Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/09/2018 8:59 am  #1

Old Dukes

How many old Dukes can you name? Just for the record, a few of these guys weren't players. There are 6 Dukes in the photo.

7/09/2018 9:48 am  #2

Re: Old Dukes

Is that John Moore back row, middle?

7/09/2018 10:00 am  #3

Purduke wrote:

Is that John Moore back row, middle?

Yep!

7/09/2018 11:57 am  #4

Jeff Baldwin, Fred Moon, B.B. Flenory, Bruce Atkins, John Moore, Barnett Harris

7/09/2018 12:29 pm  #5

What photo?

7/09/2018 2:31 pm  #6

VBC wrote:

You sir, are a winner!!! You must be as old as I am .

7/09/2018 2:33 pm  #7

7/09/2018 3:04 pm  #8

Didn't see a link anywhere until you posted this one.

Seeing Joe Kane reminded me of one of my first days on campus. I went down to the old gym to see if I could shoot hoops or maybe get into a pickup game, and there was a game going on between "DU" and "Pitt." Norm Nixon, Joe Kane, Lonnie McClain, couple other guys playing Matt Cavanaugh, Rooster Jones, and some Pitt BB players I can't remember. I had grown up seeing some tremendous HS basketball in my neck of the woods (Kelly Tripucka, Clyde Bradshaw, Abdel Anderson, Mike Dabney), but I had never seen an on-court track meet like I did that day.

7/09/2018 3:10 pm  #9

ElDuque wrote:

Seeing Joe Kane reminded me of one of my first days on campus. I went down to the old gym to see if I could shoot hoops or maybe get into a pickup game, and there was a game going on between "DU" and "Pitt." Norm Nixon, Joe Kane, Lonnie McClain, couple other guys playing Matt Cavanaugh, Rooster Jones, and some Pitt BB players I can't remember. I had grown up seeing some tremendous HS basketball in my neck of the woods (Kelly Tripucka, Clyde Bradshaw, Abdel Anderson, Mike Dabney), but I had never seen an on-court track meet like I did that day.

Hey, if someone had tripped Cavanaugh, Pitt wouldn't have won the national Championship that year.

7/09/2018 3:18 pm  #10

duq81 wrote:

VBC wrote:

LOL!  I wish I was as old as you, you young whippersnapper!
I see Dale Kontra and Joe Kane in the photo also.

7/09/2018 3:19 pm  #11

duq81 wrote:

ElDuque wrote:

Hey, if someone had tripped Cavanaugh, Pitt wouldn't have won the national Championship that year.

After I found out who he was, my first thought was what the deuce (used a different word back then) was he thinking?

7/09/2018 3:35 pm  #12

VBC wrote:

duq81 wrote:

VBC wrote:

LOL!  I wish I was as old as you, you young whippersnapper!
I see Dale Kontra and Joe Kane in the photo also.

This was at Joe Kane's house. He started doing this a few years ago. Nixon came 2 years ago. There was enough food to feed an army. Joe was at Rod's wake trying to get guys to come, I think that's how he got Bruce Atkins.
I took many pics. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10215706590915844.1073741954.1174831239&type=3

7/09/2018 3:36 pm  #13

ElDuque wrote:

duq81 wrote:

ElDuque wrote:

After I found out who he was, my first thought was what the deuce (used a different word back then) was he thinking?

Young people think they're invincible, especially athletes.

Board footera