at  Pitt the question is can Burt bring in the athletic inner city
post players that he hasnt been able to get at Duquesne.I think he could do that.No question.
 Another factor is his total disgust for the poor officiating job Duquesne gets in key games from the A10.
He looked enraged and extremely frustrated at that A-10 bs refereeing.Yikes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 This dont look good for Duquesne as Burt is a top flight coach with all the qualities to succeed at Pitt.

4/05/2018 5:59 pm  #12

I don't expect Pitt to go the Burt route, though he is certainly a worthy candidate. After seeing Lyke make a beautiful hiring with Jeff Capel, I wonder if Pitt can pull off a similar move now.

Last edited by quiresultan (4/05/2018 5:59 pm)

4/05/2018 6:18 pm  #13

Pitt could make another great hiring and this outstanding coach is only 2 miles away from Pitt.

4/05/2018 6:31 pm  #14

stew wrote:

Pitt could make another great hiring and this outstanding coach is only 2 miles away from Pitt.

If Pitt can get Shea Ralph, they have to take her. If you just hired the top assistant of the greatest men's coach, why wouldn't you want the same for the women. The fact that Ralph was on Agnus' staff makes it even more of a no brainer.

4/06/2018 3:01 am  #15

stew wrote:

Is CMU REALLY 2 Miles from Pitt??  HANDS OFF OUR COACH.

4/06/2018 6:07 am  #16

SkepticAl wrote:

stew wrote:

Is CMU REALLY 2 Miles from Pitt??  HANDS OFF OUR COACH.

RMU. Or AIP.

4/06/2018 6:38 am  #17

They can hire someone off of Dan's staff.

4/06/2018 11:50 am  #18

DU can get in front of this and offer Dan an extension with some more $.  But, I think he'd be crazy to take that job, its awful.  And they will be bottom of the ACC for a long time.  He can win next year here, and go someplace really good, like any other ACC school, get more money than pitt will offer and be happier, and not have to lose to his old team like SMS did.

Pitt's a joke.

4/06/2018 12:29 pm  #19

Or he can stay at Duquesne.  Keep doing what he is doing and pretty much have a job for life.   He stated when he signed the extension that DU was where he wanted to end his career.

4/06/2018 12:55 pm  #20

duqkurt wrote:

Or he can stay at Duquesne. Keep doing what he is doing and pretty much have a job for life. He stated when he signed the extension that DU was where he wanted to end his career.

There's no such thing as a job for life. I've seen many coaches fall off after a long run. Guess what happens? They get fired. Remember Joey Myers? How about John Thompson III? I can't get mad at Dan if he leaves for big money, I just hope it's not to Pitt.

4/06/2018 8:22 pm  #21

if he leaves, just hire SMS back at the salary she left at DU .  We'll still keep beating pitt, they are terrible.
It will drive pitt people crazy!!!

4/07/2018 6:00 am  #22

Here's hoping things somehow work out OK for April Robinson.

4/07/2018 6:38 am  #23

And, Wumi Agunbiade was a grad assistant last year. Hoping she also gets on solid ground!

4/07/2018 6:49 am  #24

townsonkid wrote:

DU can get in front of this and offer Dan an extension with some more $.  But, I think he'd be crazy to take that job, its awful.  And they will be bottom of the ACC for a long time.  He can win next year here, and go someplace really good, like any other ACC school, get more money than pitt will offer and be happier, and not have to lose to his old team like SMS did.

Pitt's a joke.

Great advise... He deserves it and we need to keep Dan.

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

4/07/2018 10:04 am  #25

He signed an 8 year extension last year.   At the time he had the longest contract in D1 woman’s basketball.

April was not fired by Pitt

Last edited by duqkurt (4/07/2018 10:05 am)

Board footera