Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/10/2018 12:40 pm  #1

5/11/2018 4:35 am  #2

Re: Duquesne & the City League

INTERESTING thing about Rich Cotten - Cinicola used to "start" him for a while -  Hoped he would win the opening tip -  FIRST whistle -  COTTEN OUT - GAMBRIDGE IN -  scenario repeated at start of second half (as this was before the alternate possession rule.

Drove me nuts thought Rich was a much better player than Gumby - but it was Cinicloa's pay check on the line not mine.

5/12/2018 12:39 pm  #3

Hahaha thanks for the recollection but remember Don went by many self declared monikers including The People's Choice which he eventually shortened to simply The Choice!

5/12/2018 6:26 pm  #4

SkepticAl wrote:

INTERESTING thing about Rich Cotten - Cinicola used to "start" him for a while -  Hoped he would win the opening tip -  FIRST whistle -  COTTEN OUT - GAMBRIDGE IN -  scenario repeated at start of second half (as this was before the alternate possession rule.

Drove me nuts thought Rich was a much better player than Gumby - but it was Cinicloa's pay check on the line not mine.

Richard had great games in practice but didn’t perform as well during the games that counted, Donnie came on in his Senior year and played a lot of tough minutes against some strong power players, Lewis Brown of UNLV (Steel Bowl) Corodizine  and Roboczine of DePaul. Gumby also used the Mike Rice Dirty Tricks like standing on rebounders feet and many other annoying things to throw off their game! Both fun guys to watch of that NCCA team......

A diehard fan since 1961

5/12/2018 8:35 pm  #5

Phildog wrote:

SkepticAl wrote:

Richard had great games in practice but didn’t perform as well during the games that counted, Donnie came on in his Senior year and played a lot of tough minutes against some strong power players, Lewis Brown of UNLV (Steel Bowl) Corodizine and Roboczine of DePaul. Gumby also used the Mike Rice Dirty Tricks like standing on rebounders feet and many other annoying things to throw off their game! Both fun guys to watch of that NCCA team......

Dave Corzine was a pretty good player who played in the NBA for 13 years. The Dukes beat them Norman's senior year. The next year we went to Chicago, and they ran us out of the building. Bill Robinzine was a senior when Corzine was a freshman. He was gone by Gumby's senior year. UNLV was also when Gumby was a junior. I don't know how much he played as Ernest Cooper was our starting center.

Board footera