Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/12/2018 6:56 am  #1

Scholarships

Here’s an informative article from The Duquesne Duke Sports Editor, Adam Lindner, on the scholarship situation. Much speculation, but Adam has a little more depth and possible insights as compared to anything that I have seen published so far.
http://www.duqsm.com/duquesne-basketball-program-looking-toward-next-season/

4/12/2018 8:18 am  #2

Re: Scholarships

Thanks Phoenix.  I really like the motivating comments by Mike Lewis.   

4/12/2018 9:08 am  #3

Perhaps we are moving to a 15-40,  3 platoon system.

4/12/2018 10:26 am  #4

No one at DU has to specify who is on athletic scholarship, who is on academic scholarship, who is paying their own way, etc. Privacy laws protect the interests of the students.

We're in compliance. If Coach Dambrot wants a roster of 20 guys and stays in compliance, more power to him. I still remember seasons in which we had fewer bodies than scholies.

Go Dukes!

4/12/2018 11:04 am  #5

I think Alabama football team has something like 135 players on roster.  Maybe more.
They are under a microscope, and dont ever seem to break that size rule.
I'm not worried about being over the limit.  I just wonder how we might be able to fit in a freshman shooting guard. :-)

4/12/2018 11:04 am  #6

ElDuque wrote:

No one at DU has to specify who is on athletic scholarship, who is on academic scholarship, who is paying their own way, etc. Privacy laws protect the interests of the students.

We're in compliance. If Coach Dambrot wants a roster of 20 guys and stays in compliance, more power to him. I still remember seasons in which we had fewer bodies than scholies.

Go Dukes!

Amen brother, the speculation is nonsense and a waste of time. Dambrot has been coaching for decades and I believe has never had any kind of recruiting violations, why would he start at the end of his career? He knows what he is doing.

With the talent he's already brought in, you can see the culture change beginning to happen.

I was at the initial presser at PPG and one of the many great quotes from Dambrot that struck a chord with me was, "we will no longer be a school bringing guys in because this is their "highest" offer, or one of few D1 offers. This will become a destination and we will compete with the top programs out there for players."

With guys like Bizaue, Rotroff, Swingle, and some of the transfers, you could argue that's already starting to happen.

Board footera