Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/11/2018 6:27 pm  #1

Aaron Jackson to Houston Rockets

4/11/2018 6:48 pm  #2

Re: Aaron Jackson to Houston Rockets

About time! Happy for Aaron, who was a senior my freshman year.

4/11/2018 7:28 pm  #3

Atta boy, Mr, Jackson!!

4/11/2018 7:51 pm  #4

That's wonderful! Lived close to my Son in Cricklewood (not sure what it's called now). Spoke with him often. A fantastic player and all-around great guy!

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

4/11/2018 8:56 pm  #5

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

4/11/2018 9:27 pm  #6

He is going to one of Mike James old teams, happy for him.

I remember him taking over games as a Duke, like at Radnor when he just shredded them in the 2nd half for the road win.

Good for AJAX!

A diehard fan since 1961

4/11/2018 10:39 pm  #7

Wow, it's pretty unusual for a guy to make his NBA debut at such an advanced age. I figured the NBA dream was over for him. Good for him!

Last edited by duq81 (4/11/2018 11:44 pm)

4/12/2018 3:05 am  #8

I saw Aaron hit for over 40 points in the NIT game at Va Tech. Their fans were amazed at his talent (as was I).

4/12/2018 5:51 am  #9

From NBA.com game recap:
Houston added a new player in Aaron Jackson, who spent the past seven seasons playing overseas. Jackson arrived just before game time and didn't even have his name on the back of his No. 55 jersey, which had belonged to the recently released Tim Quarterman. Jackson scored eight points in 34 minutes.
''It was surreal. I was at a hotel with my girlfriend for her birthday, then my agent called and said, `How fast can you get to the airport? You're playing with the Houston Rockets for the rest of the season,''' he said. ''I packed my bags as fast as I could. Hopefully I can do whatever it takes to try to help them win a championship.''

4/12/2018 6:54 am  #10

I'm sure I haven't watched an NBA game in ten years or more, but I'll try to catch Houston the next time they are on

4/12/2018 7:00 am  #11

rosceaux wrote:

I'm sure I haven't watched an NBA game in ten years or more, but I'll try to catch Houston the next time they are on

For their next game, the Rockets open up the playoffs versus Sacramento on Sunday 9pm.

4/12/2018 12:02 pm  #12

This is awesome, I like watching the NBA but never really rooted for a single team. Color me a rockets fan for at least the rest of the year.

4/12/2018 5:38 pm  #13

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

From NBA.com game recap:
Houston added a new player in Aaron Jackson, who spent the past seven seasons playing overseas. Jackson arrived just before game time and didn't even have his name on the back of his No. 55 jersey, which had belonged to the recently released Tim Quarterman. Jackson scored eight points in 34 minutes.
''It was surreal. I was at a hotel with my girlfriend for her birthday, then my agent called and said, `How fast can you get to the airport? You're playing with the Houston Rockets for the rest of the season,''' he said. ''I packed my bags as fast as I could. Hopefully I can do whatever it takes to try to help them win a championship.''

The rest of the article- http://www.espn.com/nba/recap?gameId=400975976

COFFEE
Attitude is everything

4/13/2018 7:44 am  #14

With the Rockets, AJAX has a legitimate chance to earn a NBA Championship Ring this year.

Besides Mike James and Norm Nixon, are there any other former Dukes with a ring?  I remember that Mickey Davis’ 1975 Milwaukee Bucks made in to the finals but lost to the Celtics. Billy Zoph played 50 games or so for the Bucks during their 1971 season, but he was not on their playoff roster (so I’ll count Billy with an asterisk).

duq81, this question is in your wheelhouse. Any other Dukes player that I have overlooked?

4/13/2018 7:59 am  #15

Si Green finished his career with the Celtics during their string of titles. I don't know if he was with them long enough to get a ring though.

4/13/2018 8:04 am  #16

Jim Tucker played with the Syracuse Nats on their 1955 NBA Championship team.

4/13/2018 8:13 pm  #17

Thanks for the updates everyone and I especially appreciate Duke81 and Jim Tucker reference! Maybe the most underrated great old Duke! Congrats to Aaron and in my top 5 guards  that I saw  play since the 60s!

Last edited by Judge Jack McVay Jr (4/13/2018 8:14 pm)

4/14/2018 7:19 am  #18

Judge Jack McVay Jr wrote:

Thanks for the updates everyone and I especially appreciate Duke81 and Jim Tucker reference! Maybe the most underrated great old Duke! Congrats to Aaron and in my top 5 guards  that I saw  play since the 60s!

Judge,

That’s a long list to draw from, Somerset, Stromple, theBarr’s, Zoph, Nixon, Dixon, OJ Jackson and so many more from old times as well as from the 80’s on.

Duquesne was always a rich source for great guard play......

A diehard fan since 1961

4/14/2018 7:31 am  #19

Thanks Phildog and I  dont kno how but completely forgot  about Oscar Jackson! I  didn't really see Strompel and was little when I saw Somerset against Army and my first basketball game.  I have BB high on my list too and wholeheartedly agree with you. Thanks for the update and your list

4/14/2018 4:11 pm  #20

Judge Jack McVay Jr wrote:

Thanks Phildog and I  dont kno how but completely forgot  about Oscar Jackson! I  didn't really see Strompel and was little when I saw Somerset against Army and my first basketball game.  I have BB high on my list too and wholeheartedly agree with you. Thanks for the update and your list

BB had about a 9 inch vertical leap, one night he is near the basket baseline doing about 3 head fakes finally gets the defender to bite and hits the 5 footer. The ref calls a travel ( we used to call it up and down ) and me and my buddies start screaming “ Hey ref, his feet never left ground!! Bringing a laugh to all fans sitting near us who agreed he never did jump much. He was fun to watch and I hear he is doing well these days.

A diehard fan since 1961

4/14/2018 4:55 pm  #21

Hahaha I love it! He works with emotional support kids at Presley Ridge school and has for a long time. I stay in touch with him and great call on his game too!Had a little time with Celtics too

4/15/2018 9:49 am  #22

Some video of AJAX hitting a three in the NBA... How does that feel Aaron?

http://www.nba.com/video/2018/04/11/0021701230-aaron-jackson-houston-rockets-sacramento-kings-3-pointer-2q

I really didn't give a damn who won the NBA Championship until now!

YA MADE IT!  Keep it rolling!!

Last edited by coffee (4/15/2018 9:55 am)

COFFEE
Attitude is everything

4/15/2018 10:13 am  #23

Thanks for sharing Coffee!

4/15/2018 6:09 pm  #24

Judge Jack,
Please check your inbox

Last edited by coffee (4/15/2018 6:10 pm)

COFFEE
Attitude is everything

4/17/2018 11:10 am  #25

A really good interview with Aaron Jackson by Tim Benz. Well worth a listen.
http://files.triblive.com/podcasts/sportstalk/AJAXapril16th2018.mp3

Board footera