Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/01/2018 8:54 am  #1

Preseason Picks

Dukes getting a lot of attention.  Go Dukes!

https://twitter.com/CBB_Central/status/1013215981685149696

7/01/2018 9:09 am  #2

Re: Preseason Picks

I'll take 5th place.

7/01/2018 9:29 am  #3

I honestly have no clue what to expect with the youth and lack of established chemistry on this team.  I don't see them jelling right away even though they may have more talent than last year. 

It'll take a while to establish roles.  I can see them finishing anywhere from 4th to 7th.

Can't wait to see the Coach's poll.

We'll see how fast KD can teach so many players new to the system.

Last edited by coffee (7/01/2018 9:30 am)

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

7/01/2018 9:52 am  #4

coffee wrote:

I honestly have no clue what to expect with the youth and lack of established chemistry on this team.  I don't see them jelling right away even though they may have more talent than last year. 

It'll take a while to establish roles.  I can see them finishing anywhere from 4th to 7th.

The good news is that the five transfers (really four since the big guy was hurt) practiced together for an entire year. They should be pretty familiar with each other).

7/01/2018 10:17 am  #5

Dukes2012 wrote:

coffee wrote:

I honestly have no clue what to expect with the youth and lack of established chemistry on this team. I don't see them jelling right away even though they may have more talent than last year.

It'll take a while to establish roles. I can see them finishing anywhere from 4th to 7th.

The good news is that the five transfers (really four since the big guy was hurt) practiced together for an entire year. They should be pretty familiar with each other).

This is the big difference. The 5 transfers are men, not kids, so it's not really that young of a team. They've been there a year, practicing under Dambrot. The ones from Akron have been with him even longer.

7/01/2018 7:59 pm  #6

Interesting rankings. I think Mason and UMass are rated too highly while St. Joe and Davidson are too low. I think the Dukes will be Top 5. The transfers are hungry after sitting out a year. The size is impressive and the Coach does not like to lose. This should be a really tops-Turkey league this year! Going to be a fun ride.

7/02/2018 7:39 pm  #7

duq81 wrote:

Dukes2012 wrote:

coffee wrote:

I honestly have no clue what to expect with the youth and lack of established chemistry on this team. I don't see them jelling right away even though they may have more talent than last year.

It'll take a while to establish roles. I can see them finishing anywhere from 4th to 7th.

This is the big difference. The 5 transfers are men, not kids, so it's not really that young of a team. They've been there a year, practicing under Dambrot. The ones from Akron have been with him even longer.

I hear you about the transfers being able to practice last year and it is defiantly a big plans.  Game situations are still a bit different.  Here's hoping they find their game chemistry.

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

Board footera